A couple simple questions:

max

Because I am as interested in sports logo art as anyone here, I would like to know a few things...

What kind of programs should I buy (for my Mac) to learn how to draw logos on the computer? I can draw freehand, but I'm not sure how to transfer the image to a free website, if that would work on my Mac, or if I should just find an easier way. I think I'll just have to learn a computer drawing program.

Second Question:

What did everyone major in at college? I currently go to college in Santa Fe, New Mexico and major in creative writing. I'm sure we all have the creative spurt in our genes, so I don't understand the totally hindered creative process of this message board.

KICK ASS SANTA FE SPIN!

Because I am as interested in sports logo art as anyone here, I would like to know a few things...

What kind of programs should I buy (for my Mac) to learn how to draw logos on the computer? I can draw freehand, but I'm not sure how to transfer the image to a free website, if that would work on my Mac, or if I should just find an easier way. I think I'll just have to learn a computer drawing program.

Let me stop you right there.

If your questions are that simple, have you ever considered that they might also be "Frequently Asked"? (Hint #1: Are you aware this board has a search feature?

Second Question:

What did everyone major in at college? I currently go to college in Santa Fe, New Mexico and major in creative writing. I'm sure we all have the creative spurt in our genes, so I don't understand the totally hindered creative process of this message board.

I currently attend university at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, working towards my Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree with majors in Marketing and Finance. But that's besides the point! This is not sports logos related. This is the Sports Logos message board, and I don't believe I am 'totally hindering the creative process' by saying that this, at least, should be reserved for the appropriate forum. (Hint #2: Are you aware this board has a search feature? It can be quite useful for discovering whether this information exists anywhere within the message boards' many forums.)

The moderators and organized structure of this community are established with the intention of providing an organized space in which creativity can be expressed.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The moderators and organized structure of this community are established with the intention of providing an organized space in which creativity can be expressed.

Philistine... <_<

:P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You apologized for the question (which wasn't a bad question, just something that would have been answered in you read the FAQ).

But didn't apologize for this literary masterpiece...

Here it is

Someone has to change the ugly PANTONE colors on this board. How about switching up the FONTS, what the hell?

The setup is weird.

I don't know

C&C

(honestly, i still have no idea what this means )

KICK ASS SANTA FE SPIN!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Only if you apologize for your emoticon.

Literary? You'll want to read my creative nonfiction pieces for litarary mastery.

What's litarary? Another example of creative nonfiction?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As far as programs go, Illustrator, Freehand, and Corel Draw I presume would be the best. I use Illustrator. As far as a free place for your logos, I use photobucket. Um school I go to? Westwood College in Anaheim (right across the street from the Honda Center (formerly known as the Arrowhead Pond) and the Big A. I'm about a year into the Visual Communications program (a fancy title for graphic design) and should be done about December 2008. I hear resizing images on an etch-a-sketch is a pain in the arse! *lol*

-adobe illustrator

-a scanner (to scan in your sketches/thumbnails)

-pick up the Font and Lettering Bible by Leslie Cabarga

-Tyler School of Art BFA in Graphic Design

Tyler School of Art? Of the Commonwealth System of Higher Education?

My Alma Mater as well. I drew many a naked lady on the third floor of Penrose Hall, memories.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived