Revisiting the Blue Jays UPDATED! 11/17/07

GFB

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great googily-moogily. I don't want to fawn over these too much, but these are spectacular.

I do agree with steiny that a little bit of red - and I stress little - would go a long way on these. But not much is needed - my favorite Jays look is still their original, which used red sparsely.

Love the alternate hat. Like the home hat, and I could see it working. The blue-gray roads are brilliant. It's not so much that you've added a 3rd blue to the look; the eye sees gray but can also see a nod to the powder-blue roadies of the '70s. It's subtle enough to work.

Bravo!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think these are completely fabulous. I love the primary logo, and the wordmarks are really awesome. I have always been a big fan of the navy blue/ sky blue contrast and this reinforces that. I do think that the blue-tinted gray looks great on the away jersey, and you don't really notice that there are three shades of blue unless you totally scrutinize it. The only thing that I don't love is the font on the tertiary logo - it looks kinda weird to me, in my opinion.

This is one of the best concepts I have seen in a while. Keep up the great work. A++

• 4 months later...

I like the jersey designs

Do not like the logo, evenmoreso HATE the maple leaf - reminds me too much of the horrid other logos that tried to play on that blue jay + maple leaf that failed

overall, B+

i think you could get some more red in there by using it in a pants and/or jersey stripe with light blue, red and dark blue.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 4 months later...

Well done. I was recently talking with my brother about the Jays doing light blue. It reminds me of UNC baseball, and that's a good thing. I'm kind of sick of seeing all black, navy, royal, and red hats (A's excluded). I wanna see a Major League team with orange hats, and these light blues help on that front. I love the slightly blue tinted roadies and the alt. hat, too.

A couple finer points though:

1. The outer lt. blue stroke on the logos is a bit thick.

2. The TBJ mark needs to be cleaned up a little.

3. Like others have said, how about a little red in the unis. Not much at all, just maybe (if sound for the design) put a little red in the wordmark or trim.

4. The wordmarks probably don't need an outline since they have an inline already.

Most of all, I think everyone here understands it's the Blue Jays, not Black Jays. I can see you get it.

i have no idea what colour you used, but those road unis are damn sexy. it reminds of an older jays for some reason.

Diggin up old threads. I'll save you the trouble of getting reamed out. If it's more than about 5 pages back it's probably too old. Look at them, enjoy them, but don't bother commenting, chances are the poster has moved on anyways.

i have no idea what colour you used, but those road unis are damn sexy. it reminds of an older jays for some reason.

Diggin up old threads. I'll save you the trouble of getting reamed out. If it's more than about 5 pages back it's probably too old. Look at them, enjoy them, but don't bother commenting, chances are the poster has moved on anyways.

yeah, i've been told that before and i find it odd.

but i am fine with people taking offense to my bringing up 'old' threads as i am keeping my conduct within the rules of the board as far as i can tell.

ream away.

yeah, i've been told that before and i find it odd.

but i am fine with people taking offense to my bringing up 'old' threads as i am keeping my conduct within the rules of the board as far as i can tell.

ream away.

It's just a case of keep things relevent. People who have posted concepts more recently are looking for C&C. Concepts that have been pushed 12 pages back are there for a reason, the poster and responders have said all that needs to be said about them. You are technically within the "rules", but it's a courtesy thing.

Delayed_Penalty; CCSLC Referee? ^_^

I love this logo set , amazing job as always ...

Just a couple of small things i would like to see that i think would make these that much better ...

The primary logo is great and i love the new/old blue jay look to it , Though if possible i think it would look great to have the small maple leaf and baseball outline at the bottom on the logo . I think it would pay hommage to there original logo and truly show that they are Canadas team ...

I am not sold on the powder blue Hat or away uniform , I still think grey is the norm for MLB and it would have to stay i think ...

The Alternate hat and jeresy set is PHENOMINAL , i would buy both in a heart beat ...

I love this logo set , amazing job as always ...

Just a couple of small things i would like to see that i think would make these that much better ...

The primary logo is great and i love the new/old blue jay look to it , Though if possible i think it would look great to have the small maple leaf and baseball outline at the bottom on the logo . I think it would pay hommage to there original logo and truly show that they are Canadas team ...

I am not sold on the powder blue Hat or away uniform , I still think grey is the norm for MLB and it would have to stay i think ...

The Alternate hat and jeresy set is PHENOMINAL , i would buy both in a heart beat ...

....comes version 2.0! I was asked to try a Blue Jays concept with these colors: Navy Blue, Light Blue, and Crimson. So I gave it a shot and here it is!

Some new things:

-Two new wordmarks to go across the front of the jerseys

-A new shoulder logo to the concept as well, featuring a Maple Leaf with baseball stitching

-A new BP jersey

Some experiments:

-An all-Light Blue Hat with the home jersey (I am eager to see the reaction to this!)

-The use of a Dallas Cowboy Pants grey/silver color on the away jersey. (Three shades of blue on this jersey MAY be too much)

-The use of the crown on the alt. cap....

C&C would be delightful, enjoy!

Logos:

toronto-blue-jays-concept-l.png

Jerseys:

toronto-blue-jays-concept-j.png

GFB

Very very nice. This would have been a great update.

Only two things bug me:

1. Patch on the right sleeves (should be left)

2. RBK Edge-like stripping on the light blue alt.

Otherwise, marvelous.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

....comes version 2.0! I was asked to try a Blue Jays concept with these colors: Navy Blue, Light Blue, and Crimson. So I gave it a shot and here it is!

Some new things:

-Two new wordmarks to go across the front of the jerseys

-A new shoulder logo to the concept as well, featuring a Maple Leaf with baseball stitching

-A new BP jersey

Some experiments:

-An all-Light Blue Hat with the home jersey (I am eager to see the reaction to this!)

-The use of a Dallas Cowboy Pants grey/silver color on the away jersey. (Three shades of blue on this jersey MAY be too much)

-The use of the crown on the alt. cap....

C&C would be delightful, enjoy!

Logos:

toronto-blue-jays-concept-l.png

Jerseys:

toronto-blue-jays-concept-j.png

GFB

OMG!!! this is sensational!! First let me say that I admire your ability to avoid using black as the primary colour. I preffer just the Jay's head on its own and the maple leave/baseball logo is great except I wouldnt go with the "TBJ" thing under it..maybe just the rest of the baseball with now letters or words, after all it's canadas only MLB team so it would suite it well with now print. Personally I think there should be a rule banning grey jerseys in MLB but thats just me..I love the darker blue one though and the light is very "throw back" and makes a great third. Well done

It looks good, but the real question: would CC97 approve?

Or the Montreal Expos (it just reminds me of their jerseys)? Or the NCAA teams like Villanova that have that kind of wordmark?

I'm just kidding, it's a great concept. That's the most true if compared to the current set, especially the black alternates. My only concern is the red in the patch, which looks out of place in uniforms 1 and 2. Also the seams on the leaf look a little forced. But as far as rebranding goes, this one is a winner.

Archived