Most Uniforms for 1 Player...

ColeJ

i was thinking about this just now, during the stars/sharks pregame, as mike modano is back from his hip injury...

will mike modano set an unofficial record, for most uniforms worn by 1 player with 1 franchise?

i'm sure mike sillinger has worn more uniforms, because he's played for everyone in the league... j.j. daigneault has got to be close, too...

not even including uniform tweaks (like the addition of the texas to the shoulders of the black north stars jerseys, or the change from green number to white numbers after the first lockout), and also not including the alternates, like the mooterus, modano has worn the green north stars, the black dallas/minnesota uniforms, the current star shaped uniforms... but what i think will put him over the top, is the new uniforms for next season.

i know robitaille wore purple/yellow, black/silver, then purple/black... so he's tied with modano now, with no chance of adding to it.

the only other players i can think of, would maybe be mario lemieux...

anyone have anything else they can think of off the top of their head? or any concrete answers?

not including throwbacks, either... since those are basically alternates...

What about Teemu Selanne for the Ducks? I would have no idea how many he's worn so I'm really just throwing him out there but it just seems like they've gone through a fair share of uniform changes.

not including alternates, though, it's really just the purple/jade and the black/gold/orange, right? though they're kinda tricky, considering they had a home and road alternate, so it was almost a full new uniform set. oy. the ducks are strange.

also, i should mention that soccer doesn't count. lol. i bet thierry henry has about 20 more than the leading north american athlete.

By my count, Lemieux wore five different styles for the Penguins. The original Skating Penguin, the Modern Penguin plus the diagonal Pittsburgh. The "pajama" alt later replaced the diagonal Pittsburgh and became a primary to make 4. Then the Las Vegas Gold skating Penguin alt became the primary set.

It skews the balance towards players whose teams has made the alt a primary, so you might as well count the alt jerseys.

It also helps if a team has home and roads that don't match, such as Pittsburgh's 92-93 and 99-00 sets, like Ottawa or Atlanta do now.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Cole, are you just talking about hockey players? If so, I think Ziggy Palffy is up there...I think he wore the Islanders' blue jersey in 94-95, the Fishsticks in 95-96, the hybrid in 97-98 (it was official home/road after a season as an alternate), and maybe the current navy (not sure if he wore this one).

In all sports, Cal Ripken wore quite a few, and Drew Bledsoe (and Troy Brown) wore 4 different Patriots uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

if you're thinking of the Wild Wings, those were thirds. And goin with Cole's guidelines, the Ducks jerseys with no shoulder logo are lumped together with the later versions that had the masked duck circle logo, as other than that they were the same style.

heh, Trevor Linden might tie Modano, he wore the V-shoulder Nucks jerseys in his first year, then the V-less skate jersey and the C-whale jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I always figured Carlos Delgado with the Jays would be up there...

93-96 home

93-96 road

94-96 alt

96 canada day

97-00 home

97-00 road

97-00 alt

97 canada day

98 canada day

99 canada day

00 canada day

00 throwbacks ('77 road)

00 saturday home alt

01-02 home

01-02 road

01-02 alt

01-02 saturday home alt

01 canada day

02 canada day

01 throwbacks ('77 home)

01 negro leagues tribute (road)

02 negro leagues tribute (home)

03 home

03 road

03 alt

03 saturday home alt

04 home

04 road

04 alt

/ winnARZ... although Craig Biggio probably is the ultimate winner of this one

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Drew Bledsoe (and Troy Brown) wore 4 different Patriots uniforms.

The king of all quarterbacks, Drew Bledsoe, wore 5 Patriot uniforms.

I think I'm missing one.

93 (first year of Flying Elvis)

94ish (update without logo on shoulders, though this is against Coles "rules")

99ish (updated to current)

## (throwback red ones)

What's #5?

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

heh, if you're not counting them 94 throwbacks, then it's just 4 sets.

93 blue w/red #s; white w/red #s, patriot on sleeves, patriot-tail pants

94: blue w/white #s, Redskin-style pants, not to mention they switched to sewn on numbers

95-99: double Patriot jerseys w/soccer-style stripes, italic shadowed #s

and of course we all know what the current duds look like

the one I'm not counting was the 60s throwback they wore in 94 (Bledsoe was in Buffalo by the time the 85 throwbacks were worn in Detroit)...they never wore the home red version that year, only the all-white road set. the pants were white with thin blue-red-blue stripes, and the jerseys had blue-red-blue shoulder stripes with red numbers (same font as their regular jerseys). As they only wore that 2 or 3 times, I don't count it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

94: blue w/white #s, Redskin-style pants, not to mention they switched to sewn on numbers

the one I'm not counting was the 60s throwback they wore in 94 (Bledsoe was in Buffalo by the time the 85 throwbacks were worn in Detroit)...they never wore the home red version that year, only the all-white road set. the pants were white with thin blue-red-blue stripes, and the jerseys had blue-red-blue shoulder stripes with red numbers (same font as their regular jerseys). As they only wore that 2 or 3 times, I don't count it.

Perfect explanation right there.

Sorry for any confusion, I'm fully aware of the Patriots mishaps.. some people might call them jerseys but the first few versions of the royal blue were absolutely hidious. I was including the mid 60's 75th anniversary uniform.

