Any changes for nfl unis in 2004?

Saintsfan

Just wondering if anyone knows of any NFL teams considering uniform changes for the 2004 season. I can't think of too many likely candidates right now, so maybe we will just see lots more alternates brought in??

Maybe the Bills will make some kind of minor adjustment to theres, I'd personally like to see the chargers try something, but no-one seems due for any kind of change??

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, there's the usual suspects, two of which you touched on, to which I'll add a couple:

Cincy... the reversed helmet, plus Marvin Lewis' tight-lippedness about a possible change add fuel to the fire.

Arizona... don't know when their new park opens, but they'll probably wait for that if the ever-popular Bidwells want to make a change.

Miami... first all-teal, then orange, what freakishly scary look will they come up with next? Maybe orange pants (with a white top, they'd alienate the FSU supporters and maybe gain some Gator and Hurricane faithful).

Green Bay, Chicago, and Cleveland... who will once and for all destroy all vestiges of tradition in their uniforms by going all green, all navy, and all brown, respectively. Just kidding. Wow, I managed to freak out SHB and JQK in one post! :P :laugh:

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I completely doubt the Bengals will be reversing their helmets. First off, the one that Marvin was photo'd next to was apparentlya gift from a friend who calls him the "black bengal", secondly, it would completely counter-intuitive. There are no black tigers with orange stripes.

The only change I could foresee from them would be an alternate orange jersey.

I see it possible for a uniform change for the bengals. they have just won back a lot of fans finally with a contending season, and you know what more fans means?more fans buying jerseys!

so why not make some new ones so theyll have to buy them?

i think theres a big chance

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Green Bay, Chicago, and Cleveland... who will once and for all destroy all vestiges of tradition in their uniforms by going all green, all navy

chicago went all navy last year, i think it was on a MNF game....horrible.

my guesses for next year would be the dolphins trying orange on teal, which IMO should NOT be tried......

also, i think the bengals will use their black pants more often, along with an orange alternate.

i think we will see the long-rumoured purple pants for the vikings as well

i think we will see the steelers gold alternate for road games in hot weather wear the home team wears white

carolina switch in primary

id like to see honolulu blue road pants for detroit, maybe even home too

panthers silver pants on the road

49ers gold jersey- it makes sense because the name comes from the gold rush, they could use the retro white pants with them, but if they dont do this its ok because they incorporate gold into their scheme perfect anyway

colts blue pants

def not happening: jags embracing the teal and getting a teal helmet and teal pants for the road

ravens- here is a possible solution here, they have way too much white going on, how about a mustard/gold/yellow/w/e the hell that color is pants, purple pants would work good with the road

signature.gif

i dont know what fries me more......the thought of cleveland going all brown or the 49ers bringing back the white pants let alone introducing gold jerseys

there is only one team i feel that needs an overhaul...yes, the arizona cardinals. some teams could use a tweak here and there, but nothing major.

I think if there are any changes, it'll be along the same lines as the Eagles this past season (adding gray border to the numbers). I'd like to see Arizona ditch the red pants, and see them inject some life into their unis. I think the Bills really need to get rid of the horrible navy blue shoulers on their white jerseys. The white jersey itself doesn't even match! Royal blue and navy blue, hate to say it, DON'T MATCH!!!

I got a quick question for everyone: when was the last year that the NFL didn't have any uniform changes, in which the same unis were worn in two consecutive seasons by all teams?

1994: Patriots, Dolphins (numbers), 49ers (throwback jersey style)

1995: Patriots, Colts (blue pants), Cowboys (numbers and star logo on sleeve)

1996: Vikings, Eagles, 49ers

1997: Broncos, Dolphins, Steelers (numbers), Bengals (tiger on the sleeve, instead of number), Buccaneers, Saints (gold numbers)

1998: 49ers (pants), Jets, Jaguars (numbers). Lions (blue pants)

1999: Saints (black numbers), Browns (numbers on shoulders instead of sleeves)

2000: Pats, Rams and Giants, Chiefs (red pants)

2001: ???

2002: Seahawks and Bills

2003: Falcons, Eagles and Lions

2004: ???

I probably missed a few details.

Two notes: (1) Don't teams have to petition the NFL by September if they want to change their unis the next season? Does anyone know if any teams did this? There's no word, not even a rumor, on ssur.org.

(2) Re: Dallas: I thought I noticed this before, but wasn't sure. On Saturday night, I tried to get a good look at the Cowboys' pants color, and it looks to me like they got rid of the metallic silver green. Those pants looked plain silver to me. They looked better than they have in the last few years (although I really like the light blue pants from the sixties). Did anyone else notice this?

Best,

e_m

(2) Re: Dallas: I thought I noticed this before, but wasn't sure. On Saturday night, I tried to get a good look at the Cowboys' pants color, and it looks to me like they got rid of the metallic silver green. Those pants looked plain silver to me. They looked better than they have in the last few years (although I really like the light blue pants from the sixties). Did anyone else notice this?

Best,

e_m

there's a reason for that that has been beaten like two dead bears: there are actually two sets of pants, the greenish silver with royal blue/white striping, and the silver pants w/navy and white striping.  take a guess which pants are worn with which jersey :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Re: the beaten dead bears: Oh snap. My brain must have gone into chimp mode when the Cowboys' two pairs of pants were discussed in this forum. My apologies.

There is some hope for me, however, as I was able to figure out (without counting on my fingers) which pants went with which jersey.

e_m

Hopefully my dirty birds will get rid of the arena football unis and get a real jersey.... I blame the jersey, not the new turf, for Vick's injury :D

The Lion has spoken

Naw, it was the Madden curse...

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

It's not just Madden, its all EA games. I think we all know what happened to Dany Heatley of the Thrashers days after his cover of NHL 04 debuted.  Add to that the misfortune on field of Randy Johnson after gracing MVP'03 and Vince carter hasn't exactly been burning up the court this season after being coverboy for Live...

I did notice that. What is it with big-time sports media that seems to "jinx" who is on the cover (unless you're Lance Armstrong, 5-time Tour de France winner). Does 989 Sports have this problem? Last I checked, no. Or Sega's NFL 2K games.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived