Slippery Rock Sliders

Dilbert

If there aren't frequent White Castle giveaway nights, this team should forfeit its right to exist.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On so many levels, this sucks. But I will focus on one, and one only...this logo cannot be stitched. Good luck making hats, patches, anything that needs to be embroidered with this logo.

I'll try to emulate your restraint: A jersey script that says "Sliders" and the terminal S just has a little peg sticking out with no swooshy Dodgers-style underline to convey the motion of a slide? If you gave this concept to the 100 worst graphics designers in America, I would expect 90 of them to at least put a cliched Dodgers-style underline beneath the letters to look like it's sliding. Calling this logo "bad" is an insult to bad.

On the other hand, this logo perfectly captures the level of quality the team seems to be displaying in all other aspects of its operations. Points for clarity and accuracy in conveying the team's identity. I ran across the team website yesterday while looking up minor league clubs along the route of a trip I'm taking in June and it's almost impressive how consistently sub-mediocre every aspect of this team seems to be. It really does look like a group of sitcom characters decided to start a professional baseball team. As a prank. "Well, it's gonna cost $15 to register a website. Anybody got a twenty? Aw, Jenna, you da man! [signature line cues laugh track] That leaves five bucks to make a logo."

20082614447.png

Was this an attempt to emulate the Altoona Curve? The curve is a real thing (a long horseshoe-shaped stretch of rail over the Allegheny Divide). What's the Slippery Rock Slider? Sounds like something you swig out of a shot glass.

Marc

I thought it was sick.

But then I remembered our slang isn't your slang, and re-read the name.

OK, it's Slippery Rock - Sliders, not Slippery - Rock Spiders.

Here's what we call a Rock Spider:

http://www.odps.org/glossword/index.php?a=...e5aacb1a8b1aca5

But I still hate it. But that's from an Australian perspective.

Every time I will see the name, I will think of Slippery Child Molesters, and so, can't ever get over that.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• LMU pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived