L.A. Galaxy will have Herbalife accross the jersey

roxfan00

Two months after acquiring David Beckham, the Galaxy has signed a multiyear, multimillion-dollar sponsorship agreement with nutritional products manufacturer Herbalife.

The agreement was first reported Thursday night in the online edition of the Wall Street Journal, which said the deal would "pay the club between $3.5 million and $5 million a year through 2011."

Sponsor

I guess this pic was in the WSJ.

MK-AJ116_SOCCER_20070322201636.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Herbalife isn't tiny, but it's a niche product.

However, they have a great reason to want to sign-on as the Galaxy's shirt sponsor and continue to buy advertising signage at the Home Depot Center: it's a great way to "thumb their nose" at CD Chivas USA's Jorge Vergara... who just happens to own Omnilife, Herbalife's main competitor.

On an aesthetic note, let's hope that the Herbalife logo is better-integrated on the Galaxy's new kits. This just looks abysmal.

Herbalife isn't tiny, but it's a niche product.

However, they have a great reason to want to sign-on as the Galaxy's shirt sponsor and continue to buy advertising signage at the Home Depot Center: it's a great way to "thumb their nose" at CD Chivas USA's Jorge Vergara... who just happens to own Omnilife, Herbalife's main competitor.

On an aesthetic note, let's hope that the Herbalife logo is better-integrated on the Galaxy's new kits. This just looks abysmal.

Well, guess we know who Chivas is going to bring on as a shirt sponsor now, don't we? :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Honestly, I like them better with the shirt sponsors. I always thought the galaxy script logo looked ugly, and I never liked the stripe. Although they're not works of beauty or anything, I think theyre fine. Also, I think the new jerseys will be designed with sponsorship in mind. This was a quick mod to fit a sponsor. The new jerseys will be designed to fit a sponsor.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

now MLS will be known as the league with the pyramid scheme companies as shirt sponsors. first Xango now Herbalife. anyone care to put odds on what team will choose Amway next?

edit: just noticed that Toronto has joined the fun and gotten their sponsor, not a pyramid scam...

rofQkbJH.jpg

I thought MLS clubs were going to be after big-name corporate sponsors. The highest-profile footballer in the world is going to be sponsored by Herbalife? UGH. What happened to Citi?

I guess NASCAR has raped all of the corporate sponsorships in the sports world.

Yeah, it looks a tad bit retarded, though with the sash I guess it's hard to put on just letters. But yeah, they should be able to get a bigger sponsor than that. Now all the non-soccer people are gonna call the Galaxy wussies, for lack of a less vulgar term.

Toronto does have the most professional looking jerseys right now, IMO.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

at least they haven't gone over the top with sponsors like the swedes..

resized_zerony.jpg

Or Mexico.

You're right. Herbalife is incredibly underwhelming. It's as if Kansas City signed on with Amway. Or New England with anything pitched by BILLY MAYS!!!!

Billy_Mays.jpg

(OMG, what if the Chicago Fire were sponsored by Oprah Magazine????)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived