Colonels concept

Lumbergh

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you notice, I tried to incorporate a star in the logo, form the collars and the cheek bone

That could be why the cheekbone is off...that line is to far forwad on the face, it should be connecting to the back of the ear and not his sideburn.

I'd scrap the star idea, I wouldn't have known it was there unless you pointed it out. Otherwise, I just think the guy looks weird. I also agree that he needs some stripes to represent the rank, even if it means getting rid of its historical accuracy. Nice job on the illustration though.

usd-sig.png

He kinda reminds me of a french legionaire. It's a nice start, but that hat needs to be angled down a bit more to show signs of aggressiveness to me. Just a suggestion.

Skynard and French bashing. Way to represent the USA. Anyways, i like the logo. I agree that the jawline needs to be shifted back a bit, maybe even thinned out. i had a tough time deciphering if it was a beard or a jaw or both. looks a little like chuck bronson

He kinda reminds me of a french legionaire. It's a nice start, but that hat needs to be angled down a bit more to show signs of aggressiveness to me. Just a suggestion.

Skynard and French bashing. Way to represent the USA. Anyways, i like the logo. I agree that the jawline needs to be shifted back a bit, maybe even thinned out. i had a tough time deciphering if it was a beard or a jaw or both. looks a little like chuck bronson

Yeah, a little harmless joking is such a bash. Oh, wait, I'm a Skynyrd fan so I'm automatically being a bigot.

Lighten Up. :P:upside:

I was not trying to bash anyone what I meant was when I said it looked like a legionaire was the way the hat was so tall. Civil War era hats or "kepis" (I think that is what those type of caps were called) usually slanted down towards the front and had a gold band at the front of the crown.

I toyed around with it a little in paint. Sorry, it's not the best in the world but I don't have Illustrator.

Just to give you an idea of what I was talking about. I fixed the jaw line also, it looks as if he does have a beard now. I also added a star to the top of the cap.

colonels.jpg

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I was not trying to bash anyone what I meant was when I said it looked like a legionaire was the way the hat was so tall. Civil War era hats or "kepis" (I think that is what those type of caps were called) usually slanted down towards the front and had a gold band at the front of the crown.

I toyed around with it a little in paint. Sorry, it's not the best in the world but I don't have Illustrator.

Just to give you an idea of what I was talking about. I fixed the jaw line also, it looks as if he does have a beard now. I also added a star to the top of the cap.

colonels.jpg

I believe he was referring to me and my joke about the French with White Flags and always running away and then the fact that I'm a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan means I'm a prejudicial a-hole rather than just having fun and making little harmless jokes.

Your concept is really nice by the way. :P

I believe he was referring to me and my joke about the French with White Flags and always running away and then the fact that I'm a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan means I'm a prejudicial a-hole rather than just having fun and making little harmless jokes.

I loved the joke. But you're incorrect; the French did win a war once. It was a Civil War, and they were fighting themselves, but hey...

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I loved the joke. But you're incorrect; the French did win a war once. It was a Civil War, and they were fighting themselves, but hey...

But they also lost that one, too, so it's kind of a wash. Back to Zero, Pierre! :P

I keed! I keed!.................or do I? ^_^

Archived