Actual photos of USC Gamecock Under Armour Unis

Cola

Okay I can't figure out the striping on the pants...nor that little piping/stripe near the number on the side panels. Anyone have any ideas or wanna transfer this to a template so there can be a better visual? Its hard to tell right now for me when I look at it...

3.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

and another i did after doing some url surfing on the url's those other images were posted on, gives a better view of the pants- anyone wanna figure this out and try it on a template?

7.jpg

Three things:

One (and I saw this coming once the Arizona Cardinals first did it, even though I believe the Mavericks were the first to do it when they revamped their uni sets), the logo above the nameplate thing is going to spread like wildfire. I can see that now. I also think that with some teams (like THIS ONE), it's completely unnecessary.

Two, I see that black WILL BE emphasized, if the piping on those pants is any indication. Notice the black pants with the maroon (or is it garnet?) piping. We don't see a home jersey here, but I'd bet you any kind of money it'll be black. Which is a crying-@$$ shame. And in saying that, you KNOW we're going to see a black-on-black look for this team at some point in the upcoming season a la the Louisville Cardinals. Puke. Why, oh WHY, couldn't they have emplasized the COLOR here (garnet/maroon and not black)? But I'll digress...

...but that leads me to three. From a purely creative standpoint, UA did some imaginative stuff with their piping on this uniform. Having said that, I also think it's a good bit OVERDONE. And if they went through all that trouble to develop that design for the Gamecocks, me wonders why they couldn't also develop a new number font for them? If you're going to revise a uniform to look more "21st century", hell--why not update from standard block? (But then, I don't know how the SC faithful feel about their block, so...) Also, to add to all this funky piping going through the Gamecocks' uniforms, that does not match up well with their helmet at all, and for that matter, neither do the shades of maroon/garnet.

Just my observations, one man's opinion...and my (you knew it was coming)...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

wow... those are SICK!

How come not all of Under Armour's jerseys are that cool?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

One (and I saw this coming once the Arizona Cardinals first did it, even though I believe the Mavericks were the first to do it when they revamped their uni sets), the logo above the nameplate thing is going to spread like wildfire. I can see that now. I also think that with some teams (like THIS ONE), it's completely unnecessary.

It was the Mavs. I thought the same as you did - I didn't like it, but it was novel, and there were going to be a bunch of teams trying to duplicate the logo placement. Great minds think alike!

Two, I see that black WILL BE emphasized, if the piping on those pants is any indication. Notice the black pants with the maroon (or is it garnet?) piping. We don't see a home jersey here, but I'd bet you any kind of money it'll be black. Which is a crying-@$$ shame. And in saying that, you KNOW we're going to see a black-on-black look for this team at some point in the upcoming season a la the Louisville Cardinals. Puke. Why, oh WHY, couldn't they have emplasized the COLOR here (garnet/maroon and not black)? But I'll digress...

But black and garnet are the school colors. If SOUTH Carolina ["CAROLINA" my Tar Heel blue a$$... win a title in something besides women's equestrian first, outshine your neighbors to the north, then go ahead and call yourselves "CAROLINA" :mad: ] chooses to emphasize black, there's really no issue with it. It's not the same situation as a school that didn't have black in their school colors gratuitously adding it for revenue dollars *coughdookBLUEdevilscough*. They've generally done a fairly even job of co-emphasizing garnet and black; if this set skews black, it'll still look appropriate for the school.

...but that leads me to three. From a purely creative standpoint, UA did some imaginative stuff with their piping on this uniform. Having said that, I also think it's a good bit OVERDONE. And if they went through all that trouble to develop that design for the Gamecocks, me wonders why they couldn't also develop a new number font for them? If you're going to revise a uniform to look more "21st century", hell--why not update from standard block? (But then, I don't know how the SC faithful feel about their block, so...) Also, to add to all this funky piping going through the Gamecocks' uniforms, that does not match up well with their helmet at all, and for that matter, neither do the shades of maroon/garnet.

Just my observations, one man's opinion...and my (you knew it was coming)...my two rusted Lincolns.

True, true. Then again, with the block "C" element in the helmet logo, it'd be hard to stray too far from block lettering.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If SOUTH Carolina ["CAROLINA" my Tar Heel blue a$$... win a title in something besides women's equestrian first, outshine your neighbors to the north, then go ahead and call yourselves "CAROLINA" :mad: ]

To hell with that, you guys can be UNC, we are Carolina!

"Here's a health, Carolina, forever to thee!"

If SOUTH Carolina ["CAROLINA" my Tar Heel blue a$$... win a title in something besides women's equestrian first, outshine your neighbors to the north, then go ahead and call yourselves "CAROLINA" :mad: ]

The outshining comes soon enough my friend, October 13th of this year :evil:

But besides those things, coming from a Gamecock- we wanted to see a change but not TOO much of a change, which is why I think they stayed with block lettering and didn't touch the helmet. Now, these uniform pictures I think are just prelim unforms that UA did to show off---the coloring should be adjusting for the actual production of uniforms because that is NOT garnet. It is almost a red color and obviously doesn't match the cleats they presented nor our helmets.

Also, don't fret my friend over the black...now, we DO love black and have been wanting to see an equal balance in our uniforms (think Steve Taneyhill late 80's) but we will take this if it works. There will be 3 sets to the tops and bottoms so at some point, yes, you will probably see a "black-out" uniform and possibly even a "fire-ant" alternate for some game.

I like them a lot, but most importantly I just hope we STAY WITH THE UNIFORM FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.

I hate these. WAY too much piping going on here and they practically have the NIKE shoulder thing going on the front of the Jersey. The stripes on the pants should be nice and wide and match the stripes on the helmet. I do like the white helmet, which means that they will probably pull a Texans and play in black helmets in the Fall. Thumbs way, way down. Plus, every new Under armour school will probably use this as a template for the next three to five years. If they just had the black and garnet shoulder stripes and no piping, I would love them.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived