Trenton Devils

slapshot

I know the Trenton Titans were changing their name this upcoming season to the Devils, but I hadn't seen a new logo until now.

mainlogo.jpg

I think there will be a press conference today making it official.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That sucks. I really liked the Trenton Titans' identity, especially since they tied it in with the "Trenton Makes, The World Takes" Bridge.

Another reason to hate the Devils.

philly.png

Golly gee, I wonder what their uniforms are gonna look like... <_<

I still wouldn't be surprised if this is the Devils' new AHL affiliate once everything shakes out.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The ECHL site has the logo as the NJ Devils logo under Trenton. So that looks to be the logo. I guess they are keeping the NJ Devils logo to emphasize Trenton, NJ.

Here is the logo:

971.jpg

Although this could be temporary as they still haven't fully changed over the site. I'm guessing it probably is as it looks like it was done in paint and the colors don't even match.

From the New Jersey Devils website:

renton, NJ (May, 18, 2007) ? The National Hockey League?s New Jersey Devils today re-branded its ECHL affiliate from the ?Trenton Titans? to the ?Trenton Devils.? The team?s new home and road jerseys will feature ?TRENTON? in red across the chest, with a stylized horn in the ?T? and ?N,? along with the familiar New Jersey Devils logo. The announcement was made by Devils? CEO/President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

?The Devils? organization prides itself on two things: consistency and excellence. Our goal is to have all of our players at every level play for the same name and logo,? said Lamoriello. ?We want our players to feel a sense of pride every time they put on their respective Devils? sweaters.?

The Devils will become the only hockey franchise with the same nickname at the NHL (New Jersey), AHL (Lowell), and ECHL (Trenton) levels. Five other NHL teams ? Boston, Dallas, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, and San Jose ? currently share a nickname with their AHL affiliate.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/theteam...enton051807.php

Hopefully they don't use the New Jersey devil's crest. It has an N and a J in it for Scott's sake! Why not a T with horns?

Yeah, it would be weird having the minor-league affiliate of the pro team in the same state to wear the state's abbreviation on its crest as it plays its games in the state's capital city. Completely out of place.

:blink:

That said, major downgrade. The old uniforms were sweet as hell, and the bridge motif was a brilliant idea, brilliantly done. The bridge IS Trenton. This is as derivative and unimaginative as it could possibly get.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I still wouldn't be surprised if this is the Devils' new AHL affiliate once everything shakes out.

I believe Lowell has one more year on their lease. It's a dead team skating...

Marc

I believe Lowell has one more year on their lease. It's a dead team skating...

Marc

I thought I saw something on Silly Season about the Devils getting booted out of Lowell. Just a rumor?

I thought I saw something on Silly Season about the Devils getting booted out of Lowell. Just a rumor?

I forget... I don't pay enough attention to things on SS, even though I'm probably the resident expert on juniors...

Scott needs to update his death pool stats...

It's not just a rumor. The city is trying to transfer ownership of the arena to UMass-Lowell, so they can break the lease of the Devils and kick them out. The Devils don't pay rent for the lease, and all the revenue from advertising and concessions goes to them, so the city isn't making any money from those.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The "O" in Trenton looks like someone forgot to vertically arch it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived