Alts in NHL Playoffs

Lalalaloser

I belive Larry Quinn said when releasing the new unis that if the Sabres ever won the cup in Buffalo they would be wearing the throwbacks.

Yes he did.

But I hope that they can find matching pants/gloves/helmets. Hell, why don't they go to great skate, buy blue gloves/pants/helmets, and slap a few stickers on them?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I belive Larry Quinn said when releasing the new unis that if the Sabres ever won the cup in Buffalo they would be wearing the throwbacks.

Yes he did.

But I hope that they can find matching pants/gloves/helmets. Hell, why don't they go to great skate, buy blue gloves/pants/helmets, and slap a few stickers on them?

Yeah, he definitely did make that remark at the beginning of the season, however I don't expect them to actually follow through on that, any more than possibly asking the league for special permission to wear the 3rd jersey if they make it to game 5 of the cup finals (which would be the first possible home, cup clinching game, were the Sabres to make it that far. But I'm not saying they're going to. Never. I'd never say that. Do you hear me, Hockey Gods, I am NOT angering you!)

But I doubt the league would actually give them that permission, given that they already had special permission to HAVE 3rd jersies in the first place this year.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I've held my tongue for the whole season, I actually get a kick out of everyone hating the Sabres logo as much as they do.... However....

I actually have liked the new Jerseys from day one. I know the new logo didn't quite hit the mark for what they were trying to do which was merge the idea of the "Buffalo" and the "Sabre" into one thing, but the Jerseys themselves are very nicely laid out, and on the jersey themselves I think the new logo looks great.

They had to go back to Blue and Gold, and I think the new look is so much nicer than the retro Blue Jersey. If they still wore White at home then the Retro White would have been great, but even when we still had the original set I thought the color Blue they used was pretty crappy and well outdated well before they dumped them. On the plus side after the one year ban for alternates I hear the Retro jerseys will be changed slightly to match the blue in the new Jerseys, that might look sharp. I think the Oilers retooling their Jerseys by just changing the colors away from the dated Royal/Orange was a great way to update.

And if ANYONE in Buffalo hasn't been won over by the new logo yet, seeing Chris Drury, Daniel Briere and the rest of the players skating around holding the Stanley Cup wearing the new logo is all it will take to cement it as the permanent logo for a long time to come. 36 Years of Jersey "tradiiton" can easily be rewritten with ONE Stanley Cup Championship!!!

Go Sabres!!!!

OK, now is where everyone starts flaming me for me saying I like the "Slug".... :P

I've held my tongue for the whole season, I actually get a kick out of everyone hating the Sabres logo as much as they do.... However....

I actually have liked the new Jerseys from day one. I know the new logo didn't quite hit the mark for what they were trying to do which was merge the idea of the "Buffalo" and the "Sabre" into one thing, but the Jerseys themselves are very nicely laid out, and on the jersey themselves I think the new logo looks great.

They had to go back to Blue and Gold, and I think the new look is so much nicer than the retro Blue Jersey. If they still wore White at home then the Retro White would have been great, but even when we still had the original set I thought the color Blue they used was pretty crappy and well outdated well before they dumped them. On the plus side after the one year ban for alternates I hear the Retro jerseys will be changed slightly to match the blue in the new Jerseys, that might look sharp. I think the Oilers retooling their Jerseys by just changing the colors away from the dated Royal/Orange was a great way to update.

And if ANYONE in Buffalo hasn't been won over by the new logo yet, seeing Chris Drury, Daniel Briere and the rest of the players skating around holding the Stanley Cup wearing the new logo is all it will take to cement it as the permanent logo for a long time to come. 36 Years of Jersey "tradiiton" can easily be rewritten with ONE Stanley Cup Championship!!!

Go Sabres!!!!

OK, now is where everyone starts flaming me for me saying I like the "Slug".... :P

I agree with you. I wasn't really a fan of the Sabres jerseys initialy, because I thought they were busy as hell with stripes here and everywhere. But right now, I really like them, especially the home (Blue) jersey. They look extremely sharp in action, and the logo looks very nice and contrasted on the dark blue jersey. I think the road (white) jersey leaves a little to be desired, but it isn't as bad as I initially feared.

Juventus.png

Whats the deal with teams wearing their alternate jerseys in the playoffs? Ive heard many different answers on this topic and was just wondering if they can be worn or not. It would be awesome to see the Sabres raise the cup in their blue retros

For a Canucks fan, you sure have a hard-on for the Sabres.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Go Sabres!!!!

I agree with you. I wasn't really a fan of the Sabres jerseys initialy, because I thought they were busy as hell with stripes here and everywhere. But right now, I really like them, especially the home (Blue) jersey. They look extremely sharp in action, and the logo looks very nice and contrasted on the dark blue jersey. I think the road (white) jersey leaves a little to be desired, but it isn't as bad as I initially feared.

I have always said that the blue uniforms are great and the aways are ok, however the logo is bad. It they would have just updated the 70-96 logo (like js) It would have been perfect.

saBS.png

Who said I was a Canucks fan? Just wanted something different so I picked a random team to put there. So many other people have Sabres stuff, I just wanted to be different.

So you chose to put up the logo of a team who is also in the playoffs, and has the potential to face Buffalo in the Stanley Cup Finals? Your logic is amazing.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Considering that the Canucks will be phasing out their current set of uniforms anyway, does anybody think the Canucks will use their retro blue as their home jersey throughout the playoffs? It certainly wouldn't surprise me, since we've seen the Stars, Ducks, Blues all do this before phasing out their current unis.

I don't know. An article in the Vancouver Province last week confirmed (by the owner of the team saying so) that the Canuck's are keeping the Orca logo, so we may be sticking with the contemporary look next year.

Of course, keeping the logo doesn't have to mean that they keep the colour scheme. :huh:

Edit: Got the newspaper wrong, it was the Province, not the Sun.

Article. Make sure to read the second page, it has Aquilini's reasons for sticking with the old logo. The way the article is worded, it does sound like the logo may be modified though.

Who said I was a Canucks fan? Just wanted something different so I picked a random team to put there. So many other people have Sabres stuff, I just wanted to be different.

So you chose to put up the logo of a team who is also in the playoffs, and has the potential to face Buffalo in the Stanley Cup Finals? Your logic is amazing.

I put the Canucks there in like December. I didnt even think of them as a possible oppenent back then. Ill change it if you would like.

Magic07.jpg

i love the jerseys of the sabres...but i do think the logo is horrible. the jersey cut was made for the new edge jersey transistion i believe.

oh and lalalaloser...i dont think he wants u to change just be consistant in who u root for and dont seem like a bandwagoner, thats all.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

so nice it had to be said thrice :D lol

FYP

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You make a very compelling argument for everyone to root for the Islanders.

You make a very compelling argument for everyone to root for the Islanders.

amen brother.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived