don't do what Brownback did....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

At least he didn't say DA Bears

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The sad part? It's this gaffe that will end his presidency run. NOT the fact that he doesn't believe in evolution.

God bless America.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

are republicans plain :censored:ing stupid? another genious running for the presidency. <_<

oliphant_3.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

No the fact nobody knows who he was hurt him before the gaffe.

1-The governor was correct. Manning is a better QB and Packer fans are in a coma if they would not rather have him ineach others prime. Unitas, Staubach, Graham, Marino aside, who is better? Rumors even from Jay Glazer have had Favre talking about a trade, so why toast him even in that state. Bart Starr had a better playoff records...j/k. they need to get over it like Steeler fans need to get past the 1970's.

2-Because you are the self-proclaimed, "Trivia Master" you should know who he is. In fact, name the US Presidents in order of serving. That's trivia. I might suggest that you place "Sports" in between those words under yout logon. Even though our primary/caucus process is earlier than ever, if soemone from one of the two major parties declares, I suggest you know who they are and what they stand for. Sadly, I thave a feeling that you (NJ Tank) will just vote for a former state Attorney General and city mayor, regardless of platform and beliefs.

1. George Washington (30 Apr 1789 - 04 Mar 1797)

2. John Adams (04 Mar 1797 - 04 Mar 1801)

3. Thomas Jefferson (04 Mar 1801 - 04 Mar 1809)

4. James Madison (04 Mar 1809 - 04 Mar 1817)

5. James Monroe (04 Mar 1817 - 04 Mar 1825)

6. John Quincy Adams (04 Mar 1825 - 04 Mar 1829)

7. Andrew Jackson (04 Mar 1829 - 04 Mar 1837)

8. Martin Van Buren (04 Mar 1837 - 04 Mar 1841)

9. William Henry Harrison (04 Mar 1841 - 04 Apr 1841)

10. John Tyler (04 Apr 1841 - 04 Mar 1845)

11. James Knox Polk (04 Mar 1845 - 04 Mar 1849)

12. Zachary Taylor (05 Mar 1849 - 10 Jul 1850)

13. Millard Fillmore (10 Jul 1850 - 04 Mar 1853)

14. Franklin Pierce (04 Mar 1853 - 04 Mar 1857)

15. James Buchanan (04 Mar 1857 - 04 Mar 1861)

16. Abraham Lincoln (04 Mar 1861 - 15 Apr 1865)

17. Andrew Johnson (15 Apr 1865 - 04 Mar 1869)

18. Hiram Ulysses (Simpson) Grant (04 Mar 1869 - 04 Mar 1877)

19. Rutherford Birchard Hayes (04 Mar 1877 - 04 Mar 1881)

20. James Abram Garfield (04 Mar 1881 - 19 Sep 1881)

21. Chester Alan Arthur (19 Sep 1881 - 04 Mar 1885)

22. (Stephen) Grover Cleveland (04 Mar 1885 - 04 Mar 1889)

23. Benjamin Harrison (04 Mar 1889 - 04 Mar 1893)

24. (Stephen) Grover Cleveland (04 Mar 1893 - 04 Mar 1897)

25. William McKinley (04 Mar 1897 - 14 Sep 1901)

26. Theodore Roosevelt (14 Sep 1901 - 04 Mar 1909)

27. William Howard Taft (04 Mar 1909 - 04 Mar 1913)

28. (Thomas) Woodrow Wilson (04 Mar 1913 - 04 Mar 1921)

29. Warren Gamaliel Harding (04 Mar 1921 - 03 Aug 1923)

30. (John) Calvin Coolidge, Jr. (03 Aug 1923 - 04 Mar 1929)

31. Herbert Clark Hoover (04 Mar 1929 - 04 Mar 1933)

32. Franklin Delano Roosevelt (04 Mar 1933 - 12 Apr 1945)

33. Harry S Truman (12 Apr 1945 - 20 Jan 1953)

34. Dwight David Eisenhower (20 Jan 1953 - 20 Jan 1961)

35. John Fitzgerald Kennedy (20 Jan 1961 - 22 Nov 1963)

36. Lyndon Baines Johnson (22 Nov 1963 - 20 Jan 1969)

37. Richard Milhous Nixon (20 Jan 1969 - 09 Aug 1974)

38. Gerald Rudolph Ford, Jr. (09 Aug 1974 - 20 Jan 1977)

39. James Earl Carter, Jr. (20 Jan 1977 - 20 Jan 1981)

40. Ronald Wilson Reagan (20 Jan 1981 - 20 Jan 1989)

41. George Herbert Walker Bush (20 Jan 1989 - 20 Jan 1993)

42. William Jefferson Clinton (20 Jan 1993 - 20 Jan 2001)

43. George Walker Bush (20 Jan 2001 - present)

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Letting a little of that presidential geek that created amendment25.com show...

nav-logo.png

beatles_plate.jpg

I'll raise...

elvis.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

1-The governor was correct. Manning is a better QB and Packer fans are in a coma if they would not rather have him ineach others prime. Unitas, Staubach, Graham, Marino aside, who is better? Rumors even from Jay Glazer have had Favre talking about a trade, so why toast him even in that state. Bart Starr had a better playoff records...j/k. they need to get over it like Steeler fans need to get past the 1970's.

2-Because you are the self-proclaimed, "Trivia Master" you should know who he is. In fact, name the US Presidents in order of serving. That's trivia. I might suggest that you place "Sports" in between those words under yout logon. Even though our primary/caucus process is earlier than ever, if soemone from one of the two major parties declares, I suggest you know who they are and what they stand for. Sadly, I thave a feeling that you (NJ Tank) will just vote for a former state Attorney General and city mayor, regardless of platform and beliefs.

Why should I know about him New Jersey Primary is last in the Nation and Proud of it. I'm a Republican I heard of him, but the large population hasn't and weather he is good or not means he has no chance. I would like to see Tom Tancredo have a better shot but he does not.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

He's a Meteorologist? Wow Tank, you are even better than I thought.

The point being that he is giving up a less of a public life for an even less one in running for the Presidency of the United States. this process of having debates this early in the process allows most of us to make informed, choices based on our values. People who take time to read periodicals which you have to hold in your hands (leave the recent smut references/posts alone) or watch something aside from a highlight show know who this man even outside of the state he governs.

Maybe the process is screwed up but Brownbeck has no shot, why should I look him up.

He may be good, but it don't matter nobody knows him so nobody will vote for him.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The sad part? It's this gaffe that will end his presidency run. NOT the fact that he doesn't believe in evolution.

God bless America.

Does believing (or not) believing in evolution make one fit (or unfit) to hold the Presidency? I must have missed the memo that states that you must support a certain theory on the origins of human life in order to be able to appropriately and effectively govern the United States of America.

I'll attempt to pre-empt the "creationism vs. evolutionism" debate by saying that I acknowledge that supporters of evolutionism would argue that it speaks to his ability to act critically and rationally; I will respond by saying that it is unreasonable to expect that all should hold a certain position given any situation where the ultimate answer is in doubt. If his position has not been disproven within a reasonable doubt, why should he be discredited as a legitimate candidate or holding it?

Allow me to restate my wishes that this not become a dissertation on the relative merits of creationism vs. evolutionism. Moderator powers aside, I am not looking to censor anyone or pre-empt a discussion. My own personal views on the matter were part of the motivation for raising the issue, but I would suggest we remain within the confines of Sen. Brownback's Presidential candidacy in discussing how the various issues raised affect his viability as an appropriate "Leader of the Free World".

I understand that the creation/evolution debate is somewhat fundamental to the support/opposition of one of Sen. Brownback's views, but if we would like to address that, it may be more appropriate to do so in another thread - I believe one was created some time ago - and restrain ourselves in this thread. For the purposes of this thread, I personally think it would be more appropriate to discuss its relevance to his quest for the Presidency.

I am not Sen. Sam Brownback, but I still approve of this message. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

1-The governor was correct.

Not a governor, but a U.S. Senator.

And, as a parting shot, evolution is not an "ism." It's a theory that happens to form the basis of much of what we understand to be biologically true. Evolution as an "ism" is a relatively recent creation (and yes, I know that evolution is, relatively speaking, also brand new. And, relativity -- as a theory -- is also pretty fresh. The point? Dunno.).

Anyway, we're all in agreement, yes? Brownback's dead in the water. And another fun fact? He commissioned a painting of himself to hang in his office. Weirdo, huh?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That might make sense if logic defied sentiment... which it clearly doesn't. Browns fans are gonna argue that it was Graham, Cowboys fans are gonna say Staubach, etc.

Yeah, what an idiot! If political candidates don't lie and cater to each crowd they move onto, they're dumb! I want a president who's insincere and spends more time thinking about the little sidenotes within a story instead of the meaning of it!

I understand there's a certain point where you do have to know your surroundings and how to cater to them, but is that really something as a society we should keep impressing on candidates? I mean, it's one thing when it's subconscious that we like candidates that act like they embrace our communities more, but it's another when we conciously realize they're faking it and don't like them because they don't insincerely say our community is the best.

Archived