New Premier League Logo?

Rampart

I'm going to see the West Ham match at Ashburton Grove next weekend, so if the new printing is available I'll pick up a shirt....

You're going on the PSG trip?

BTW, Anyone else saw Setanta took 2 of the 6 slots in the new bidding process for TV rights in the UK?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to see the West Ham match at Ashburton Grove next weekend, so if the new printing is available I'll pick up a shirt....

You're going on the PSG trip?

BTW, Anyone else saw Setanta took 2 of the 6 slots in the new bidding process for TV rights in the UK?

First of all i very much doubt the new printing will be available next week, they will probably save it for the last weekend of the season like many teams do with previewing the new kits.

Setanta took the games i believe they have 46 games next season and have already said that 40 of them will feature the top 4 teams, this will alienate a lot of fans as they will be unwilling to pay an extra £10 per month on top of sky to watch the top 4.

Also setanta have also took the England qualifying games for the next world cup along with ITV which is an absolute joke,

logo.png

The Setanta/ITV deal does not kick in until 2008/2009 season. Setanta and Fox Soccer Channel already have a deal in place that either network will have two of the top four each week. I think Setanta will get first dibs though. The biggest disappointment is that Setanta and ITV will have greater control over the FA Cup which means those will all go to pay per view. Seeing as I'm in a town where matches would start as early as 7 AM and no true sports bar, I'd have to shell out $30 a match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

First of all i very much doubt the new printing will be available next week, they will probably save it for the last weekend of the season like many teams do with previewing the new kits.

We'll see. The sleeve patches won't be available until June, but the club did say that as soon as the shirts become available again, they will be printed with the new numbers. The implication is that such a time will come soon, or they wouldn't have bothered to mention the patch delay.

Nike's manufacturing glitch might be to our benefit. I'll let you know a week from tomorrow. :D

I'm honestly amazed the numbers haven't leaked yet. Not even a sniff of them.

Probably because no one is interested in seeing them... New kits are leaked because people want to see their team's new look before anyone else, but I live in England, and I can honestly say that 100% of people I speak to about football wouldn't even know the numbers are changing.

I am interested of course, or else I wouldn't be here.

Far be it for me to step on Mr. Cranston's toes, but the email from Arsenal sure indicates that the numbers have been finalized and will be available soon.

Keep in mind that it is customary for many clubs to wear their next season's uniform for the last match of the season. That gives you an idea of when these things are finalized.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, seems like a downgrade to me. Mind you, I haven't seen the full number set, but the 1 is weak and out of balance due to the bottom of the number, and the 2 looks to be out of proportion--it's a bit too wide.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think it's a big improvement. Finally, no more vertically stretched Optima. It's a much more efficient use of the space.

NOW, if the teams with stripes would do something about ensuring that the numbers are legible on the backs of their kits.

Archived