What the hell did I just buy?

bterreson

So I was at this store in Seattle with my girlfriend called "Red Light" yesterday.. Its basically a thrift store with all the lame junk filtered out.. so anyways, I came across this baseball jeresy, it fit well, it seemed really nice, and it was only 18 bucks, so I got it.. when I got home I did some research with no luck.. so can anyone help me out?

Here are the pictures..

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

So I was at this store in Seattle with my girlfriend called "Red Light" yesterday..

Your girlfriend is called "Red Light"?

Since you didn't put a smiley there, my guess would be that your reading comphrehension skills suck.

sig1.gif

It might be a Korean jersey. I did a Yahoo search and Bonmax is a clothing company, I think they specialize mainly in Korea.

Wrong Asian country.

They're Japanese.

Look anime freaks! Young Japanese women in uniforms!

*ahem*

Anyway, from the looks of it, it may just be a rec-league uniform, as there's no info for Bonmax in anything referring to pro baseball in Japan from what I've looked at, and in addition, the colours seem to be the exact same as the Yomiuri Giants (Though the shimmer seems to make me think it may be more like the Detroit Tigers), the most dominant team in Japanese baseball.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I have no idea what's up with the jersey there, but just curious, you talking about the store Red Light on like the corner of University Way (the Ave) and like 47th or so?

yeah. cool place.

Hmm...the one in Capitol Hill has less homeless youth surrounding it, so I tend to choose that one. Granted, there are still plenty of homeless, but a little bit older and not as depressing.

Cool jersey, by the way. It reminds me of a softball jersey I bought years ago at a thrift store that said "WORTZMAN" across the front.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was in Red Light a few weeks ago and almost bought that jersey, but instead I got a t-shirt from some police department softball league in NJ that said BUTTMAN and the number 7 on the back.

Well, thanks for not taking the one I got :D .

btw.. what is the best way to clean this jersey?

You bought a jersey without knowing what it is?

I know what it is. Its a :censored:ing awesome baseball jersey that actually fits me.

Do you know who Nakamori is from the Bonmax team? It was at a thrift store, its not like I had the option to leave it there, go home, research who the hell it was, and then go back and get it the next week or order it online.

You bought a jersey without knowing what it is?

I know what it is. Its a :censored:ing awesome baseball jersey that actually fits me.

Do you know who Nakamori is from the Bonmax team? It was at a thrift store, its not like I had the option to leave it there, go home, research who the hell it was, and then go back and get it the next week or order it online.

It's ok dude, it really is...I understand.

:grin:

Anyway, I know that my bro's into Japanese baseball memorabilia, and he occasionally sees jerseys like the one you got on eBay every so often. He says that after looking at your pics, it looks like a minor league Japanese League jersey. He can't identify which team it is, but he said it could even be an amateur team jersey, which often feature their primary sponsor and nothing else.

So, it's a cool jersey man, I probably would have picked one up myself had I seen one similar around here. But in the meantime, it seems like you're getting agitated by some peeps who are just having a little fun with you. B)

what, you mean you can't find stuff in size small? ;)

very cool jersey. I hope to get some slightly offbeat Japanese sports stuff eventually (like when I hopefully live there after graduating...)

harperdc.gif

So I was at this store in Seattle with my girlfriend called "Red Light" yesterday..

Your girlfriend is called "Red Light"?

Since you didn't put a smiley there, my guess would be that your reading comphrehension skills suck.

No, his reading comprehension is fine. Using the grammar in the sentence, chakfu has deduced that Mr.chippert's girlfriend's name is Red Light, which is what the grammar in the sentence seems to imply. This was a clear grammatical mistake on Mr.chippert's part, but the way chakfu read the sentence is absolutely correct.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Archived