Toronto FC Shirt Sponsor

Breakwood

Although I'm not sold on the jerseys themselves, I love the idea of shirt sponsors in MLS. If MLS really wants to compete with the major European Leagues, they need the extra revenue. How about the US Army sponsoring DC United? That could look pretty cool, actually. But, I really am in favor of MLS leaving it up to the teams to find shirt sponsors if they want them. Could be interesting to see if other teams end up doing it now that one team had lead the way.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I like the look of it - what color is the away? they can certainly go blue if the away is light with blue trim, or even with red trim.

and to be honest, my Sega fanboy-ness is what led me to spot Arsenal in the first place....the team and their quality is what made me a fan though. They were sponsored by Sega when I first started watching and following soccer.

harperdc.gif

Can't remember when BofM's name became BMO, but it was fairly recently in that whole rebranding phase where Banks don't want to be seen as bankers anymore.

I believe it has to do with their enterance to the American and International Markets. Toronto Dominion is TD Banknorth, Royal Bank is RBC Centura, Bank of Nova Scotia is Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal is BMO.

I guess they figured the Canadian names wouldn't help them much in markets outside of Canada.

Actually, Royal Bank is still RBC in Canada. Only in the states are they branded RBC Centura.

From wikipedia:

RBC now has a large retail banking presence in the southeastern United States, marketing itself there as RBC Centura (Centura was the North Carolina based bank RBC purchased in 2001 to establish its U.S. foothold). RBC Centura is based in Rocky Mount, North Carolina (though it has unveiled plans for a move of its headquarters to Raleigh). The bank has recently merged with Flag Bank, increasing it's presence in Georgia. RBC continues to grow in the Southeast after recently acquiring 39 branches of AMSouth Bank in Alabama (previously the bank had no locations in this state). The Carolina Hurricanes and NC State Wolfpack play in the RBC Center.

In addition to the ones already mentioned BMO owns Harris Bank of Chicago.

If you wondered why TD Waterhouse Centre is no longer around, it's because Ameritrade bought TD Waterhouse (now known as TD Ameritrade) and decided not to renew the naming rights.

I saw, I came, I left.

Looks good, which is more than I can say for the Herbalife patch on the LAG kit.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Yes, but as has been pointed out on that board, don't worry too much about that - the Galaxy are completely rebranding, new colors and new kits, so they'll never actually wear that shirt.

How so? They're switching midseason so what will they wear before that? What they had last season?

How so? They're switching midseason so what will they wear before that? What they had last season?

from my understanding yes...they will wear the new kit when Beckham arrives....so i assume they will just wear their jerseys from last season until then....

more discussion about jersey and sponsor at Bigsoccer

My Korean baseball website [MyKBO.net]

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the match on TV (or part of it until my Brother-in-law found that pseudo p@rn on TQS (Montreal)) and looking at the FC's shirt, that striping that was described as DARK ONYX on their grey shirt looks blue to me, BMO Blue to be more specific...

Anybody has pictures of the game?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Watching the match on TV (or part of it until my Brother-in-law found that pseudo p@rn on TQS (Montreal)) and looking at the FC's shirt, that striping that was described as DARK ONYX on their grey shirt looks blue to me, BMO Blue to be more specific...

Anybody has pictures of the game?

Bad TV set (Candle Circa 1985) ... or a few Stella Artois too many, celebrating the Leafs' victory...

Definitely Dark Onyx (Grey)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• LMU locked this topic

Archived