Edmonton Oil Kings

Frankie

The Oil Kings have unveiled their new sweaters, during a press conference yesterday in Edmonton.

135294-42248.jpg

Original article at: http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news...17-1e26717dab7e

Personally, I thought they could have done a little bit more with their design. I understand that the team wanted to have something traditional and conservative, but I find the sweater too be extremely generic. They look like an amateur version of the Moncton Wildcats.

I love several CHL jerseys, like Chicoutimi, London, St. Mikes, Kelowna... and was hoping Edmonton would be able to do something that resonated like those jerseys. Unfortunately, for me, this falls flat.

BTW, notice at the top of the Oil Kings crest, they have EST 1950. I find that extremely interesting for an expansion club, and it is clear that they are carrying over the history of the previous franchise, much like the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL.

here's the scope.....they wanted the design to tie in with the original team look........the uni in the middle is the real deal -note, main logo is larger and reebok and whl logos are in place

This is what the Oil Kings looked like back in the good ol' days of the Dub. I'm assuming the jersey color is actually a deep orange, not red.

That's pretty much what they looked like when I was a kid; that's what I was hoping they would like today. While I'd have preferred to see the lace-up collar, I'll take these over most of the hideous crap you see around junior hockey.

Such as...?

In the Dub, especially, I think most of the uniforms look pretty good. Swift Current needs to go back and Kelowna's leaves a little to be desired but overall the teams look pretty sharp.

Call me a traditionalist, but I could live happily without ever having to see:

? the Raiders' black set

? the Pats' red alts

? the hideous Hitmen logo. And may it take Kootenay's with it as well

? Alas, the Broncos. What happened to simple prairie values?

I'd like to see more of:

? the Pats' old-style blue set (minus the red trim)

? the Broncos in return to the blue/green combo or even back to the green/gold days

? Brandon's old gold unis

It seems a certain theme is emerging. Time for my geritol.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived