Barry Bonds is not a jerk!

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happen to agree with the sentiment that he is not, in fact, a jerk.

I mean, he was nice enough to drop that fly ball against the Phillies last month. They ended up scoring a run on that play. That was awfully nice of him. ^_^

philly.png

I happen to agree with the sentiment that he is not, in fact, a jerk.

I mean, he was nice enough to drop that fly ball against the Phillies last month. They ended up scoring a run on that play. That was awfully nice of him. ^_^

... not the mention all those Braves fans who think Bonds was nice enough to throw a ball slower than Sid Bream....

I saw, I came, I left.

Read Game of Shadows.

There is the end of the doubt

You can do better than that, Tnak.

You're a courthouse receptionist....surely you know what'll fly in court and what won't.

You mean ONE piece of evidence is not enough for conviction? I need to talk to my lawyer again....

I saw, I came, I left.

I like Barry Bonds. I like him even more after he seeing how he treats his most dedicated fans.

You'd like him less if you read into how he treats his ex-wife, former girlfriends, etc.

To that extent, if we could read on how MOST people treat their friends, families, etc., we wouldn't like damn near anyone. I'm not defending Bonds at all, but I get sick of people thinking they "know" anyone based on what they read or hear. It's crap and you know it.

So the documentation I read from the Pennsylvania state court system about his fighting the payment of an additional $400/month to his kids, sought just weeks after signing his first megacontract with the Giants, is crap?

So the documentation I've read from state police officials (sorry, don't recall the state but I want to say Arizona for some reason) about how, on 9/11, this humanitarian not only used his pull to get a flight to California when pretty near everyone else was grounded, but left his girlfriend at the airport, giving her $100 and telling her, "You're a big girl... find your own way home" is crap?

So the stories an ex-college friend of mine he used to boff when he was with the Pirates are crap?

Oh, I see. Empirical data and evidence don't apparently mean anything to Bonds apologists. Like O.J., like Benoit, mighty Barry can do no wrong, no matter the reality.

Read Game of Shadows.

You're a courthouse receptionist....surely you know what'll fly in court and what won't.

Aw, c'mon, Hed. You mean to tell me that you're going to use judicial-level scrutiny on his actions? Wow. Talk about head in the sand. By that logic, O.J. didn't do it either, I suppose, and Pete Rose never bet on baseball, admission or no... wow. I didn't realize people like you still existed. If I ever get caught on a CNN live feed as I'm slicing off the head of my next door neighbor, damn, I want you on my jury.

nav-logo.png

Read Game of Shadows.

Aw, c'mon, Hed. You mean to tell me that you're going to use judicial-level scrutiny on his actions? Wow. Talk about head in the sand. By that logic, O.J. didn't do it either, I suppose, and Pete Rose never bet on baseball, admission or no... wow. I didn't realize people like you still existed. If I ever get caught on a CNN live feed as I'm slicing off the head of my next door neighbor, damn, I want you on my jury.

If the only item going against Bonds is a book, I really like my chances of winning if I were Bonds' lawyer.

Books, like any other article and written documentation, can be personally-opinionated. Either these writers will have to divulge their sources (which they've yet to do), or it will get tossed out and not be re-admitted (if I'm correct, evidence that's been dropped can't be re-submitted...someone confirm this).

Don't be an idiot, though. According to the courts, OJ is innocent and Pete Rose is guilty. I don't know why you brought up two closed cases when comparing Bonds....

Ive eaten it my whole life

And it....

....nah, too easy.

A real Neil Hamburger convention here, folks.

Don't bring America's Funnyman into this!

Somehow, I just knew that of all the people in the community, Joel'd be the one to defend Neil Hamburger. Who, ironically, calls San Francisco home, bringing this full circle.

One of my roommates from college took a few years after college to figure out what he wanted to do with his life (ultimately choosing a Ph.D. program, but that's not integral to the story). He moved to San Francisco - Haight Street, no less - to a house that best described as "a continuation of the street... with a flimsy door." Somehow, he met and befriended Neil Hamburger, then subjected the rest of us to hour after stultifying hour of it on a car trip from Montana to Las Vegas one summer. It's so bad it's good.

Yeah, I find Red Meat and Neil Hamburger funny. This stuff writes itself.

OK, sorry for the interruption... back to the pissing contest - Joel and I will be rehashing Neil's OJ Simpson "jokes"...

Even better....

"Anyway...is necrophilia illegal here?

Maybe I should be arrested for all the times I :censored:ed my ex-wife!"

In my eyes, there are two kinds of people. Those that get the joke that is Neil Hamburger, and those that don't. Those that get it, get jokes in general, are generally funny people, and tend to be smarter than the average bear. Those that don't are Dane Cook lovin' dolts.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I honestly want to know what happened to "innocent until proven guilty?"

Folks, he hasn't been proved for anything yet. Yet, everyone has been acting like he has gotten suspended.

I hope he breaks the record so everyone can complain about it.

I don't care if he breaks the record either, but watching the media flip out about it would make it worthwhile...

Granted that's out of a cynical belief that at least half of the players in Major League Baseball are currently on performance enhancers, or have taken them in the past, (which means that if he has taken performance enhancers, all Barry was doing was keeping up with the other fellows) but that's my take.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And it....

....nah, too easy.

Somehow, I just knew that of all the people in the community, Joel'd be the one to defend Neil Hamburger. Who, ironically, calls San Francisco home, bringing this full circle.

One of my roommates from college took a few years after college to figure out what he wanted to do with his life (ultimately choosing a Ph.D. program, but that's not integral to the story). He moved to San Francisco - Haight Street, no less - to a house that best described as "a continuation of the street... with a flimsy door." Somehow, he met and befriended Neil Hamburger, then subjected the rest of us to hour after stultifying hour of it on a car trip from Montana to Las Vegas one summer. It's so bad it's good.

OK, sorry for the interruption... back to the pissing contest - Joel and I will be rehashing Neil's OJ Simpson "jokes"...

Even better....

In my eyes, there are two kinds of people. Those that get the joke that is Neil Hamburger, and those that don't. Those that get it, get jokes in general, are generally funny people, and tend to be smarter than the average bear. Those that don't are Dane Cook lovin' dolts.

... hey.... Rod Stewart has made his way onto the CCSLC....

I saw, I came, I left.

And it....

....nah, too easy.

Even better....

... hey.... Rod Stewart has made his way onto the CCSLC....

It's Van Morrison, you son of a bitch.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If the only item going against Bonds is a book, I really like my chances of winning if I were Bonds' lawyer.

Books, like any other article and written documentation, can be personally-opinionated. Either these writers will have to divulge their sources (which they've yet to do), or it will get tossed out and not be re-admitted (if I'm correct, evidence that's been dropped can't be re-submitted...someone confirm this).

Don't be an idiot, though. According to the courts, OJ is innocent and Pete Rose is guilty. I don't know why you brought up two closed cases when comparing Bonds....

See? Head in the sand. I never mentioned a book. I've never read 'Game of Shadows.' My sources are either DIRECT from a party involved or via police/state documentation. There's no writer's bias involved when you're reading SOURCE DOCUMENTS.

I brought up O.J. and Pete because you have seemed to have tossed out logic and common sense in your defense of Bonds. The guy's a pure, unadulterated scumbucket, and while I personally don't give two :censored:s about him hitting his 756th home run (I gave up on MLB as a whole years ago), I think his fans should have some sense of the type of human being they are supporting.

nav-logo.png

Archived