Official FA Cup Final Thread

goalieboy82

Not sure, to be honest... it's a question of who gets the double (assuming if Chelsea wins, that would be a double). I suppose I want to see Chelsea do it, as the lesser of two evils.

Or as they are calling it on Merseyside - Chelsea v Man Utd "Champions League 3rd/4th place Play-Off" :D

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

who do you think is going to win?

Hopefully whoever I will be cheering for.....

... whenever I figure that out. :D

The Blues better win SOMETHING.

what's the carling cup, then, chopped liver? I hope the Blues go down in horrible flames simply so Cashly Cole can stare at his League Cup medal some more. Little sell out won more at Arsenal than he ever will at Chelsea. as much as I can barely stand each side, at least United play football - and haven't splurged and grossly overpaid superstars to get where they are today.

harperdc.gif

United play football - and haven't splurged and grossly overpaid superstars to get where they are today.

You are joking - Rooney at £28m ,Ferdinand £30m,Saha £12m,Carrick £18m isn't splurging on ordinary players? Mind you I'd love to know how much they paid for refs Graham Poll and Mike Riley! :grin:

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Not sure, to be honest... it's a question of who gets the double (assuming if Chelsea wins, that would be a double). I suppose I want to see Chelsea do it, as the lesser of two evils.

Or as they are calling it on Merseyside - Chelsea v Man Utd "Champions League 3rd/4th place Play-Off" :D

Even as a Man U supporter, I had to laugh at this :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

who do you think is going to win?

Hopefully whoever I will be cheering for.....

... whenever I figure that out. :D

The Blues better win SOMETHING.

what's the carling cup, then, chopped liver? I hope the Blues go down in horrible flames simply so Cashly Cole can stare at his League Cup medal some more. Little sell out won more at Arsenal than he ever will at Chelsea. as much as I can barely stand each side, at least United play football - and haven't splurged and grossly overpaid superstars to get where they are today.

I was speaking more recent. Carling Cup was awhile ago compared to Man U clinching the Premiership and Chelsea getting knocked out of the Champions League just in the past couple weeks.

Chelsea doesn't play football? What am I watching then, baseball? Chelsea is far from the only team who overpays for players. Besides, if you got the money: spend it. :P <3 Roman

there's football, then there's football. Chelsea, Bolton, and a few other teams play clogging, crappy, defensive long-ball-heavy football; Arsenal, Man U, Barcelona, Werder Bremen and Lyon - to name but a few - play more wide-open and have a flowing, attacking style. Hell, even AC Milan have some flair, though they are notorious catenaccio experts.

and the carling cup was this season, so if you're talking about that win being a 'long time ago' than your two premiership titles must be ancient history, and Arsenal's undefeated season must be in the Jurassic period.

Cashley Cole, Shevchenko, Ballack, Boulahrouz, Kalou....all brought in this year; those mentioned for Man U? happened over about four different seasons, with Carrick being the only big spending for them last summer. I'd estimate Abramovich's spending the last three to four years at being roughly $100-120 million per summer; who else would have the wherewithal to spend 40 million pounds on Michael Essien or 30 million on Andriy Shevchenko? Nobody else can do that and make other transfers that same year. Nobody else.

Plus, many of United's stars - Neville, at a prior time Beckham, Giggs, Brown, O'Shea, Scholes, Solskjaer - have either been nurtured at the club or have come directly from their youth team; the closest Chelsea have to that are their West Ham signings, Lampard and Joe Cole.

harperdc.gif

Haha! Have to love it! The real game is gonna be on the 23rd, in Athens! :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Haha! Have to love it! The real game is gonna be on the 23rd, in Athens! :D

Because apparently Rafa Benitez can't count higher than 1, since <Tommy Smyth>Liver-PEWL</Tommy Smyth> can't ever get around to competing in more than one competition per year...

*hides the hubcaps*

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So far, you're the closest, Green Shoe. 0-0 after a colossally boring first half.

EDIT: On the bright side: Hilarious British advertisement. Two opposing players are having a polite conversation in the tunnel when the referee walks by. One puts his hand on the other's shoulder, and the one who's been touched collapses to the ground and moans in pain while looking hopefully at the ref.

So far, you're the closest, Green Shoe. 0-0 after a colossally boring first half.

I turned off Schalke-Bielefeld for this? Boo!

Wake me up when someone decides to try to score. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hopefully we'll get some shots on goal once we reach the penalty shootout.

I'm just waiting for St. Etienne - Marseille three hours from now. L'OM is headed for the Champions League, baby!

Not anymore!

Is this the winner?

Archived