Kenny Mayne on sportscenter...

Geoff

Sucks. In about 15 minutes he messed up about 4 times and instead of acting like it didn't happen, he call it out and corrected himself every time.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

When he calls himself out, he does it hilariously. On an NBA highlight, he said under a minute left when there over a minute. What he said: "Under a minute left, also over a minute, too." And at the end, "Unless the sun explodes, ESPN will..." Me and my brother were cracking up to much to catch the end. He's the funniest anchor ever.

Glad to see Kenny back, my favorite SC guy, eventhough it is for only a few episodes here and there.

Agreed...Kenny is one of my favorites as well. I was pretty surprised when I heard him on SC because I know its been a while. I really love his little subtle comments ("He's tall", or "in a related sport, bowling," after talking about basketball or some unrelated sport)--they are funny without seeming too forced (unlike a lot of current SC people).

AM.gif

IMO Kenny is the funniest, sharpest anchor SC's ever had. Okay, so I haven't watched it in a handful of years because I haven't had standard ESPN (for some reason just the Deuce and Classic), but being considered the best of the best in a field that included Patrick, Olbermann and Kilborn is saying something.

Oh, and Stuart Scott is unbearable. (Off-topic, but had to be said.)

I've always liked Kenny Mayne. He's the last link to back when SC was watchable. (in the same way that Stu Scott signaled the beginning of the end) These days Kenny has way too much talent for SC and ESPN. He is actually funny as opposed to the rest of those no talent hacks.

BB52Big.jpg

I agree he is one of the funniest they ever had but I don't think he planned on essing up because he only did it again once in the last 1:15 of the episode.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I agree he is one of the funniest they ever had but I don't think he planned on essing up because he only did it again once in the last 1:15 of the episode.

He doesn't plan on messing up. He, just like everyone always has, does mess up. The difference is he doesn't hide it, instead he just makes it really, really funny. And we laugh. And everyone has a good time. :D

There weren't many better lines on SC than Mayne's "He's gonna get his name in the paper" after a home run or a clutch shot. Smart, understated and underrated, just like Mayne himself.

Seeing him in Progressive ads lately makes me hope he's building up steam for a comeback of some sort. I'd like to see him resurface somewhere his comedic talents can be fully utilized, it's not out of the question that he could be a reasonably decent standup guy.

Archived