New Premier League Logo?

Rampart

I think it's a big improvement. Finally, no more vertically stretched Optima. It's a much more efficient use of the space.

NOW, if the teams with stripes would do something about ensuring that the numbers are legible on the backs of their kits.

I think FIFA said that after this season all teams must remove stripes from the back of the shirt so that the numbers are legible. Southampton raised a stink about it 2 years back if I remember right.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes UEFA has made all teams in European competitions wear single coloured backs to make numbers legible, but domestic leagues still make their own rules.

Teams in the EPL apart from Newcastle complied this season, and Newcastle seem to be on the wagon for next year so there might be hope yet.

What are Blackburn doing? (Cole if you're out there??)

liverpool-1.png

Far be it for me to step on Mr. Cranston's toes, but the email from Arsenal sure indicates that the numbers have been finalized and will be available soon.

Keep in mind that it is customary for many clubs to wear their next season's uniform for the last match of the season. That gives you an idea of when these things are finalized.

These new numbers look a lot like the Umbro numbers from (I believe) England's 2002 kit. I am going to miss the Premier League font; they have gotten so ubiquitous that some youth leagues in the United States had begun to use them.

Thing is, the font in use by MLS, Scotland, and France seems to be spreading (look, for example at the serif on the upper-case U).

Yes UEFA has made all teams in European competitions wear single coloured backs to make numbers legible, but domestic leagues still make their own rules.

I don't know whether this is a television thing or an officiating thing, but field hockey worldwide has required solid shirts for years. I guess we're not going to see anything like Jorge Campos' jersey ever again.

And good riddance to bad rubbish.

• 3 weeks later...

i agree with you there, i think the letters are too small in proportion to the numbers

True, but they still gotta get names likes "Hasselbaink," "Shevchenko," "Wright-Phillips" and "Bouhlarouz" on there.

Here's hoping Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink doesn't transfer over from Celtic.

• 1 month later...

Archived