Awesome post on Cleveland Browns "elf" logo that's coming back

leedsunited

I wonder if they'll "clean up" the logo or do a modernization. I'm sure the team has discussed both of these scenarios. It is a bit messy, so I'm for a little clean up, but it would lose all appeal if they updated/modernized it. No charm.

Also, in the article they show two versions. The one standing still and the running one. I'm waiting for one of them to go bye-bye.

Something about it bothers me. It's just kind of goofy for a pro team, and certainly not very intimidating. If they do update it, no doubt some marketing firm will be paid lots of money to give it a meaner look a la the new cardinal and seahawk. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

He shouldn't be on the helmet, but if they want to use him more, just designate him as the primary logo. They don't have to put him on the uniform, just use him at centre field, as a letter head, etc...

Also, it would give networks something besides an orange rectangle or a 3D helmet to use for the Browns.

I wouldn't doubt it's on the comeback. When I went to see the Bucs play them, I bought a program and there's a big article on why they chose black shoes/gray mask because it "ties" in so much to the "glory" days of Cleveland football, so I guess this is more of a tie in to the glory days.

KISSwall09.jpg

He shouldn't be on the helmet, but if they want to use him more, just designate him as the primary logo. They don't have to put him on the uniform, just use him at centre field, as a letter head, etc...

Also, it would give networks something besides an orange rectangle or a 3D helmet to use for the Browns.

Primary logo works for me. I know some NFL fans aren't wild about the Brownie but you're right...you see all those logos and then they slap a Browns helmet or an orange rectangle up there for the Browns..... I also wish the networks would be a little more uniform in the logos for teams. I mean, if you are going to use the leaping tiger logo for the Bengals, then use the growling bear for the Bears and not the C. Just be consistent.

My thoughts exactly. Keep it away form the helmet (and the uniform as a whole), but as a primary logo, the Brownie Elf rocks!

That always killed me when the Browns would be represented by their helmet, or a strip of orange, or that insidious "B" in a football logo from a few seasons ago.

I'm glad to see him make a comeback. I don't want him updated - he's perfect as-is.

Ya, I agree.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So Brownies comin back? Yay, finally. He's better than the <=B=>, the orange helmet, and the orange sphere that Fox seems to love. SO yeah, this is good for the Browns, I like it.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived