Moss in Green and Gold?

clyon81

http://www.jsonline.com/index/index.aspx?id=44

There is a picture posted of Moss in a packer uniform. Personally, Id really like to see this happen. Favre really has not had a WR of this type of caliber since sterling sharpe. Sure, there have been some good WR's for him in the past, Brooks, Freeman, Rison, Driver, Walker, but none of these have ever had the caliber, and the potential for game changing the way Moss does.

If New England is interested, more likely then not, thats probably where he will end up, but the risk of an implosion is worth it to me to take a chance at somebody like this while Favre is still on the roster.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

I'm for this for a number of reasons.

Namely, I no longer buy the mystique of a franchise that only hires "character" guys. Favre was a wildman when he was young. Chewie? Nuff said. Lofton? Mossy Cade? OK Then. Plus, honestly? We have Koren Robinson on our team RIGHT NOW. And he is a bigger turd that Moss when it comes to personal issues by a long shot.

I hate Randy. I predicted his washed-upedness and do take pleasure in his struggles of late.

But IF they pay almost nothing and IF he doesn't break our bank then lets see if he has it in him to play team ball. Sometimes malcontents start to ponder if nothing else their own legacy and do the right thing (if only 10 years too late).

I guess if somehow they could contend in the weak NFC (and don't forget they need to make about 5 other deft F/A moves and have a terrific draft for that to work) then I don't care how it was they got there.

It's just business afterall. Brett Favre doesn't love me. He doesn't know me. Neither does Randy. So bad guy/good guy....meh. Who cares? I thought '96 would last me a lifetime but losing gets old. Bring him on.

EDIT* Thanks for mentioning Sterling. God I miss watching that guy play. Watching him talk? Not so fun. But nobody mentions him up here anymore...he gets lumped together with all of Favre's WRs and that's too bad. He was in a class by himself. I've got this highlight DVD somebody gave me...pieced together off somewhere (YouTube? Old game tapes..I dunno) and he was just .....aaahh...just incredible. Uncoverable. Not fast, but always fast enough. Tricky quick that way. And when he played he was the like second strongest Packer in the benchpress. Close coverage really isn't an issue when you can basically box out or run a guy over. There was this diving catch against the Niners in like 1990......but I digress.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I was just watching "1st and 10" and they speculated that getting Moss might require giving up a first round pick. That's way too high. I'd be pissed if the Pack traded their 1st for Moss. I'd even be a little leery of giving up a 2nd. Not only because he's such a question mark, but he's making so much money. I think a 3rd rounder and a conditional 2008 mid-round pick sounds about right.

I was just watching "1st and 10" and they speculated that getting Moss might require giving up a first round pick. That's way too high. I'd be pissed if the Pack traded their 1st for Moss. I'd even be a little leery of giving up a 2nd. Not only because he's such a question mark, but he's making so much money. I think a 3rd rounder and a conditional 2008 mid-round pick sounds about right.

Profootballtalk.com reported on a rumor that Aaron Rodgers had been offered instead of a 1st Rounder.

I don't think the Packers will trade for Moss -- it would be out of character for Ted Thompson to do something like that. He's inclined to build from within and from the draft.

PS - Sterling is the forgotten man there. He brought it on himself by his treatment of the media (which thus tended to sour the fans on him).

It's where I sit.

I no longer buy the mystique of a franchise that only hires "character" guys. Favre was a wildman when he was young. Chewie? Nuff said. Lofton? Mossy Cade? OK Then. Plus, honestly? We have Koren Robinson on our team RIGHT NOW. And he is a bigger turd that Moss when it comes to personal issues by a long shot.

There's a huge difference between someone a jerk who gives his all on the field and someone who quits in the middle of a game.

Were his "character issues" limited to off-field, I'd be all for it. But he's a selfish, lazy player with a poor work ethic, which I cannot abide.

I no longer buy the mystique of a franchise that only hires "character" guys. Favre was a wildman when he was young. Chewie? Nuff said. Lofton? Mossy Cade? OK Then. Plus, honestly? We have Koren Robinson on our team RIGHT NOW. And he is a bigger turd that Moss when it comes to personal issues by a long shot.

There's a huge difference between someone a jerk who gives his all on the field and someone who quits in the middle of a game.

Were his "character issues" limited to off-field, I'd be all for it. But he's a selfish, lazy player with a poor work ethic, which I cannot abide.

I agree with you in principle. If I were to "defend" Moss in regards to his laziness I'd start by saying he's merely the only player who ever ADMITTED he dogs it. Dogging it can take many forms and especially with WRs. Was TO dogging it with all his drops because his concentration was poor? Tough call.

In any event, Moss is a lot of bad things. As a person and as a player. Green Bay would be expecting a complete attitude adjustment and maybe that is foolish. I think, if they can get him at a bargain (3rd rounder?) and restructure his salary and take him on as a reclamation project then there is real upside. We've got the perfect possession guy already and either some of Drivers/Jennings work ethic rubs off or it doesn't but either way you've got a deep threat people would be wise not to ignore.

My point about character and some of the donkeys the Packers have employed was because I don't want Ted Thompson to use Randy's character as the reason why we didn't make this move. Ahman Green beats his wife (allegedly) and is like our all-time best back....I mean, violence and generally intolerable behavior are rampant in the NFL today. If they don't do this, I want it to be because they either doubt he can still play or couldn't work out a deal that made sense with Oakland.

As for Rodgers. Thats a LITTLE high of a price to pay. But I don't even care. I thought it was a mistake on numerous levels to draft him anyway. He has no future in Green Bay and I'd bet copious amounts of cash on that.

As for Sharpe - Well yeah you hit on it. He offended the wrong people. Make enemies of local media and they'll just pretend you never existed. Which, fine. Bad career move clearly. But in a league where we have Leonard Little and Ray Lewis I find it funny that we run out of praise for a guy just cause dude didn't want to speak to you. Rookie Sterling started slowly and in like week (5?) dropped four key passes at Buffalo. The next day the word "bust" was thrown around liberally on local news and print. I can't blame a guy for thinking "ya know what? Go ahead and think that...and when I'm all-everything we'll see who wants to talk to whom". It was immature and shortsighted but come on...Are you going to let the Bill Jartz' and Tim Van Vooren's of the world label you a bust just to lead the 6pm sports and get away with it? And since then..obviously championship calibre play has softened the blow, but we've had many ACTUAL busts like Mandarich, Ferguson, Jamal Reynolds, Buckley and it hasn't mattered since everything was blinded by the halo of #4.

Anyways......back to Moss. Lets get him. I vote yes.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived