Royals prototypes - 1969

mfoster

Does anyone have a better scan of this page, or the actual source document? I suspect it's a Royals program or yearbook from 1969, but could be wrong - I'm not sure what to make of the "American League Scorebook" footer...

I have no idea what is inside the "R"s on the bank of three logos up top.

royals_logos-1.jpg

Marc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The king in the top right corner looks like it could work if it was touched up a bit. By the way, good find, this is pretty interesting.

Wow. That's a great find - thanks!

Why am I not surprised that they had a Hallmark designer create the logo? This crown would have worked well also:

xhallmarkx.gif

Looking at the logos at the bottom of the page, top row middle:

royals_logos.jpg

Looks a little familiar. :P

nyk39j.jpeg

I've always loved the Royals' shield logo, but hated the emphasis on "R" over the city initials. I think the recent update is a major upgrade for that reason:

AAGR091~Kansas-City-Royals-05-Logo-Cap-and-Glove-Posters.jpg

Wow. That's a great find - thanks!

Why am I not surprised that they had a Hallmark designer create the logo? This crown would have worked well also:

xhallmarkx.gif

budselectlogo.jpg

And AB has the abstract version of the Hallmark logo.

I do think this is a really neat post though. The use of the steer is because the team was named after the American Royal Livestock Show. And yes the logo chosen has stood the test of time. Although a great contest on here would be to modernize one of the logos not chosen.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

They appear to be cattle. Perhaps an homage to the fine KC bbq?

Great find, btw. Looking at the choices, they made the right call. The only one i'd consider would be the lion with flag.

The Royals are named after the American Royal Livestock Show held in Kansas City.

1997 | 2003

They appear to be cattle. Perhaps an homage to the fine KC bbq?

Great find, btw. Looking at the choices, they made the right call. The only one i'd consider would be the lion with flag.

The Royals are named after the American Royal Livestock Show held in Kansas City.

No shirt? Wow, thanks, I guess you do learn somethin' new everyday.

I don't blame them for playing down that reference...

Archived