What's wrong with this trading card?

Roger Clemente

Some long-time drunk is in the background that shouldn't be there. Plus, Mickey Mantle's in the dugout.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Some long-time drunk is in the background that shouldn't be there. Plus, Mickey Mantle's in the dugout.

I don't see any drunk people. Unless you can see something I can't.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I don't see any drunk people. Unless you can see something I can't.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

That would be the former owner of the Texas Rangers, who was photoshopped into the background.

Not the former #7, who was shopped into the dugout.

It's where I sit.

That card was made to be a valuable error card, because it will be rare.

Look at what this guy wants on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3x-2007-Topps-DEREK-JE...1QQcmdZViewItem

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That card was made to be a valuable error card, because it will be rare.

Look at what this guy wants on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3x-2007-Topps-DEREK-JE...1QQcmdZViewItem

That guy's an idiot. The card will not be a "valuable error card" because it will not be rare.

A rare error card exists when the company realizes the error and stops production to fix it, creating a disproportionate amount of error cards to correct cards (or vice versa). The 1989 Fleer Billy Ripken has about 6 different variations. This card is not any rarer than any other card in the set, but will probably fetch a small premium because it's Derek Jeter and it's an oddity. It'll settle at no more than $5.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/501111p-422573c.html

"Alex Gregg, owner of Alex's MVP Cards on the upper East Side, said the images of Bush and Mantle could slightly bump up the value of the Jeter card; the card's currently going for about $2 on eBay."

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Topps has said they're not ging to correct it, so there were probably be thousands of versions of this card found in the future.

Anyone who pays more than $10 for this card is a fool at best.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 5 weeks later...

Topps has said they're not ging to correct it, so there were probably be thousands of versions of this card found in the future.

In the end I paid $0.14 for one. $1 for a 7 card pack at Dollar General (Gueydan's Supermarket! :D)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

In the end I paid $0.14 for one. $1 for a 7 card pack at Dollar General (Gueydan's Supermarket! :D)

Is that how much cards are going for these days? I remember being pissed when they went from 0.35 to 0.45 for 15 cards and a stick of rock-hard gum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is that how much cards are going for these days? I remember being pissed when they went from 0.35 to 0.45 for 15 cards and a stick of rock-hard gum.

These seem to be a special run by Topps just for Dollar General, as they have the Dollar General price tag printed on the pack. I've been getting 3 packs every time we go to the store to kick start his collection. 6 packs in we have 2 Jeters, Matsui, Manny Ramirez, Sheffield, Beltran, Swisher, Street, Blaylock, Alou, and 2 Atlanta Braves cards. My brother, not one for sports asked "Should I like the Braves?" "Nah, the cool kids like the Marlins. Unlike the Braves, they win their postseason series..." :D;)

Of course, my first pack was a 16 card pack of 1987 Topps for $0.50. I still have the cards from then...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I think that just a cute way to make a GWB rip

You sir are on top of the game.

How about in 1992 when every cards company except Score practiccaly doubled the pack from 50 cent to a dollars Vets.

How about in 1992 when every cards company except Score practiccaly doubled the pack from 50 cent to a dollars Vets.

Well I gave up collecting around that time. It was getting too hard to collect, when all the major vendors (Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, and newcomer UD) started releasing ridiculous amounts of special or alternate sets. I used to love looking at how the look of a brand of cards changed over the years, but it got to the point where you didn't know which card to use as your reference, because there wasn't a "flagship" set. They oversaturated the market and ruined the hobby. Bastards.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They oversaturated the market and ruined the hobby. Bastards.

Well, it's finally corrected itself (or so it seems), so at least the casual collector can get back into it.

Archived