Port Huron Icehawks

js °

So I saw this post about this new team and their new ... um ... logo ?

icehawks.jpg

Well ... I thought about how cool the name Icehawks could come out visually ... and this idea fought its away out between projects. let me know what you guys think of this for a Port Huron Icehawks identity :

icehawks_id_01.jpg

Excellent concept...I'm a huge fan of the modernized looks so I can't complain too much...I do have one about the "PH" logo...the "P" comes off a little too much like a "D" ....The logo itself is amazing....I'm not sure if I'm just looking for too much in it...but is the logo trying to resemble an "H" or anything...it looks maybe like it's trying to be a "U" but that's probably just me....

Top notch job though as always!!!

CIDesignSig.png

John, I've seen some great concepts from you, but I feel this one could use some work still. I don't feel the hawk is proportionate, and I've seen too many attacking hawks lately - too much a reminder of the atlanta hawks for me. I prefer the hawk head profile - maybe try something in that area?

OD_Signature.jpg

Nice job js ° on the concept. Are the Wings supposed represent a "H" or anything. Just wondering.

In addition: gordie_delini (that was whipped up quick) - hell it looks just as good. Nice job. I think it couls also look good on a football helmet as well as a hockey jersey.

Is there a record for how many times an eagle head logo can hijack a thread because we are probably approaching it :D

I'm digging the more abstract look of js °'s.....maybe that abstract set to a side view or even a blown up straight away of the head....

CIDesignSig.png

Hey John, thats a great job ! I have to say that u got art talent man.

By the way, i saw ur work on the buffalo sabres new design (u called it blue and gold project i think). We all know that the buffaslug won, but i still think that ur concept was waayyy better. Your modernized logos were so great, and the site was very professionnal.

Continue ur great work and im sure that you'll be recognized for it soon.

For those who doesnt know what im talking about, type "John Slabyk blue and gold" in google u should find his concept !!

EDIT : Lol the link is in JB sign !!!

HABS : NEXT BIG THING

higginslz8.png

18 to 25

31 Carey Price --- 73 Michael Ryder

21 Chris Higgins --- 84 Guillaume Latendresse

14 Thomas Plekanec --- 08 Mike Komisarek

46 Andrei Kostystin --- 28 Kyle Chipchura

40 Maxim Lapierre --- 3 Ryan O'Byrne

00 David Fisher --- 24 Sergei Kostystin

84 Corey Locke --- 54 Mikhail Grabovski

Well ... I thought about how cool the name Icehawks could come out visually ... and this idea fought its away out between projects. let me know what you guys think of this for a Port Huron Icehawks identity :

icehawks_id_01.jpg

I really like this, but the bird's head is bugging me a bit. Would it look better with a white head and dark eyes?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback and compliments ... its funny you mentioned a hawk head, cuz i was developing another concept, and scrapped it in favor of this one, which was a bit more about ferocity in an abstract sense than it is about the hawk itself. Also, I feel a bit like hawk heads are the easy route for hawk logos. There are only so many poses to really pull from for a hawk logo, but there should be ways to make each one look unique. I ultimately chose this pose because the ICE idea comes across stronger in it. By the wings appearing as icicles in a way ... it makes the logo more about the jagged aggressive ice wings than the hawk itself.

Regardless .. I also liked this concept and I also addressed some of the comments on the PH lockup ( I agreed with every single comment by the way guys .. thanks for the feedback). let me know what you guys think of this ....

icehawks_id_02.jpg

Also ... I like the quick hawk you did gordie ... but my only thought is that its just an ice colored hawk. I think theres a cool illustration opportunity to make ice and hawk into one full thought, and thats kinda what I hope this is headed towards.

I think i'd reduce the weight of the outermost outline on both logos.

I think the 2 Keylines in the logo that are that thick distracts from some of the excellent details in the hawk head. Also I think reducing it on the PH would make it much more legible.

Maybe reduced in half. Otherwise it looks outstanding.

i thought the first one was pretty much there.

i wouldnt have changed too much of it.

not convinced by the head, there are so many of those type of logos that i guess they all look derivative.

nice stuff though matey.

I'm digging the head!!!! and the mod to the PH is perfectly done!! Excellent job yet again...Making the head the primary and the full hawk the secondary much like the Thrashers do would be perfect...I'm really really loving what you did with the head!!!

CIDesignSig.png

I love your logos js & gd !!!

Wish Port H. would drop the 'dud bird' and buy yours to use.

Wonder work gentle men!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived