Super Bowl Stars

BucsBoy02

I've been looking through the Super Bowl logos on the website, and have enjoyed some of the insightful "facts" posted. For example, I've learned the following about Super Bowl 42:

This Logo Really Sux!!! We're in the year 2007, not 1971! It looks like it was drawn by a 2 year old.

Posted by Bubba J on February 18, 2007

i think that the design itself isnt bad but i think that the colors should be changed because they suck

Posted by Barbra Bush on February 18, 2007

Wow... that's one of the worst Super Bowl logos in a long time. Disappointing.

Posted by Jordan on February 18, 2007

The turqoise color for the roman numerals are supposed to represent the native american heritage throughout arizona.

Posted by Tyler on February 18, 2007

It is a great logo

Posted by Football Fan on February 18, 2007

So good to know the former First Lady's opinion on the matter.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Your thread title made me think of World Cup stars, which nations incorporate into their patch to represent how many World Cups they have won.

For example, England has won 1 World Cup and Brazil has won 5:

England_National_Team.PNG100px-Brazil-CBF.gif

I think I might like to see something like this in the NFL. It would have to be all or nothing, though. I.e. If only the Steelers did it, it would suck.

Your thread title made me think of World Cup stars, which nations incorporate into their patch to represent how many World Cups they have won.

For example, England has won 1 World Cup and Brazil has won 5:

England_National_Team.PNG100px-Brazil-CBF.gif

I think I might like to see something like this in the NFL. It would have to be all or nothing, though. I.e. If only the Steelers did it, it would suck.

A North American "scudetto"? The stars would be crowding out the logos of the Celtics, Canadiens, and Yankees, that's for sure.

I think the only franchise in the four "majors" who has a uniform feature dependent on the number of championships won is the New York Islanders with those shoulder stripes.

Now, as for soccer, I'd like to see crest stars limited to the competition at hand. Only during FIFA men's senior world cup qualifying and the tournament finals should Brazil wear five stars, Italy four, Germany Argentina and Uruguay two, England and France one each.

In the U-20 men's cup, Argentina should have five stars, Brazil four, Portugal 2, while Spain and Germany get one each. The former republics of Yugoslavia and Russia can fight over one star each.

When it comes to footballing nations, Germany has it right; the men have three stars over their Deutcher FussballBund patch; the women have one.

I also think the Olympics should be the same way: England and Hungary should have three gold stars each.

A North American "scudetto"? The stars would be crowding out the logos of the Celtics, Canadiens, and Yankees, that's for sure.

Point of clarification: the stars are NOT the scudetto. The scudetto is the little shield that the Serie A champion wears the season immediately following a league title. The stars are then placed over the club badge the season after the team wears the scudetto.

And we could always do what most European leagues do, and only affix stars after [X] number of championships (i.e. 5 World Series titles = 1 star, so the Yanks get 5, the Cardinals 2...), or go with many different stars, as other leagues do (i.e. 10 titles = 1 gold star, 5 titles = 1 silver star, 1 title = 1 bronze star, so the Yankees get 2 golds, 1 silver, 1 bronze...) For the sake of uniformity, it'd have to go on MLB cap logos, NFL helmets (the front???), NBA jerseys (above the NBA logo), and NHL crests (or helmets???)

Now, as for soccer, I'd like to see crest stars limited to the competition at hand. Only during FIFA men's senior world cup qualifying and the tournament finals should Brazil wear five stars, Italy four, Germany Argentina and Uruguay two, England and France one each.

That's unfair to Uruguay, who won the world's biggest soccer tournament at that time - the Olympics - before the World Cup was ever invented, which is why they wear 4 stars.

When it comes to footballing nations, Germany has it right; the men have three stars over their Deutcher FussballBund patch; the women have one.

Without thinking too hard about it, isn't Germany the only nation with this issue? None of the other Women's World Cup winners have also won a Men's World Cup IIRC...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived