The Best NHL Re-alignment Plan Ever!

Roger Clemente

Its all good except maybe change the names of the conferences. And putting the Flyers and Pens in different divisions aint so good an idea either.

Philadelphia / Pittsburgh is not a rivalry in Philadelphia.

Because Philadelphia fans think their teams are better and whatnot and were just another oppenent, blah, blah, blah...

I guess you cant have a rivalry if only one team has been winning.

We are rivals and there has been bad blood between these teams for years. They play like rivals. They play as often as rivals. They are rivals.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my realignment proposal, especially for Leafs fans.

The Eagleson

Toronto

Montreal

Chicago

Boston

New York Rangers

Detroit

The Bettman

Everybody Else.

Top 5 teams from the Eagleson get into the playoffs, along with the 11 best teams from the Bettman. If Toronto is not in the top 6, then the top 10 teams from the Bettman are in, with Toronto making it into the playoffs as a crossover team.

Should there be the need for a tiebreaker to determine playoff seeding, preference will be given to teams ending in ?onto.?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

In case you don't know where Mare Tranquillitatis is, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Tranquillitatis

You do know that this has all been a joke?

And with that note I propose my Realignment

The Sidney Crosby Conference

Division 1

New Jersey Devils

Santa Fe Tacos (Move the Maple Leafs)

Las Vegas Canadiens(Move the Montreal Candiens)

Carolina Hurricanes

Boston Bruins

Division 2

Colorado Avalanche

St.Louis Blues

Buffalo Sabres

Mexico City Banditos (Move the Flames)

Florida Panthers

Division 3

Pittsburgh Penguins

San Jose Sharks

Washington Capitals

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Conference RBK

Division 1

San Juan Rangers (Move the NY Rangers)

NY Islanders

Seattle Oilers (Move Edmonton)

Nashville Predators

Hot-Lanta Thrashers (RBK wanted a catchier name)

Division 2

Columbus Blue Jackets

Philadelphia Flyers

LA Kingz (slight name change)

Chicago Blackhawks

Phoenix Coyotes

Division 3

Anaheim Ducks

Tokyo Canucks (Move Vancouver)

Kansas Jets (Move the Senators)

Tampa Bay Lightning

Detroit Red Wings

I mean, seriously, placing an NHL expansion team on Earth's moon is like moving the New Orleans Saints to Afghanistan.

Wow...

I have some sweet oceanfront property in Tennessee. Are you interested in buying?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I mean, seriously, placing an NHL expansion team on Earth's moon is like moving the New Orleans Saints to Afghanistan.

Amazing....you're too stupid to even know what a joke is when you see one. <_<

(Cue Fred T. Jane's avatar)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You're kidding, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Its all good except maybe change the names of the conferences. And putting the Flyers and Pens in different divisions aint so good an idea either.

Because Philadelphia fans think their teams are better and whatnot and were just another oppenent, blah, blah, blah...

We are rivals and there has been bad blood between these teams for years. They play like rivals. They play as often as rivals. They are rivals.

Wow, way to put words into someone's mouth.

They are not rivals. Philadelphia's rivals are NJ and NY teams, because those cities are closer in proximity, and closer in terms of size and "lifestyle" (a horrible word, I know, but I couldn't think of anything else.)

Your Pittsburgh inferiority complex is beaming in your post. I never degraded Pittsburgh, but the fact is that in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh is just another city that might as well be in another state. Not a crappy city, just not one that people think about.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They are not rivals. Philadelphia's rivals are NJ and NY teams, because those cities are closer in proximity, and closer in terms of size and "lifestyle" (a horrible word, I know, but I couldn't think of anything else.)

Your Pittsburgh inferiority complex is beaming in your post. I never degraded Pittsburgh, but the fact is that in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh is just another city that might as well be in another state. Not a crappy city, just not one that people think about.

Ok ok. True. But just because the fans aren't rivals doesn't mean the teams aren't. ;) And to tell the truth, Buffalo, Washington, And NYI are proably bigger rivals to us sice weve faced all them in the playoffs many times. But we treat Philly like rivals here, maybe were just jealous {of the city, not the teams}. Speaking of, I never accused you of calling Pittsburgh inferior. Though I definitely cant say the same of other Philly fans.

oBIgzrL.png

Ok ok. True. But just because the fans aren't rivals doesn't mean the teams aren't. ;)

Also, I never accused you of calling Pittsburgh inferior. Though I definitely cant say the same of other Philly fans.

Well every city is inferior to some other city in some ways. The whole "I'm better than you because I'm from X" game is pretty dumb, and unfortunately gets played pretty often around here.

From my time in Pittsburgh, I know that out there, they gear up for any opportunity to take on Philadelphia, and I honestly think it has a lot to do with hatred for the "big city that runs the state." (quote paraphrased from another thread.) Very similar to the points made in the other thread about how the rest of Canada hates Toronto. It's pretty dumb.

The teams are only rivals because they are in the same division, I honestly don't think that players give it a little extra just because one side is representing the other team in the state (honestly, do you think that the Russians, Czechs, Sweeds, etc. really give a F?)

Hey - we hate the Cowboys and consider them a rivalry. I doubt anyone in Dallas gives a rats ass about Phila.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ruri concurs. Note the Loser sign language also... :D

ruri.jpg

Baka baka!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Ruri concurs. Note the Loser sign language also... :D

ruri.jpg

Baka baka!

Nice. :D

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ok ok. True. But just because the fans aren't rivals doesn't mean the teams aren't. ;)

Also, I never accused you of calling Pittsburgh inferior. Though I definitely cant say the same of other Philly fans.

Well every city is inferior to some other city in some ways. The whole "I'm better than you because I'm from X" game is pretty dumb, and unfortunately gets played pretty often around here.