When Ken Griffey Jr. was with the Mariners, that dude wore a lot of uniforms. (including alts):

88-92 Unis, home and away

93-00 Unis, home and away

Teal alt

Dark blue alt (home)

Dark blue alt (away)

Mid 80s throw back

Early 80s throw back

Rainiers throw back

Pilots throw back

Turn ahead the clock unis (I think that there were 2 of these, not sure)

Was he around for the vests? Which brings up his former teammate ARod, who with vests and other alts may have worn more.

some people might call them jerseys but the first few versions of the royal blue were absolutely hidious.

Hey now! :P The 1994 royal blue jersey (with white numbers outlined in red) is one of the best looking jerseys ever, IMO.

Tim Salmon wore a ton of different uniforms with the Angels. The team had three different names over the course of his career.

Carlos Delgado probably wins because of the Canada Day uniforms in Toronto (if we're counting those).

BTW: In hockey, Martin Biron is the only Sabre to have worn every jersey in the franchise's history -- the original home and road, all three red and black, the new home and road, and the current throwback with the front number. That's 8 including the modified throwback this year.

heh, when I think of a set, it's home uni + away uni + any alternates, with the home and away being essential to the set. changing alternates, one-off jerseys, BPs and such don't really count as far as new sets go, just the home and away. goin on my boy Junior:

sets Griffey wore

88-92 Unis, home and away

-no alts

93-00 Unis, home and away

-Teal alt w/teal cap

-Dark blue alt (Mariners version)

-Dark blue alt (Seattle version)

-sleeveless Mariners w/silver-billed compass cap

-sleeveless Seattle

one-shot deals, these don't count:

Mid 80s throw back

Early 80s throw back

Rainiers throw back

Pilots throw back (hold up...I know the Brewers have worn Pilots jerseys a few times, and I know the M's did last season, but I didn't think they did while Junior was there)

both Turn ahead the clock unis

and regarding Tim Salmon:

92: the Angels set that (including the change from pullover to button down) dated from the Nolan Ryan era, with the A-halo the current logo is based on, only real difference between home and away is one's white, other's gray

93-96: set based on 60s Angels uniforms...home cap has CA and red bill, road cap is same except with navy bill...homes had red lettering, away had navy lettering, ANGELS on front, CA on sleeve

-navy alt with CA on front and ANGELS on sleeve

97-2001: the infamous Disney set...main cap is all navy with winged A...faux vests with navy sleeves, winged Angels, navy pinstripes, navy front #, halo A-Anaheim sleeve logo, red back #s, navy player name

-97 alt: powder blue-billed cap...navy faux vest with powder blue sleeves. winged A on front, white player name, red back #, navy sleeve #, Anaheim halo-A on other sleeve

-all navy alt, white sleeve #, otherwise same as 97 alt

-navy alt with Angels on front (I forget whether that one had a sleeve or front #), powder blue piping

2002-now: the current stuff...red cap worn for all games, with red A...home whites read ANGELS, road grays originally read ANAHEIM but is changed to ANGELS after name change...both jerseys use red sleeve piping, and red #s trimmed in navy

-02-now: white vest with red sleeves, red piping around armholes, same lettering as home jersey

-starting 2007: red jersey, ANGELS in red with navy and white outline, presumably white #s trimmed in navy (cus I remember when they tried red #s on their BPs back in 02...Ill. egi. ble.)

not counting:

1999 TATC jerseys (navy, red)

and then Delgado...

classic Jays jersey (96 and beforehand)-blue cap, BLUE JAYS on homes, TORONTO on roads, blue jay logo on lower front left, blue numbers with white split on both jerseys

-alt blue version of home BLUE JAYS jersey, lettering color reversed

Clemens-era Jays (97-2000)-updated blue jay now on maple leaf...main cap is all blue, alt cap has red bill. homes read BLUE JAYS and use blue lettering with light blue split, roads read TORONTO and use blue lettering with red split and white outline. leaf-jay on left sleeve

-blue alt with TORONTO on front...red lettering with blue split and white outline

-Sunday home vest, BLUE JAYS on front with leaf-jay on front left in the same fashion as the old Jays jerseys. blue undershirt, used light blue lettering with royal blue split

Faux Vested (2001-02) road jersey changed to faux vest, both jerseys replaced the three-color striping of the previous set with blue piping on the placket, pants, and on the homes, sleeves. lettering and logo placement remained the same on the home and away.

-blue TORONTO alt: same as before, except with red piping

-home vest: new alternate logo, which comes to be known as the T-Jay. T-jay appears on new blue caps and front of altered vest jerseys under BLUE JAYS. vest lettering changes to that of home jersey, blue with light blue split

T-Jay Transient (03)-leaf-jay and 97-02 home cap are dropped, T-jay replaces it on road cap and home/away/blue sleeves.

-white vest replaces front T-jay with number, moves the logo to left sleeve.

Toronto Black Jayz (04)-Jays on homes, Toronto on roads, graphite home cap, black road cap

-black alt, Jays on front

heh, time for lunch yall, I'm hungry :P before that, though, those that don't count

all them Canada Day jerseys, as they were one-off deals

I think they wore pullover throwbacks while he was there, though they used the wrong number font

and no, the Blue Jays didn't have a TATC jersey, they didn't wear one.

so the count for these beisbolistas:

Griffey: 2

Salmon: 4

Delgado: I'm wondering whether I should lump 2003 in with 01-02...so it's either 4 or 5. Heh, depending on criteria it'd be as low as 3.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived