Eagles vs. Saints

OB33

I concur, 4th & 10 or 4th & 15, same difference. This is it, balls to the wall, you have to go for it. Punting at that point is conceeding and you may as well just tell them team to go into the locker room.

Why? So they can convert it and the refs penalize them a further 5 yards?

Not to take anything away from New Orleans, but it did seem to me that the refs were pushing "neutral observer" tonight.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me a freakin' break:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/posttech/

Fox Airs Profanity During Eagles-Saints Game

Frank Ahrens

It's Saturday night and I'm watching the NFC playoff game between the New Orleans Saints and the Philadelphia Eagles.

At the 8:37 mark in the first quarter, New Orleans defenders broke up a pass intended for a Philly wide receiver.

After the replay, the Fox cameras cut to the stands, showing New Orleans fans celebrating.

One young woman (note I do not call her a "lady") was wearing a t-shirt reading ":censored: DA EAGLES." Except her shirt had letters where the asterisks are.

Fox is in court right now challenging the FCC's right to police the airwaves for indecency. Networks have argued that too many FCC fines for indecency have been for fleeting instances of profanity or indecency and on live TV, where the networks have no control over the actions of those they televise.

But this instance was neither fleeting nor live: The profane word was not said, it was WRITTEN on the TV screen on her t-shirt for five seconds. The TiVo evidence is indisputable.

Moreover, it was not live: The Fox cameras recorded her celebrating when the play happened and aired it during the replay. In other words, Fox directors CHOSE to air the profane word.

Whether the government should have the ability to police the airwaves is an issue for the courts. But Fox -- and by extension, all the networks -- do themselves no favors by choosing to air material that is in slam-dunk violation of FCC rules. It's equivalent to flipping a vulgar hand sign at the government. And to many viewers, as well, who doubtless are watching this game with their children.

:censored: DA CHILDREN

dXMbWSnr.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The hillarious part is the author got largely ripped on his own website for being overly-sensitve and uptight by the commenters.

My favorite:

"Oh my God, I saw the 'F' word on TV! Quick change the channel! Ahhh NBC, there's some decent all-American television, an episode of SVU about child-rape. Thanks God I'm not exposed to filth anymore!"

This is why I absolutely LOVE the NFL. It is first and foremost about the game. But the secondary stuff adds a lot. Team rivalries...soap opra-esque spats between coaches and players, owners and coaches, fans and players etc. etc. not to mention F-bombs from Greg Lloyd on live television....and a Saints gal with an obscene t-shirt.

newsig.jpg

I concur, 4th & 10 or 4th & 15, same difference. This is it, balls to the wall, you have to go for it. Punting at that point is conceeding and you may as well just tell them team to go into the locker room.

Hey, remember Jerry Maguire? Cuba Gooding, Jr. spoke one of the greatest movie lines of all time: "Well, boo :censored:in' hoo." You can't say that false start was a bad call - the guy clearly moved.

The woman in the t-shirt is a classless idiot. As if New Orleans doesn't have enough image problems.

As for the game, I think it's difficult for anyone unfamiliar with their history to really know the feeling when Bush fumbled that pitch away. The Saints have blown games in so many imaginative ways through the years that it was VERY tough not to get a "Here we go again..." lump in one's throat. Thank God it didn't bounce up to an Eagle for a runback and hats off to the D for making a stand when it counted. Thanks also to Coach Reid for his kindness in electing to punt it back to us. I disagree with that decision given how the Saints had run through the Eagles' D all night and the success Philly had scorching the Saints' secondary with big plays. Can't believe they didn't take a shot at making the first down.

There's still work to do, but it's often been said the Saints would make the Super Bowl when Hell freezes over. Well, just in case, Satan better be digging in his closet for his coat, hat, and mittens! :D

You know, Cyclopsis Joe, as much as it kills me to admit it, there was one time I rooted for the Falcons and even - :blink: - wore a Falcons sweatshirt, and that was when they went to the Super Bowl. So come on, Joe...Be a Saint.

B000BHSROS.01-AQRFB0FG6BNGS._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is the happiest Tom Benson has been since his 1st wife died and he got to marry his young (young for him) girlfriend. :shocked:

I bet she can't wait for him to die so she can get all his $$$ & team

The LAST thing the NFL needs is to have another trophy wife become an owner. <_<

Isn't that trophy wife the only reason the Rams are in St. Louis?

The team will be going to his grand daughter when he dies. Benson has been grooming her for ownership for at least 5 years. Rita Benson-LeBlanc was the one to is right when they showed him wasking onto the field at the end.

Hey, remember Jerry Maguire? Cuba Gooding, Jr. spoke one of the greatest movie lines of all time: "Well, boo :censored:in' hoo." You can't say that false start was a bad call - the guy clearly moved.

The woman in the t-shirt is a classless idiot. As if New Orleans doesn't have enough image problems.

As for the game, I think it's difficult for anyone unfamiliar with their history to really know the feeling when Bush fumbled that pitch away. The Saints have blown games in so many imaginative ways through the years that it was VERY tough not to get a "Here we go again..." lump in one's throat. Thank God it didn't bounce up to an Eagle for a runback and hats off to the D for making a stand when it counted. Thanks also to Coach Reid for his kindness in electing to punt it back to us. I disagree with that decision given how the Saints had run through the Eagles' D all night and the success Philly had scorching the Saints' secondary with big plays. Can't believe they didn't take a shot at making the first down.

