My first concept that I'm posting

MattF

Here, I helped you out some...

nflredone-arizonacardinals.png

It looks better with a real gold instead of MSPaint Olive. Like the 49ers but with blue instead of black. Not bad, but it's very close to someone in their division. Red logo + Red Helmet doesn't work, either. And as for the numbers, if you have to explain what the tail is, it's not worth having on there.

But with a real gold it looks much better. The colors don't look bad together.

What the hell is...that?

My thoughts exactly...Your side panels are completely messed up, and the last jersey looks like someone threw up.

gees guys, he said it was his first concept... Give him a break and try to remember your first concepts...

Keep them coming cap... Create new ones and have fun!

My first concept had matching colors.

Same here

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The helmets are a step in the right direction, but i dont like the blue on the maroon unis. If you like it, though, that's cool

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

You haven't gone mad. You're just really BAD. At designing uniforms.

*Cough* *Cough*

Yeah the concept needs some work, I like where you're going with the helmets, and the addition of another color besides just red and white. But I would change that sandy brown color to their current yellow, and ditch the blue.

the colors you selected look completely random aside from the red. I would have gone with navy and that maizish-yellow that the cards wear. at least it would look similar to the colors they currently use. VitaminD pretty much covered everything else i wanted to say.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Jeez, some really harsh C&C...yikes.

Anyway, I don't really think the blue works the way you did it, but that's not to say it can't work. It just seems kind of out of place with the whole side pannel thing. It might be good to just try to use red and gold as the primary colors, and use blue very sparingly to accent the other stuff. I would say that your white jersey is the best one in the set because it is closest to this idea.

I would say that for the sake of consistency that whatever color the side pannels are, the sock stripes should be, so for the 1st jersey the sock stripes should be gold, and for the last one blue if you were to keep the blue side pannels.

Also, and I don't know if this would work, but it could be cool to use that gold as the main color for the helmet and use the red as the helmet stripe that way it'd contrast a lot with the red cardinal head.

As for the numbers, I see what you're going for but the way you have it now doesn't really work, though it is creative...at least for starters though I'd probably stick with just the normal numbers.

Anyway, don't listen to some of this really harsh criticism, keep at this and you'll definately improve.

POT: Hey Kettle, you're black!

KETTLE: Yeah, I know... that makes two of us.

Glad to see you didn't learn a thing during your sabbatical. One VT banner sig that doesn't look 1000% :censored:ed up does not make you Rembrandt reincarnated. Don't make one of us go back through the archives and pull out your Greatest Hits. Better that you should help the newb make his concept better, like most of us have tried to do.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sorry. I didn't know where to start, though. At a second glance, I would make the side panels about 5X thinner, change the two goldish colors to match each other, add TV/sleeve numbers, and make the helmet blue, white, black or gold. Those are just my suggestions, though. It really is ultimately up to you, sir.

It's one of those ideas that you think of, think... "hey, these are good ideas..." and then when you execute them, they look like crap. And then, when you execute them like crap, they look worse.

I like the idea of the cardinal 'tuft' on the corner of the number, but it just looks badly done. The panels are too wide. Yeesh.

And for the record, this was my first concept:

UniformPackageSm.jpg

It's probably not the greatest thing ever done, but at least the colors matched.

philly.png

Uncalled for, Brian. Don't discourage others from drawing or designing uniforms/logos. Just supply some useful constructive criticism, man. People draw for fun or if it is their job. You know that as much as I do, Bri. The second one is a slight improvement. Perhaps you should try using some custom colors or checking out PANTONE's site to find colors for particular teams. Usually, using the default colors from MS Paint is a disaster. Make the helmet a different color. As VD said, a red logo on a red helmet is a mess. Put some TV numbers on the shoulders or sleeves and possibly tinker with a sleeve logo. Fix the stripes on the pants and jersey. The pants stripes don't flow with the jersey side panels at all. Speaking of which, make the side panels thinner. The numbers can be executed better, I think, and will look sort of like the Anaheim Ducks numbers (anyone agree) if you can make 'em cleaner. Guess that's all I gotta say. Go back to the drawing board and keep at it, kid.

-E.A.R.

Archived