Chicago UHL fold

A123

Chicago Hound of the UHL fold

So what's the UHL down to now? 5 teams?

Should've gone to the ECHL when they had the chance.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

LAKE ST. LOUIS, MO--- The United Hockey League (UHL) announced on Wednesday that a member club, the Chicago Hounds, is ceasing operations immediately. The current ownership chose not to move forward with the operation of the member club due to the lack of a reasonable lease with its home venue, the Sears Centre.

?It is a shame that the Hounds have to close down. I really believe that with reasonable rent and good home dates, the Hounds could have been a very successful franchise,? stated Craig Drecktrah, Chicago Hounds Owner. ?I would like to thank the fans that did come and support us as well as the Hounds? staff for all of their hard work and dedication this past year.?

Reasonable rent would be what, free? The team was drawing 1,900 a night. Allegedly. Putting a third hockey team in Chicago was ill-advised, to say the least. The Hounds were presenting hockey at a lower level, slightly more affordable than the Wolves, at a facility bordering on the boonies. Not a recipe for success. I will give him the schedule bit, though. Seemed like for at least half of the Hounds' home games, the Wolves were also at home that night. Yeah, good luck drawing on those evenings.

Your current UHL lineup:

Bloomington

Flint

Fort Wayne

Kalamazoo

Muskegon

The league can't operate with five teams. And I don't see teams jumping from other leagues to join this mess. Fort Wayne better find its way into the ECHL or CHL pronto, or that refurbished arena is gonna lose its marquee tenant, and Fort Wayne is gonna lose its hockey team after 50+ years. And even if they resurface a season later, I don't know if the fans would be forgiving after being deprived of their Komets for a season because the Frankes wanted to stay in a low-rent league where they could flex a fair bit of muscle.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Whoa... when did they get to five teams? That's insane.

Start of 2006-7 season: 10 teams.

Elmira moves to ECHL

Rockford moves to AHL

Quad City moves to AHL

Port Huron folds

Chicago folds

Welcome to life in the U-Haul, Mockba.

And budbowl, as much as I'd like to see a return of the Danbury Trashers (just a brilliant logo,) it's not likely to happen given the owner's issues with... er... things. You know, things related to his career in "waste management." Ahem.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wonder if the UHL will have to suspend operations as well or fold for good?? I dont see any reason to continue with just 5 freaking teams?? Oh oy..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

For real, Dilbert?? cool..maybe it could work.. but will see how it goes...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The CHL is adding Rapid City, SD for the 2008-9 season. Hmmm... could be a nice litte Midwestern division in the makings there. Still, though, that short season means only 32 home dates. But at this point, what other options are there?

Elmira moves to ECHL

Rockford moves to AHL

Quad City moves to AHL

Port Huron folds

Chicago folds

And budbowl, as much as I'd like to see a return of the Danbury Trashers (just a brilliant logo,) it's not likely to happen given the owner's issues with... er... things. You know, things related to his career in "waste management." Ahem.

Port Huron officially suspended ops and since then the league has been helping the City find a potential buyer. And before a gag order was put in place by the league, a journalist in Fort Wayne mentioned a dispersal draft involving only the Elmira, Rockford, Quad City, and Chicago players and that Port Huron could be up and running with a new owner by the end of the week. There was no mention of an expansion draft.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I'm loving their website: Elite Professional Hockey.

Elite in the way that teams leave.

Might as well have the rest of the UHL fold into the ECHL and have old IHL teams running against other former IHL cities.

Although the CHL does make far more sense.

Trust me, their is nothing elite about the U. I could see why many others saw this as a "goon" league. The owner of the old Riverdogs pretty much put money on the table for guys to fight & don't get me started on Danbury.

baltimoreravens.png

Elmira moves to ECHL

Rockford moves to AHL

Quad City moves to AHL

Port Huron folds

Chicago folds

I know man..It's just me and my buddies would drive out to Danbury like weekly to catch a game.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

The CHL is adding Rapid City, SD for the 2008-9 season. Hmmm... could be a nice litte Midwestern division in the makings there. Still, though, that short season means only 32 home dates. But at this point, what other options are there?

I still have trouble seeing how that would work. It's not close to any U-Haul team, and methinks Wichita is the closest CHL team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived