madden 2008 wishlist

slightly shotgunned

I hope Tom Brady gets his due and is on the Cover of Madden 2008

So he can follow in the tradition of

Michael Vick

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

it all depends on what the game is about..hit stick came to madden in 05, so they put one of the NFLs biggest hitters in ray lewis on the cover. 06 was about precision passing, so they put one of the most accurate passers in the NFL in mcnabb. 07 was about running, so they put one of the top RBs on the cover in alexander. depends what 08 is about as to who will be on the cover

Michael Vick

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

it all depends on what the game is about..hit stick came to madden in 05, so they put one of the NFLs biggest hitters in ray lewis on the cover. 06 was about precision passing, so they put one of the most accurate passers in the NFL in mcnabb. 07 was about running, so they put one of the top RBs on the cover in alexander. depends what 08 is about as to who will be on the cover

The 2008 cover will obviously feature LaDainian Tomlinson, unless the conspiracy theorists are right, in which case it'll be Drew Brees. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Michael Vick

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

Clearly, they're gonna focus on Endzone dances, so Ochocinco's gonna be on the cover :D

Just as long as they don't make a new Interception playmaker control, in which case, Kitna'll make an earthshattering appearance on the cover.

Icecap, you forgot the Lions...we're still a Franchise, afterall. :D

Actually, what Madden has now for the lions is great, although I'd like to see the single season blue pants.

D'oh! I knew I forgot someone....the Lions, and as it turns out, the Raiders.

Lions-blue/silver, white/silver, black/silver, blue/silver throwbacks, white/silver throwbacks, white/blue throwbacks ( B) ), blue/silver throwbacks (Thanksgiving set), white/silver throwbacks (Thanksgiving set inverse)

Raiders-black/silver, white/silver, 75th anniversary throwbacks

They should add Bears' white/white.

And since they have NFL Europa teams, why can't they add CFL teams?

I think it's because the NFLE is technically an NFL controlled entity. The CFL is an independent league. Also, I don't know if it's possible to program two different styles of football into one game (American and Canadian).

Michael Vick

Donovan McNabb

Shaun Alexander

It's one thing to say "Oh oh, So-and-so's on the cover of this year's Madden, he better watch out for the curse." To actually wish for someone to be injured, however, is low.

This entire thread sort of reminds me of the Bill Simmons idea for every NFL team to have a "common sense" coach that would help teams avoid things like going for it on 4th-and-11 in FG range or drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

I mean, it sounds like we have a bunch of people here who play the game frequently and keep bringing up the same things. Does EA not have some kind of market research / common sense gameplay guy who brings some of these things up? I can't imagine little things like adding the correct uniforms, making momentum a factor, or fixing the way players progress would take that much time, especially since games like 2K and NCAA have already implemented things similar to many of our suggestions.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I mean, it sounds like we have a bunch of people here who play the game frequently and keep bringing up the same things. Does EA not have some kind of market research / common sense gameplay guy who brings some of these things up? I can't imagine little things like adding the correct uniforms, making momentum a factor, or fixing the way players progress would take that much time, especially since games like 2K and NCAA have already implemented things similar to many of our suggestions.

Go over to Easports.com and read their madden board. The 08 wishlist is like 165 pages or something. Some of the wishes are from a 10 year old who wants to basically do whatever, but for the most part it's the gamers who feel cheated. From what I gather, they put that turd out because they knew next gen gamers wanted madden and would buy it regardless and they figure why improve when they have a monopoly. Crap or not, it'll be a million+seller each season and that bugs the heck out of me.

KISSwall09.jpg

A couple more:

For uniforms, have separate options for modern/throwback helmet, then divide those into jersey color and pants color.

For 360, at least, allow roster updates that don't require you to have to set up a quick online game.

Fix the pass coverage. It seems like they've gone overboard with the ability to tip passes since it's now an option, yet at the same time many of those are sure interceptions that are drops.

Also, fix the stadium cameras during stoppages in play. One of the shots in Gillette is 75% blocked by a concrete beam.

VmWIn6B.png

Allow options in field designs.

For example: As it is now if I play as the Chargers in powder blue I have to use the current field design based on the navy uniforms. Or if I wanted to play with the Bucs in their orange and white uniforms, I still have to use the current field design.

Have at least two field design options per team that can be changed on the same menu where you adjust the weather, time of day, etc...

Go over to Easports.com and read their madden board. The 08 wishlist is like 165 pages or something. Some of the wishes are from a 10 year old who wants to basically do whatever, but for the most part it's the gamers who feel cheated. From what I gather, they put that turd out because they knew next gen gamers wanted madden and would buy it regardless and they figure why improve when they have a monopoly. Crap or not, it'll be a million+seller each season and that bugs the heck out of me.

I did that right after I got Madden 07, but I had to stop reading it fairly quickly because I felt myself getting stupider with each post I read. You can only read so many "MADN 07 SUCKS OMG CLINTN PORITS IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTR IN REAL LIFE LOL REDSKINSSSSS RULE!!!11" posts before you start to lose it.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The only thing I ever play is Franchise, but I'd like to see the following included....

1. Gang Tackling

2. Realistic AI stats

3. Expand rosters for the preseason and then at the end cut the roster down to 53.

4. Be able to deactivate and suspend players.

5. Hype the draft more during the offseason.

6. Make the playoffs and Super Bowl feel different than a regular season game.

7. Make homefield advantage key like in the NCAA Football games.

8. More options for create uniforms and alternate jerseys for real teams.

9. Bobbled snaps and botched kicks.

10. A half time show and/or postgame press conferences.

11. Bring back the cheerleaders. ^_^

I could see them putting a defensive back or lineman on the cover, like champ bailey or jason taylor.

If they ever fixed the blocking, they did a little bit this year, but its still not great, they should put an O-Lineman on the cover, maddens a big guy, Im sure he would like or want that.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived