NBA on ABC

OB33

Makes me miss the NBA on NBC theme.

NBA on NBC theme was the best. Even if I had no interest in the game I would turn on the beginning just to hear the theme song.

Same here... and this rendition of it might be the coolest intro I have ever seen.

:D:D:DThat was funny video.

Good stuff. Magic, Bird, Jordan. Lakers, Celtics, Bulls. The NBA is never, ever, ever going to reach those heights again.

The NBA on NBC theme song is the greatest sports theme ever, bar none. So yeah, anything that the other companies attempt will be lame compared to NBAonNBC.

That being said, although it was a sell-out move by BEP to change the lyrics and put it on TV, I have to say, if you're gonna sell out, sell out like that because for some odd reason:

Let's Get It Started

+ Playoff Basketball

----------------------------

= Greatest thing about that particular year in the NBA.

So yeah, I liked that. Other than that, it's been meh.

But the John Williams SNF theme is great too. Idk why, but I'd rather hear orchestra-type music when watching football, rather than contemperary music. Which is why I felt the old MNF theme completely and utterly owned the Hank Williams theme in every way imaginable.

Sunday Night football should just do some sort of opening using 'A New Game' or some other NFL Films music. Maybe accompanied by video clips of the two teams from their present and their past. Or something like that.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think part of the reason the NBA has lost its appeal to me is because of the butcher job ABC/ESPN has done. I remember the NBA tripleheaders on Sundays and obviously "Roundball Rock" by John Tesh is an all-time classic. Good times. Back then TNT/TBS used to have like 6 games a week. Now they only get 2 on Thursday.

Jerseys were better back than too. Orlando pinstripes anyone? San Antonio fiesta colors? Detroit in teal? Aw memories.

I think part of the reason the NBA has lost its appeal to me is because of the butcher job ABC/ESPN has done. I remember the NBA tripleheaders on Sundays.

Dude, that's what made Sundays during the offseason of football even bearable!!! The fact that you knew that the entire day, there'd be straight-up B-ball and high quality games that people actually cared about and were important to the way things were going at that time in the NBA. Gawd I miss the NBA on NBC.

Jerseys were better back than too.

then

San Antonio fiesta colors?

Weren't actually on the jersey.

Detroit in teal?

Those were horrible.

1. Typo

2. I know that, but that court looked a lot better than the dull looking thing the Spurs play on these days.

3. I liked the teal Pistons jerseys.

The best NBA theme songs to me are...

-NBA on NBC (Roundball Rock original cut--just like the YouTube link above)

-NBA on TNT (late 90s-2003 theme; also used on Turner's locally-produced Atlanta Hawks telecasts until a couple years ago)

-NBA on CBS (1980s; smooth, basic theme--helped set the mood of the game telecasts)

-NBA on Fox Sports Net (current song; kinda underrated, and their theme music for MLB, NBA, College Football and Basketball, and NFL are the only tolerable things I like about Fox Sports)

Archived