There's still work to do, but it's often been said the Saints would make the Super Bowl when Hell freezes over. Well, just in case, Satan better be digging in his closet for his coat, hat, and mittens! :D

You know, Cyclopsis Joe, as much as it kills me to admit it, there was one time I rooted for the Falcons and even - :blink: - wore a Falcons sweatshirt, and that was when they went to the Super Bowl. So come on, Joe...Be a Saint.

Yeah, and I'll throw on a suit and call myself George Bush the Third while I'm at it.

You ever see The Exorcist? A demon in that movie says one of my favorite lines in all of cinema history: "Your mother sucks :censored: in Hell, Karras, you faithless slime."

(Don't worry, that was supposed to be in good humor)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

WHO IN THIS DAY AND AGE GETS A "ILLEGAL FORWARD PASS" PENALTY!?

The Patriots did against the Dolphins a few weeks ago.

And for the record, the pylon is considered in-bounds, so Bush's TD rightfully should count. The pylons mark the corners of the endzone and extend upward to infinity, just like the goal line does. If the ball crosses the pylon in-bounds (or knocks it over), it's a TD.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Eagle fans - please don't cry about the referees. Don't make us look like every other bitching whining fan that thinks their team is above reproach and the only way they can lose is if there is some conspiracy afoot.

The referees didn't cost the birds the game. Andy Reid did. From the outset, it was obvious that he regained control of the play calling from Marty, which pretty much negated all of the positive strides he has taken as a coach and leader in the past six weeks.

As a nation, I ask that you don't

1- criticize the referees for this one

2- take anything away from the Saints.

We all feel that Andy Reid cost us the game, but in reality he cost us a legit shot to win the game. It still could have gone either way (though I'm sure we all were leaning to one side.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is the happiest Tom Benson has been since his 1st wife died and he got to marry his young (young for him) girlfriend. :shocked:

I bet she can't wait for him to die so she can get all his $$$ & team

The LAST thing the NFL needs is to have another trophy wife become an owner. <_<

Isn't that trophy wife the only reason the Rams are in St. Louis?

Actually, the absense of a stadium in Anaheim or LA is why the Rams are in St. Louis (she still lives in Los Angeles IIRC).

And of course there are the internet rumors that she wants to move the team back anyway...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Eagle fans - please don't cry about the referees. Don't make us look like every other bitching whining fan that thinks their team is above reproach and the only way they can lose is if there is some conspiracy afoot.

The referees didn't cost the birds the game. Andy Reid did. From the outset, it was obvious that he regained control of the play calling from Marty, which pretty much negated all of the positive strides he has taken as a coach and leader in the past six weeks.

We all feel that Andy Reid cost us the game, but in reality he cost us a legit shot to win the game. It still could have gone either way (though I'm sure we all were leaning to one side.)

Very classy. I salute you.

I don't pretend to be familiar enough with the Eagles to judge Reid across the board, but that punt at the end was inexplicable.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Amen. Couldn't have said it better myself. Toward the end of the game, the people I was watching with started talking about the overarching conspiracy to make the Saints a feel-good story and screw the Eagles. Absolute bull :censored:. The Saints won, and the Eagles didn't do enough to win.

1. The Bush TD was good, the pylon was moved, the plane was broken before he touched the ground out of bounds. Would've counted just the same if Westbrook did it.

2. 3rd and 1 from their 1, and you try a pass to Thomas Tapeh? Really, that's your best plan?

--> Incidentally, it wouldn't have mattered. Even if the Birds score, it's 28-27. The Saints would've gotten the ball back with plenty of time left to kick the GW FG. They did it before, they could've done it again.

3. WTF was Andy thinking? First off, as was mentioned astutely, the gameplan had his grubby fingerprints all over it. That was not a Marty Mornhinweg game, and it showed. Second, you're given a gift - a Sean Payton mistake against the Eagles, which NEVER happens - and you punt? This is the team that made "4th & 26" a rallying cry. You got the yards on 4th & 10, so what's 5 more yards? Are you really playing for field position?

4. Did they ever say what happened to Shawn Andrews? No one said anything that I caught, until the Eagles suddenly stopped running the ball for crucial short yardage situations, and Scott Young introduced himself with the costly false start on 4th & 10. No excuse for that.

At least Black Saturday's over. First the Flyers... then the Tar Heels... then the Eagles. I knew when I got out of bed it had that kind of feel to the day. Grrr.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Andy Reid is becoming more and more Martz-like every season. All I'm hearing today is how Marty should take over. Maybe I'm still not thinking clearly, but I can't say that's a bad idea.

After the game, my GF (not an Eagles fan - yet) tried to tell me that it was OK, and that "the sun will still come out tomorrow."

I'm still waiting for the sun. Grey skies and light rain as far as I can see.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm sure you all were rooting for us in 98. So yeah, even though you have to go to Chicago and now defeat the Rex Grossman that doesn't suck...I'm still pullin for ya. GO SAINTS!!! SHOW THE NFL THAT THE NFC SOUTH OWNS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHe5aV-THpQ&eurl=

The Reggie Bush Hit. That has to be one of the hardest hit I've seen...ever. Props for Reggie getting back up and making huge plays afterwards...BUT GOOD GAWD.

Yeah, those are the kinds of plays that Pennington would make. Hanging the receiver out to dry, then BOOM!! It happened a few times during that Dolphins/Jets game on Christmas night.

-E.A.R.

Archived