a pink and purple concept

leggman01

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I would actually go with a less intense pink. All the colors are so saturated. A liighter pink would give you a little extra contrast.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i'm not sure if i'm there yet...to be honest, i'm not sure that i don't like the first better...i'm gonna sleep on this and take some time away from it, because i've spent 2 hours making just these tweaks...let me know

ballwonk - maybe my execution was just off, but the feather looked VERY forced...so i ditched it

Maybe try using a "flamingos" wordmark placed where the bar would be for the 'f'?

I would actually go with a less intense pink. All the colors are so saturated. A liighter pink would give you a little extra contrast.

good call...what do you think about this pink?

flamingo2ua7.png

i haven't visited this in a while, but i may continue to develop this into something...i've got some ideas

jldesigns404eo.png

I'd move the eye to nestle up under the arch so it acts like a heavy brow.. artistic license here... and maybe that will help some.... I think the current placement feels a little odd.

Otherwise This is cool...

To make that 'F' maybe incorporate a fluffed up set of wing feathers... I know by going to our local zoo that they can work their wings and feathers up into something you can maybe whip around behind the neck to make the 'F'... I dunno...

I like the lines of the very first one. Very sleek.

Personally I wouldd like to see you stick with that and add a dark shape for the eye and front of the beak. A slight tweak of the beak to broaden it might work better. The new ones you show lose their appeal to me. Yes more to the exact nature of the bird but not as cool to look at.

Just my .02

I'd move the eye to nestle up under the arch so it acts like a heavy brow.. artistic license here... and maybe that will help some.... I think the current placement feels a little odd.

Otherwise This is cool...

To make that 'F' maybe incorporate a fluffed up set of wing feathers... I know by going to our local zoo that they can work their wings and feathers up into something you can maybe whip around behind the neck to make the 'F'... I dunno...

when you say "nestle up under the arch" do you mean to bring it back further?

and i've got an idea for the "F"...let's see if i can pull it off, now :)

jldesigns404eo.png

I do like the 'F' idea, but I think it could be done a little better. The flamingo looks amazing don't get me wrong, but the crest seems a little odd. The flamingo is a little off center and that bugs me, also, i think there's too much white space in the crest (maybe make the entire backround of the crest be alternating yellow and white rays or yellow and orange, just a thought).

Those are my ideas, but i think you have done a wonderful job on the flamingo. Keep up the good work.

Also: The outlining on the crest looks a little thin, I would consider either adding another color to the outine or make it thicker.

The bird looks a little mean lol...IMO it would look better if the eyes were done to show happiness ;)

Uhhh... WHY? A sports logo is supposed to look fierce, mean, and intimidating. Not happy and fruity.

The bird looks a little mean lol...IMO it would look better if the eyes were done to show happiness ;)

Uhhh... WHY? A sports logo is supposed to look fierce, mean, and intimidating. Not happy and fruity.

That's not entirely true. See these few teams:

Miami Dolphins

Boston Celtics

St. Louis Cardinals

Cleveland Indians

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That's not entirely true. See these few teams:

Miami Dolphins

Boston Celtics

St. Louis Cardinals

Cleveland Indians

Touche.

flamingo3hd0.png

went with a crest to incorporate a wave as the cross bar of the "F"...maybe it's team in florida...the florida flamingos...who knows

thoughts?

Looking very good. Maybe add some white to the waves to show the crest of the wave and add some depth. I agree with those who also said try moving the eye underneath to make the purple more of a brow over the eye instead of surrounding it.

another update...made the crest a bit shorter to reduce white space and make the logo less vertical - left some room at the top for the team name...just not sure what that will be yet :)

flamingosqc8.png

and here it is with the alternate eye placement...

flamingos2hk5.png

not sure which i like best

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived