US Soccer concept

Dave Ship

Ok, here's my idea for the US Soccer team. I was working at the same project at the same time as Gordie Delini does.

A quick description about the logo:

- Brand new shield which is much more modern than the current one;

- Kept the soccer ball and the current color scheme;

- Removed the stars because USA never won a world championship.

Uniform:

- After a quick research I notice US Soccer team was born or at least it really identificate itself with this design. So when I did the research that's what was fitting better for the US Soccer to me;

- Same color scheme, still working a solution to add some gold;

- Old style collar to give more of a traditional look at the uniform;

- Worked on the steams;

- New font.

Please don't comment if you think this is similar Gordie Delini's job because this kind of design has been thought in the early 50's. For example also F.C. Internazionale di Milano had the same design as away kit.

ussoccerlogooe3.png

ussoccergo9.png

ussoccer2ph0.png

gkrj7.png

Thats really nice work!!

I like the badge and the uniforms are tidy with a good design, I could see the national team wearing that. Its actually a good Nike template to use for other teams if your that way inclined

Good work sir, a trophy for ye... :trophy:

sigen.jpg

^I prefer the sash, personally.

Great logo though. This is a very clean and professional concept, and I could easily see the US national team wearing this.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Definitely prefer the first one, but the second isn't horrible - just not something I'd like to see the USMNT in. A club team - maybe, especially one without a lot of tradition. I know that the USMNT doesn't have a concrete uniform tradition, but I like the move we've made away from modern templates.

As for the first concept, love it. Love the collar. Love the sash. Love the consistency.

Only question is what is on the V-neck (for lack of better term) leading up to the collar. Are they buttons? Just curious.

Also, if you're looking for a way to include more gold, what about a number outline in gold on the white and red jerseys? would match the outline of the crest. Just a thought, they are amazing as is.

We are one!

Only question is what is on the V-neck (for lack of better term) leading up to the collar. Are they buttons? Just curious.

Obviously I can't give you beatnik's answer, but most teams use no fastener there at all. Umbro does offer a kick-ass zipper though.

MrAsterisk does reply correctly. Except for that Lion kit I never seen a fastener for a soccer uniform. In the past there were a laces fashion for the collar.

I like the bottom set of kits better. I like the badge, but it seems like too much blue and the same number of white and red stripes bothers me a bit. I think there should be one more red than white, like the flag, perhaps I could get used to it, but it seems off to my eye.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I like the bottom set of kits better. I like the badge, but it seems like too much blue and the same number of white and red stripes bothers me a bit. I think there should be one more red than white, like the flag, perhaps I could get used to it, but it seems off to my eye.

Hi,

I know what you mean but my intention was to keep two different color for both sides. That's why I realize this was the best solution. Anyway, I'll working on new ideas.

Could you explain me what do you exactly mean with "the badge seems like too much blue"? Please.

What I mean by "too much blue" is just that. The blue area overpowers the rest of the crest. So much so that the red and white seem like tertiary colors. There's a lack of balance among the colors in my opinion.

I understand the reasoning for having the stripes they way they are. If you want stripes on the opposite sides be different colors, that's the way it has to be done. I just don't care much for how it looks, but that's me.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Thats a really slick logo you did there! Nice job. I prefer the 1st set, but I'm not much of a soccer guy so what do I know.

Also, on the navy jersey, I'd think white outlined in gold would look better for the numbers/names.

It's all good anyway! :winner:

Untitled-1.png

The more I look at that first set, the more I think they are absolutely perfect. And those keeper kits are gorgeous.

EDIT: Looking at them again, I think the difference for me is the red. Is it just me, or is the red in the second set of kits different than the first set. The first set seems more muted - which I like. The second red reminds me of Poland (especially with an all red/white kit)

We are one!

Ok, here's my idea for the US Soccer team. I was working at the same project at the same time as Gordie Delini does.

A quick description about the logo:

- Brand new shield which is much more modern than the current one;

- Kept the soccer ball and the current color scheme;

- Removed the stars because USA never won a world championship.

Uniform:

- After a quick research I notice US Soccer team was born or at least it really identificate itself with this design. So when I did the research that's what was fitting better for the US Soccer to me;

- Same color scheme, still working a solution to add some gold;

- Old style collar to give more of a traditional look at the uniform;

- Worked on the steams;

- New font.

Please don't comment if you think this is similar Gordie Delini's job because this kind of design has been thought in the early 50's. For example also F.C. Internazionale di Milano had the same design as away kit.

ussoccerlogooe3.png

ussoccergo9.png

ussoccer2ph0.png

gkrj7.png

great stuff like usual & love the old-school sash!!!...but like my art teacher used to say this might sound harsh but, I think the blue is too dark (your blue works as a secondary color but the blue jersey just doesn't work for me) , ditch the gold and I'd like to see the red unis used as the change kit with blue shorts.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived