Twins Franchise Caps

nateoxford

I was thinking of buying a Franchise cap from the local Lids store. According to various users of this forum, these caps are the most comfortable anywhere.

I had a question about the sizing, though. Should I get it slightly too big, or a perfect fit? The reason i ask this is because the 5950 shrinks enormously over time, so it is necessary to buy a slightly loose one. I'm just wondering if the cotton on the Franchise cap will shrink as much as the wool on the New Era one.

Thanks!

I haven't had a problem with mine shrinking, and I've put them in the wash a few times.

I've washed mine 2 or 3 times and never had a shrinking problem. Maybe after a wash they fit a bit tigher, but I'd compare it to the fit of jeans after a wash...a little tigher but it stretches out after a few hours. Sweat/Rain does not shrink them...at least that I've noticed.

I'd say buy to fit. They may be 100% cotton but because of the artifical wear, I believe they are prewashed/preshrunk. At least that's been my experience with the few that I have.

It's been my experience, as well. They seem to be pre-shrunk.

Unless you're the proud owner of a 7 3/4 head like mine, in which case, Lids likely won't have your size.

Or my teams.

I do wish we could buy directly from the manufacturer - they're my absolute favorite cap, but surprisingly not a lot of places carry them.

I am the owner of a ridiculous collection of these caps, including several from the NFL, before Reebok got the rights. Anyways as the posters said above I would buy to fit, with all of my hats I've never had them shrink on me.

problem i've had with the "franchise" caps:

i bought an XL longhorns hat... fits snug, but comfortable on my 7 7/8 head.

then i bought an XL red sox hat... and it is completely useless to me. won' come close to going around my big head. it's the same hat! same size!

i guess i'll try an XXL sox hat, but then i'm scared it'll get here and be too giant for me... like maybe my first XL sox hat was defective or something. :\

problem i've had with the "franchise" caps:

i bought an XL longhorns hat... fits snug, but comfortable on my 7 7/8 head.

then i bought an XL red sox hat... and it is completely useless to me. won' come close to going around my big head. it's the same hat! same size!

i guess i'll try an XXL sox hat, but then i'm scared it'll get here and be too giant for me... like maybe my first XL sox hat was defective or something. :\

My Red Sox and Dallas Stars size Large hats fit great but my Steelers size L doesn't fit worth a damn(and they don't make them anymore :mad: ). My Kentucky one shrunk on me. Still, best hats i've ever found. I love them.

I am the owner of a ridiculous collection of these caps, including several from the NFL, before Reebok got the rights. Anyways as the posters said above I would buy to fit, with all of my hats I've never had them shrink on me.

You definitely will have the most success fitting it at the store. If you order from the manufacturer or Lids or something like that, you need to find your general size first and then it still may not fit 100% correctly. I find they are still like the 5950s (which are supposedly not supposed to shrink anymore), each one is different. I have a size 7 1/4 head and I have to try several to get the right fit. They are right about it not shrinking. I have washed an Illinois hat about 20 times and it still fits great (it faded, but that's part of the look).

I own 9 Twins Enterprise hats (XL) and some come a bit more snug than others...when that happens I wet it down and stick it into the dryer for awhile and that does the trick. So I would recommend going with the larger size

Actually you can get (at least the Red Sox) from the manufacturer. www.yawkeywaystore.com is the store that the twins (whose name escapes me at the moment- something along the lines of D'angelo?? I know they were the sons of Italian immigrants) started decades ago. they began making their own caps, and the rest is history.

If you were to call the store, they may have much more in stock- but thats just a guess.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

• LMU locked this topic

Archived