Underarmour joins the fray

willieg21

Hello from Maryland, USA.  Don't know if anyone broke this yet, but apparel maker Under Armour (You've probably seen the TV commercial with the football player yelling: "We must protect this house!!!) has signed and exclusive deal with the Univ. of Maryland football team to provide their uniforms for the 2004 season. (Goodbye Nike). So it looks like there's a new kid on the block.  They're supposed to debut this spring.  When I get a pic, I'll post it!

Under Armour will pay the University 2.4 million bucks.

Willie

It's refreshing to see that Maryland has decided to update their time-worn uniforms.  I mean, how long has it been since those old duds have had a facelift.  It's got to be at least 2 years!

:D

How about gray "white-beaters" for unis, with the #s, hand written in red marker?

I hope they keep the "traditional" college look and not go for some 22nd century "JETSON's" look. :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

So how many different companies are making college uniforms for basketball, hockey & football?

At last count, theres Nike (Bauer/Nike too), adidas, Reebok, SportBell, Aeropostale, CCM, Russell Athletic, New Balance and Champion. How many am I missing? Do Starter or Converse still make them? How about And1 and Fila?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, Aeropostale makes UConn's football uniforms.

Yeah I noticed that.  I buy a lot of clothes from them and they have the little "A" logo.  I saw the Huskies play and thought the unis were nice (thought they were made by Nike), but then I noticed the little "A" logo on the sleeve and thought there is no way they make unis.  Well, they do.  Very strange to see this kind of clothing company making college uniforms.  It would be like Abercrombie & Fitch or Eddie Bauer making college unis.  Very strange.

The only thing I don't like about Maryland's current (now former?) uniforms is the helmet.  When your school has a cool logo, you should use it on the helmet and not the script of the nickname or school name.  Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Duke.......please pay attention here.

pflava Posted on Jan. 21 2004,15:49

The only thing I don't like about Maryland's current (now former?) uniforms is the helmet. When your school has a cool logo, you should use it on the helmet and not the script of the nickname or school name. Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Duke.......please pay attention here.

I think Florida and Illinois' helmets are classic though, and both look better than they would with the logo. Maryland's was good too, it will be a shame to see their look go. Oh, and this is a little OT, but why do Maryland and the Ravens both have logos woth the same red-and-white checkers and yellow cross-thingy? Is it just something to do with EAP living there?

Oh, and this is a little OT, but why do Maryland and the Ravens both have logos woth the same red-and-white checkers and yellow cross-thingy? Is it just something to do with EAP living there?

It's based on the Maryland flag.

Archived