From my time in Pittsburgh, I know that out there, they gear up for any opportunity to take on Philadelphia, and I honestly think it has a lot to do with hatred for the "big city that runs the state." (quote paraphrased from another thread.) Very similar to the points made in the other thread about how the rest of Canada hates Toronto. It's pretty dumb.

The teams are only rivals because they are in the same division, I honestly don't think that players give it a little extra just because one side is representing the other team in the state (honestly, do you think that the Russians, Czechs, Sweeds, etc. really give a F?)

Hey - we hate the Cowboys and consider them a rivalry. I doubt anyone in Dallas gives a rats ass about Phila.

The whole player rivalry because theyre in the same division thing is what i meant. And youre right, the main reason we hate philly around here is because of the whole "big city that runs the state".

oBIgzrL.png

Your forgetting one team the Hartford Crunk Wolverines HC of Quebec.

exactly get Krunk!

Reebok Hartford Crunk Wolverines HC of Quebec City United are the team to beat!

Shut up. Both of you.

You too. Shut the :censored: up.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Howe Conf

Crosby div

Antarctica Chill(formerly pit)

Pacific Ocean Wave (formerly NJ)

Bermuda Triangle Vanishers (formerly NYR)

Venezeula Oil Kings (formerly Phi)

Baghdad Warriors (Formerly NYI)

Ovechkin div

The Moon Darkness (formerly Mtl)

Io Volcano (formerly Bos)

Titan Titans (formerly Buf)

Olympus Mons Sandstorm (formerly TO)

Europa Frostbite (Formerly ott)

Fitzpatrick div

Jupiter Giants (formerly WAS)

Saturn Rings (Formerly TB)

Mercury Heat (Formerly FLA)

Venus Flytraps (formerly CAR)

Neptune Ice Devils (Formerly Atl)

Gretzky (Conf)

Brodeur div

Toyota HC (formerly Dal)

Honda HC (formerly LA)

Wal-Mart HC (Formerly ANH)

Target HC (formerly SJ)

Nissan HC (formerly PHX)

Roy Div

Wells Fargo HC (formerly COL)

Dr. Pepper HC (formerly VAN)

Volkswagon HC (formerly EDM)

ebay.com HC (formerly CAL)

Microsoft HC (Formerly MIN)

Weekes Div

ExxonMobil HC (Formerly DET)

AolTimeWarner HC (formerly CHI)

Newscorp HC (formerly STL)

Haliburton HC (Formerly Cbs)

Frito-Lay HC (formerly NAS)

this is my vision of the NHL. To appeal to the traditionalists, bettman who by now is a head in a jar decides to renamed the conf/divisions after hockey greats. Howe/Gretzky for the conf. and Crosby, Ove, Fitzpatrick, Roy, Brodeur and Weekes for the divisions. Crosby and Ove i chose because by this time they will be regarded in the same way gretzky is. Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur for obvious reasons. Rory Fitzpatrick because he is greatness. Kevin Weekes and Mario Lemieux was heatly debated but bowing to political pressure of not having a minorty represented on the divisions, Head in the Jar Bettman snubs mario and goes with Kevin Weekes. BY this time half of the nhl will have relocated to other planets and moons and odd ball places around the world to tap in to potential markets. The other half don't move but due to political correctness and everyteam name offending somebody, and due to the fact that all were nearly bankrupt, they sold off there team names, logos and colors to corporations ie Newscorp and Micro$oft. I didn't use Ford or GM because by this time ford and gm will be extinct.

from what i have gathered,the eagles is about as hated as the skins if not more. Though really its a hairlines difference between Was/Philly/NYG.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You're kidding, right?

I'm not kidding!

Wow...

I have some sweet oceanfront property in Tennessee. Are you interested in buying?

You're kidding, right?

You do know that this has all been a joke?

And with that note I propose my Realignment

The Sidney Crosby Conference

Division 1

New Jersey Devils

Santa Fe Tacos (Move the Maple Leafs)

Las Vegas Canadiens(Move the Montreal Candiens)

Carolina Hurricanes

Boston Bruins

Division 2

Colorado Avalanche

St.Louis Blues

Buffalo Sabres

Mexico City Banditos (Move the Flames)

Florida Panthers

Division 3

Pittsburgh Penguins

San Jose Sharks

Washington Capitals

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Conference RBK

Division 1

San Juan Rangers (Move the NY Rangers)

NY Islanders

Seattle Oilers (Move Edmonton)

Nashville Predators

Hot-Lanta Thrashers (RBK wanted a catchier name)

Division 2

Columbus Blue Jackets

Philadelphia Flyers

LA Kingz (slight name change)

Chicago Blackhawks

Phoenix Coyotes

Division 3

Anaheim Ducks

Tokyo Canucks (Move Vancouver)

Kansas Jets (Move the Senators)

Tampa Bay Lightning

Detroit Red Wings

Yes, I do know that it was all a joke. I just haven't realized it yet!

And as for your re-alignment plan, I do not foresee that happening. (I mean the Las Vegas Canadiens? The Tokyo Canucks? The Rangers moving to Puerto Rico? No More Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, or Ottawa Senators? No more NHL in Canada, period? I mean, that realignment plan of yours is gonna destroy the balance of the hockey universe!)

YOZXkBG.png?1

And as for your re-alignment plan, I do not foresee that happening. (I mean the Las Vegas Canadiens? The Tokyo Canucks? The Rangers moving to Puerto Rico? No More Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, or Ottawa Senators? No more NHL in Canada, period? I mean, that realignment plan of yours is gonna destroy the balance of the hockey universe!)

Ugh! You're giving me a headache. :bonk:

VmWIn6B.png

Archived