Nadal and Federer are playing on hybrid surface

Swiss

Right now my compatriot Federer is playing once more against Nadal but on a... hybrid surface.

That's a tennis court half clay, half grass there in Spain.

Federer is strong playing on grass, Nadal on clay. In this current match they are playing in their favorite sides but they must rotate their side according the tennis rules.

The idea of the hybrid surface was made by an Argentinean.

ten_g_claygrass2_412.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Right now my compatriot Federer is playing once more against Nadal but on a... hybrid surface.

That's a tennis court half clay, half grass there in Spain.

Federer is strong playing on grass, Nadal on clay. In this current match they are playing in their favorite sides but they must rotate their side according the tennis rules.

The idea of the hybrid surface was made by an Argentinean.

ten_g_claygrass2_412.jpg

Ponderous...F***ing Ponderous, man- Casey Kasem

Better yet, why not put some sod and some green Play Doh in a Blendtek blender....

Not a bad Idea for a future episode of "Will It Blend?"

You then have the Best of both worlds!!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Nadal beat Federer (bwah!) 7-5, 4-6 and 7-6 (12-10).

It was a great game. Hope they will repeat the game on that surface. :)

pennants.png

I wonder if they'll have tournaments on these types of surfaces.

I'd personally like to see different parts of the court as different surfaces. But I think that's some sort of... like... 3am homework project deal.

philly.png

They should have split it left/right, as opposed to at the net.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'd personally like to see different parts of the court as different surfaces. But I think that's some sort of... like... 3am homework project deal.

What about a hybrid baseball field? Astroturf in outfield and nature grass in infield... :D

pennants.png

What about a hybrid baseball field? Astroturf in outfield and nature grass in infield... :D

Those actually exist, mostly at the College ranks and below. I know Shipley Field at Maryland has an artificial infield and a grass outfield.

shipley06-400w.jpg

Oh yeah... another thing more that I thought I had invented...

Life is hard and cruel sometimes for me.

pennants.png

Comiskey Park had the inverse of that for a few years in the 1970s, you know, back when baseball was collectively so blitzed that it was studying individual carpet fibers.

Never forget.

Just in general.

Comiskey Park had the inverse of that for a few years in the 1970s, you know, back when baseball was collectively so blitzed that it was studying individual carpet fibers.

Edmonton actually has that kind of field... (though I think the astroturf has been replaced by a "fieldturf" like surface)

PICT0012.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived