Wizard's Alternate

buckeyes1

I love em...unlike with some gold jerseys, I can easily tell these from white jerseys, for example (memories of Purdue vs Washington in the Sun Bowl a few years back come to mind). the black shorts are a nice touch as well.

When's the last time an NBA team wore a different color top than shorts? I remember seeing a Hardwood Classic game like that last season, but can't recall the team off hand.

I'm guessing it was back in the day of two-handed passes, Chuck Taylors, and Brillcream (a little dab'll do ya!)

Trying to remember other teams who have used that two tone uniform (different color shorts and different color jersey) The only one I can recall is the Kansas State University teams of say maybe the 1970s or so...didnt they use a light purple jersey with a dark purple shorts?

Any others?

Trying to remember other teams who have used that two tone uniform (different color shorts and different color jersey) The only one I can recall is the Kansas State University teams of say maybe the 1970s or so...didnt they use a light purple jersey with a dark purple shorts?

Any others?

Harlem Globtrotters?

:P

Any others?

Oakland University outside of Detroit has been mismatching their jerseys all season. Their colors are also Gold and Black. The white top with Gold shorts looked especially bad.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I love em...unlike with some gold jerseys, I can easily tell these from white jerseys, for example (memories of Purdue vs Washington in the Sun Bowl a few years back come to mind). the black shorts are a nice touch as well.

When's the last time an NBA team wore a different color top than shorts? I remember seeing a Hardwood Classic game like that last season, but can't recall the team off hand.

the Chicago (Stags) Bulls did it last year:

gordon_freethrow3.jpg

personally, i think the Wizards alt is a bit too far from the overall logo scheme to make much sense...

Any others?

Oakland University outside of Detroit has been mismatching their jerseys all season. Their colors are also Gold and Black. The white top with Gold shorts looked especially bad.

You're right. I just looked 'em up real quick...

3168.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

Yea, I gotta pile on and say that overall, I'm not a fan. Have they ever had gold in their history? It would be like if the Bulls came out next year with a purple alternate just for the fun of it.

I like the stars and shoulder stripes, but would have found the set more appealing in red white and blue.

These jerseys are interesting. Not that great overall, but I give them credit for stepping outside the box. Also, their regular set is so horrible that I prefer watching the Wizards wear these over their teal monstrosities.

Washington wearing gold isn't analogous to the Bulls coming out with a purple alt (or whatever) for two reasons... first, as PANTONE has clarified, gold was a (very minor) part of their color scheme already. And second, the Wiz completely redid their color scheme in the late 90s when they changed their name, so it's not like they are drawing on a lot of tradition to begin with.

As someone else has mentioned, I think the best alt for them would be one of the Elvin Hayes-era throwbacks with the red stripes across the top. Unfortunately, I think they're trying to distance themselves from the name "Bullets" since DC was the murder capital of the US a few years back. I can't remember them ever wearing a Bullets throwback since the name change - can anybody confirm or deny this?

hayes_elvin.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Washington wearing gold isn't analogous to the Bulls coming out with a purple alt (or whatever) for two reasons... first, as PANTONE has clarified, gold was a (very minor) part of their color scheme already.

What I clarified was that Gold was NOT part of their color scheme; Bronze is, Gold is not.

Washington wearing gold isn't analogous to the Bulls coming out with a purple alt (or whatever) for two reasons... first, as PANTONE has clarified, gold was a (very minor) part of their color scheme already.

What I clarified was that Gold was NOT part of their color scheme; Bronze is, Gold is not.

I like the Wizards' alts. I guess it's just the fact that they're different. The stars and the mix-and-match look makes them look like a gold-and-black version of the Globetrotters.

Of course, I might change my mind about these uniforms if it spawns a new generation of mix-and-match uniforms among basketball teams.

Mea culpa. However, in the color swatches you displayed, it appears that the "bronze" they use is very close to the "gold" that they use (at least on my crappy laptop screen).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Yea, I gotta pile on and say that overall, I'm not a fan. Have they ever had gold in their history? It would be like if the Bulls came out next year with a purple alternate just for the fun of it.

I like the stars and shoulder stripes, but would have found the set more appealing in red white and blue.

As someone else has mentioned, I think the best alt for them would be one of the Elvin Hayes-era throwbacks with the red stripes across the top. Unfortunately, I think they're trying to distance themselves from the name "Bullets" since DC was the murder capital of the US a few years back. I can't remember them ever wearing a Bullets throwback since the name change - can anybody confirm or deny this?

hayes_elvin.jpg

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall them wearing Bullets throwback unis 2 to 4 years ago, just for like one or two games. I don't follow them too closely, so I could be completely off here.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

hayes_elvin.jpg

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall them wearing Bullets throwback unis 2 to 4 years ago, just for like one or two games. I don't follow them too closely, so I could be completely off here.

Jordan_Last_At_MCI_JPG.jpg

There's Jordan wearing the Bullets throwbacks

IUe6Hvh.png

I really don't like these jerseys at all. Gold would make some sense if they were going to use alts (or bronze what ever its close enough for me), in fact that's what I always thought a wizards alt would be. The jerseys themselves aren't that bad. But they'd look good since the NBA has some of the worst alternates out of all the leagues. The Black shorts are what really annoy me. Its cool that they tried something different. But those shorts look like they just bought a random pair at some Wal-mart down the street. The worst thing is that they seem to wear them more then their regular uniforms (I don't watch the Wizards as much as people may think, I only really tune in during national broadcasts). Overall I think they'd be better off using the old Bullets unis as alts. They are from DC so they should try to wear red, white, and blue at least some of the time.

Archived