Schilling's Bloddy Sock a Hoax?

kewp80

A note to Red Sox nation:

Stop taking yourselves so seriously you sanctimonious sons-of-bitches!

Your boy Schilling is a great, great pitcher and his efforts should never be called in to question, but he is such a :censored:ing drama queen. I truly believe it was blood on that sock, but damn, if the team doctor could perform surgery in the training room, wouldn?t someone on the staff hook that fat blowhard up with a couple of bandages or a roll of gauze or something?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone is denying that he played hurt. What is being questioned is whether or not the thing that turned into a symbol for the team was fraudulent. That and the inspiration it provided. Oh well...

(Still wonders how the World Series would have gone if the team with the best record got to host Game 1....)

Yeah, the All-Star Game thing is bogus, if the home game was in Busch it could of been a whole different series, but no use staying in the past, we got ours.

Eh. All they sued to do was rotate it. The All Star Game is as good as that. As far as better record? I'd like to see that, especially since we have to have interleague play. Might as well use that as an excuse to fix something else.

BUT, I don't believe home field had anything to do with the Cardinals losing the World Series. Yes, there were a couple of plays that could have changed the games and could have been different if games were at home or whatever... but fact is, the Cardinals didn't hit anything and that's why they lost that series. Some credit goes to the Sox for good pitching, but a lot of it was just a lineup (an INCREDIBLE lineup) that just went flat cold. It happens. It just sucked that it happened then. Oh, and we didn't have Carp for any of the postseason either. That certainly didn't help.

But, ya know what, last year helped make up for a lot of that. 2004 was a beyond amazing season, with a great NLCS, but we didn't win the WS. 2005 was pretty amazing too, and it had some great moments too like Pujols homer in the NLCS -- but we didn't even win that series let alone the WS that year. But by winning the World Series in '06, it somehow makes those other moments from different seasons but the same era, more meaningful.

Oh...Schilling. Yeah...

I don't think anyone is denying that he played hurt. What is being questioned is whether or not the thing that turned into a symbol for the team was fraudulent. That and the inspiration it provided. Oh well...

(Still wonders how the World Series would have gone if the team with the best record got to host Game 1....)

Yeah, the All-Star Game thing is bogus, if the home game was in Busch it could of been a whole different series, but no use staying in the past, we got ours.

Eh. All they sued to do was rotate it. The All Star Game is as good as that.

Lots of people forget that eh?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Curt Schilling faking something for publicity? Nah it could never happen. Everyone knows Schilling can't stand being in the spotlight. He's the most self-effacing player in the game. Schilling has always been about everything but himself. I am quite certain that a well respected broadcaster like Gary Thorne simply made up the entire story. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

Could you tell us what we should be seeing?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fixed it - it's Schilling's ankle - with the scar.

When was the picture taken?

And why wasn't it wrapped in gauze?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like Thorne's saracasm detector needs a tune-up:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnered=rss_bal

"He said one thing, and I heard something else," said Thorne of the earlier conversation, which happened a year or two ago. "I reported what I heard and what I honestly felt was said. Having talked with him today, there's no doubt in my mind that's not what he said [and] that's not what he meant.

"He explained why in the context of the sarcasm and the jabbing that goes on in the clubhouse, [and] that I understand. I took it as something serious, and it wasn't."

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Seriously, was it wrapped up in something during the game? I don't see why all the Red Sox fans are making a big deal out of it. You won the series, that's all that matters really. I mean it's not like the whole series rested on this bloody sock. Damn I sound english :P

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Seriously, was it wrapped up in something during the game? I don't see why all the Red Sox fans are making a big deal out of it. You won the series, that's all that matters really. I mean it's not like the whole series rested on this bloody sock. Damn I sound english :P

It is funny seeing all the replies from the Cardinal-backers in this thread....

When was the picture taken?

And why wasn't it wrapped in gauze?

I hope to god you are joking.

Sort of...the timestamp would be nice. (For that matter, it could be anyone's janked up ankle, but I'm not going to be too willfully stupid.)

The gauze question is relevant in all of this, though.

Today, we are all otaku.

Call in CSI Cooperstown they will get to the bottom of this

Mike Golic called, he wants his joke back.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived