Will Bonds see any pitches in his next home games?

buildingmaint

Since MR Bonds was nice enough not to break the home run record in Milwaukee. Do you think he will see any pitches in his next seven home games? I hope he hits one and has to go on the road to break the record.If you were a pitching to Bonds in a non game on the line situation would you throw him a meat ball just to let him get the record on the road?

*completely unnecessary inflammatory language"

My only hope is that folks don't afford you the same feelings when you pass on.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'll be mad if it happens in his next 3 games...only because it happened against the Braves.

So yeah, the only record I wanna see broken this week is the ejection record & Bobby Cox becoming the thumb king.

If I'm throwing to Bonds, I'm thrwoing at Bonds.

I'll hit him in the knees and then he'll be done for the year.

The intentional injury of a player, no matter how deplorable he is, is never acceptable.

Let him break the record at home. Alex Rodriguez will be the HR king in a few years anyway, rendering the whole Bonds hysteria moot.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

If I'm throwing to Bonds, I'm thrwoing at Bonds.

I'll hit him in the knees and then he'll be done for the year.

The intentional injury of a player, no matter how deplorable he is, is never acceptable.

Let him break the record at home. Alex Rodriguez will be the HR king in a few years anyway, rendering the whole Bonds hysteria moot.

And as much as I dislike him, I hope he does it in a Red Sox uniform. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

You cannot be afraid of him breaking a record, any sort of record, even if it's THE record.

You can't walk him every time he comes to the plate. If the situation dicates it, pitch around him / walk him. If not, you gotta go at him.

Just because you give him pitches to hit doesn't mean he's going to crush him every time.

philly.png

I wouldn't want my name linked to his for all eternity.

I'd throw him as much unhittable garbage as I could get away with depending on the game situation and probably walk him every time. I don't think I'd go out of my way to put one in his ear, but it's also not going anywhere near his bat either.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd try to pitch at him. Not that any of my throws would be strikes, (my aim is so bad, I'm the only person whose childhood "broke-window-with-baseball" story came when I was pitching) but I'd pitch to him.

If I was managing, I'd still pitch to him. Worst thing that happens is he hits #754, 755, and 756 and after doing so, does a great service to humanity by getting ESPN to shut up about it. Dude hasn't been hitting that well as of late, why give him a free base?

As suggested above, A-Rod or Pujols will probably have this record some day, so it's not like he'd hold it for long.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived