The Best NHL Re-alignment Plan Ever!

Roger Clemente

And as for your re-alignment plan, I do not foresee that happening. (I mean the Las Vegas Canadiens? The Tokyo Canucks? The Rangers moving to Puerto Rico? No More Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, or Ottawa Senators? No more NHL in Canada, period? I mean, that realignment plan of yours is gonna destroy the balance of the hockey universe!)

Ugh! You're giving me a headache. :bonk:

I think he's giving everyone a headache...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as for your re-alignment plan, I do not foresee that happening. (I mean the Las Vegas Canadiens? The Tokyo Canucks? The Rangers moving to Puerto Rico? No More Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, or Ottawa Senators? No more NHL in Canada, period? I mean, that realignment plan of yours is gonna destroy the balance of the hockey universe!)

Thought For The Day: Attempting incredulous sarcasm only works when the readers are fully confident that the poster is so smart that he/she couldn't possibly mean what he's saying and is imparting a false seriousness to heighten the joke. People like Lee and Roger have demonstrated sufficient intelligence and wit that it's fairly clear their posts are sarcastic and in response to the overabundance of tired NHL realignment threads that clutter this place like old newspapers.

Your attempts are coming up a mile short because no one actually believes you're smart enough clearly to NOT be kidding, and now that you've gone back to the same well a second and third time, your persistent attempts to prove you're being sarcastic become more and more disingenuous, and only strengthen everyone's previously-held convictions. Please quit while you're ahead, or at least only a little behind.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Your attempts are coming up a mile short because no one actually believes you're smart enough clearly to NOT be kidding, and now that you've gone back to the same well a second and third time, your persistent attempts to prove you're being sarcastic become more and more disingenuous, and only strengthen everyone's previously-held convictions. Please quit while you're ahead, or at least only a little behind.

If I was you, I'd purposefully misspell smart as samrt. He seems to deserve it.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Ugh! You're giving me a headache. :bonk:

I think he's giving everyone a headache...

I think I'm getting myself a headache as well!

YOZXkBG.png?1

It's spelt, SMRT, college boy.

:(

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It's spelt, SMRT, college boy.

I don't know when you changed your Avatar and member title but I love it. :D

I am really disappointed that no one has placed teams in Sable Island Canada, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and Hartford...South Dakota.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived