New Premier League Logo?

Rampart

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if they use this configuration then it'll look great on the sleeves:

hp_pl_logo.jpg

Looks good. I think they should have added 'English' into it but overall its great.

"English Premier League" is what it's called outside of England, to distinguish it from other "Premier Leagues" in Scotland, Russia and other countries. Their own name for themselves is The FA Premier League, although it looks like they might be dropping the "FA."

bigger logo here...

pl_logo_news.jpg

personally i like the old logo. why mess with tradition? nba and mlb use 2d sillouettes as their logos, it just looks classic in my opinion.

any word on when the new name/number fonts will be revealed?

im also hoping they go with a more traditional ball next year. i do not like the Nike ball design they have been using for the past 2 years, this year being yellow with purple stripes. the white and red ball in the logo looks good, i hope they go with something retro like this.

im also hoping they go with a more traditional ball next year. i do not like the Nike ball design they have been using for the past 2 years, this year being yellow with purple stripes. the white and red ball in the logo looks good, i hope they go with something retro like this.

The yellow ball is only used during the winter months, think it is something like november to march. We will then be using the red and white ball again,

logo.png

What's the difference between the Premier League and Barclay's Premiership?

None. Barclay's is the league's main sponsor.

I'll take a guess and say that whoever did that logo did the new Tottenham Spurs one too.

Sorry for being picky, but the name of the club is Tottenham Hotspur. Spurs is the short form, but "Tottenham Spurs" is NEVER used.

B)

spuradd55td9.jpg

Ah, yes. Tottensham Hotsperm - heh. Did I mention I was an Arsenal supporter?

Even easier, let Lawrence the Gooner loose on them. (WSD listeners will understand :))

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Just call 'em the SPURTS. When was the last time they hoisted any silverware? :D

Well, they are the current holders of the Peace Cup... Something not quite as prestigious as Newcastle's Intertoto Cup win, though. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Drat... now all those EPL sigs I made a couple months ago (link below) are obsolete. Oh well... I'm planning on doing a new series after this season anyway, once the promotions and relegations are known.

CCSLC signature.png

Even easier, let Lawrence the Gooner loose on them. (WSD listeners will understand :))

Nah, I don't think we have enough time for that. (bow)

Drat... now all those EPL sigs I made a couple months ago (link below) are obsolete. Oh well... I'm planning on doing a new series after this season anyway, once the promotions and relegations are known.

Not obsolete.

Retro. :D

bigger logo here...

pl_logo_news.jpg

personally i like the old logo. why mess with tradition? nba and mlb use 2d sillouettes as their logos, it just looks classic in my opinion.

Yep, that's the one I expect to see on the sleeve patches.

It's not like we're talking about "messing" with a whole lot of tradition here. Fifteen years out of 120.

I didn't mind the old one, but this one is more dynamic to me. I think it's an upgrade.

any word on when the new name/number fonts will be revealed?

I don't think you'll see that happen. If they ever ditch the Nike ball, it will be for something like the funky Adidas ball from the World Cup.

Personally, I hate using the 1970s soccer ball in logos, especially for teams and organizations that never played a game with that ball.

If they wanted to use a retro or timeless ball, they could have used the real classic:

1005.gif

• 1 month later...

I related EPL rebranding news, a poster on BigSoccer.com reprinted an email he got from the club, that has some interesting news.

A little background - There have been some quality control issues with the sponsor logo on Arsenal's new shirt - details here. The club has been out front on the issue, offering to replace shirts. Recently, they send out directions for returning the shirts that also included a tidbit you might find interesting.

The full email may be found here, but I'm quoting the relevant section:

The Premier League has changed the printing style for the start of 07/08 season and we are pleased to inform you that your new Arsenal shirt will be the first to feature this printing.

The Premier League is also changing the competition patch. Unfortunately this will not be available until June 2007 and we will therefore be unable to provide a replacement patch at this time.

So we should see the new numbers shortly, although the new patches won't arrive until June....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that they will place Barclays at the top of the logo to the right of the lion's head, but I like this logo as is. Maybe they will place Barclay's Premiership ont he numbers instead? I'm sure that whatever Premiership sides make the FA Cup Final may be rolling out the new numbers. It makes the most sense. Either that or all Premiership teams will wear them the last game of the season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived