There it go that Dipset (whistle whistle whistle whistle)

Eye

No introduction, at least not for now, I gotta split. So here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipset

Red, white, and blue are the primary colors here. Sort of has a Washington Capitals feel from the old days. Look at how many stripes are on the bottom of the jersey and sleeves. Wonder why? Cam'ron was born in '76, so was Jim Jones, but we already have #76 in use, so Jones will be #67. Mr. Santana was born in '83. Those are the numbers and the (brief) description of the concept. I'll probably be back later to post the usual information.

Primary uniforms:

Diplomatsprimaryunis.png

Alternate uniform:

Diplomatsalternateuni.png

C & C is appreciated, thanks.

-E.A.R.

I didn't know Juelz was that young....I hate dipset...but nicely done.

Santana spits fire, especially when he is paired up with the best rapper alive- no need to mention a name there.

Please don't tell me you are a G-unit fan hahaha :rolleyes:

Anyways, nice design and look- I could seem them actually sporting this if rappers ever gave a care about hockey.

The Best Out! damn, good choice. these are flawless IMO. I love the way the stripes are used, and the stars complement them perfectly(no wonder our flag looks so good) I have nothing bad to say about these except that I am surprised you didn't include any purple anywhere, just a little bit, they are dipset afterall. Nice job again, and keep up the good work on this series.

Just some of my favorite lines by 40 Cal. off "The Best Out", which came up in my iTunes party shuffle while I was looking at this concept...

"I got DJs kicking karate, cuz they throw my wax on and take your wax off like Mr. Miyagi"

"Shaking your cola, only time your coke was bubbling cousin"

There it go that Dipset. There it go, aight, aight, aight. Here are the other teams completed so far in the Hip Hop Hockey League:

N.W.A

P$C

Stones Throw Records

Onyx

Black Eyed Peas

Flipsyde

Dipset came onto the scene in 2003 with their first album, Diplomatic Immunity. Since 2003, including Diplomatic Immunity, Dipset has come out with six albums, including the aforementioned, Diplomatic Immunity II, More Than Music vol. 1, Dipset: The Movement Moves On, A Dipset X-Mas, and Dipset: More Than Music vol. 2. Dipset consists of members Cam'ron, Jim Jones, Freekey Zekey, Juelz Santana, J.R. Writer, Hell Rell, 40 Cal, Jha'Jha, Duke Da God, Katt Williams, and S.A.S. Personally, I am not a big fan of Dipset. They are ok. They have some good songs, but I like Juelz Santana as a solo act the most and Jim Jones a little bit. I like We Fly High, however, I only think a few of Jones' other songs are good.

The home uniform: Red, white, and blue are the main colors here, as on all uniforms. Dipset crest is outlined in white, to make it stand out more (it is also outlined on the blue alternate uniform.)The shoulders looked empty at first, so I added the stars to them. I think that it gives these threads sort of an old school Washington Capitals feel. Jersey is red with a white stripe around the blue yoke and there are 13 stripes on the bottom of the jersey and each sleeve. Anyone get the reference? Names and numbers are blue, outlined in white. Pants and domes are red (in all three uniforms) and socks are red with seven stripes. Gloves are red, white, and blue (on all three uniforms.)

The away uniform: Colors are switched around to make white more prominent. Red, white, and blue are changing places. Sort of like that 3 way shortstop change after the 2004 season. Eckstein went to STL, Renteria went to BOS, Cabrera went to LAA. The colors sort of change like that in this sense. Red replaces white on certain parts, then blue on others. White replaces red on certain parts, then blue on others. White replaces red on certain parts, then blue on others.

The alternate uniform: This uniform is a home alternate and the colors are switched around to make blue the prominent color.

The reason the numbes were chosen can be viewed in my initial post.

I am not a huge fan of Dipset, but I don't think they are bad either. A fe of my friends like Dipset more than I do. I would have added some purple, but I actually didn't know that they used purple primarily because it isn't on any of their album colors, really. Darn, I should have went to their website. Ehh, it's ok though, I still think these turned out pretty good.

-E.A.R.

Mr. Rappleyea...

...you disappoint me.

Now how in the royal HELL can you do a Dipset concept--a DIPSET concept--without a singular OUNCE of Cam'ron's signature panther PINK???

(Nah...I'm messin.)

Even though I could give .035% of a you-know-what about the D*ckset, I'm still lovin' the jersey concept.

Very...diplomatic.

(Oh--by the way, there ARE some rappers who give half a damn about hockey...just ask Snoop Dogg. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mr. Rappleyea...

...you disappoint me.

Now how in the royal HELL can you do a Dipset concept--a DIPSET concept--without a singular OUNCE of Cam'ron's signature panther PINK???

(Nah...I'm messin.)

Even though I could give .035% of a you-know-what about the D*ckset, I'm still lovin' the jersey concept.

Very...diplomatic.

(Oh--by the way, there ARE some rappers who give half a damn about hockey...just ask Snoop Dogg. :D )

D'oh, Killa Cam! Now I'm mad at myself for missing the pink. :evil: Naw, not really, just playin'. Jeez though, maybe I should ask some of you cats for some extra insight before I do a concept for a team I don't listen to all that much :D

YES! Someone knows his hip hop, Bucco! I was watching this video a few weeks back on it was either MTV or BET, I was just flippin' around the channels at 1 AM. Snoop Dogg -- Gin and Juice

-E.A.R.

Mr. Rappleyea...

...you disappoint me.

(Nah...I'm messin.)

Very...diplomatic.

D'oh, Killa Cam! Now I'm mad at myself for missing the pink. :evil: Naw, not really, just playin'. Jeez though, maybe I should ask some of you cats for some extra insight before I do a concept for a team I don't listen to all that much :D

YES! Someone knows his hip hop, Bucco! I was watching this video a few weeks back on it was either MTV or BET, I was just flippin' around the channels at 1 AM. Snoop Dogg -- Gin and Juice

-E.A.R.

I also saw a Springfield Indians jersey in there,too.

Mr. Rappleyea...

...you disappoint me.

(Nah...I'm messin.)

Very...diplomatic.

-E.A.R.

I also saw a Springfield Indians jersey in there,too.

Heh, speaking of our man Snoop, I just woke up from a two hour nap, happened to turn on PTI (which I occasionally watch) and Snoop was at the Ducks game last night. The over under was will Snoop attend more than five hockey games in his life? I would hope the answer is yes because hockey needs to reexpand their game. You know, like how it was in the 90's.

-E.A.R.

Santana spits fire, especially when he is paired up with the best rapper alive- no need to mention a name there.

Agreed.... But a lot of the stuff he does by himself or with Dipset is goofy.

And on the rapper hockey fan thing, I read a blog on the Thrashers by Lil Jon at nhl.com. He's painted on the back of Kari Lehtonen's mask.

I'm not a hip hop fan, but I like the way these jerseys are executed. The only thing that bugs me is the "C" and "A"s on the left side, I just think they should be on the standard right side.

Please tell me you are talking about Dylon? Because if I recall correctly, he is not only the best rapper alive, he is the top 5 rappers of all time! God love Dave Chappelle!

Anyways, nice design and look- I could seem them actually sporting this if rappers ever gave a care about hockey.

And you didnt get the memo? From today's Frozen Moment (4/20 ironically, I wonder if NHL.com knew what they had done here). Then again, Snoop always has been ahead of the curve, so maybe other rappers will catch on quickly!

frozen_inside042007.jpg

SEAsig.png

Archived