Argos to unveil third jersey

pjinners

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit all, if they do this up right, I'm gonna have to buy one. Farewell, sweet paycheck.

*Hopes for Columbia blue socks*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's Cambridge blue, by the way. The original colour scheme, resurrected a couple of seasons ago, is Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue. It's a reference to the colours worn by rowers at those two upper-crust British schools and relates to the fact that the Argonauts were a spinoff (around 140 years ago) of the Argonaut Rowing Club.

To me, it seems like a great idea.

Why not throw in a 3rd? Can't be worse than that ugly gold color deal the Blue Bombers have.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Why not throw in a 3rd? Can't be worse than that ugly gold color deal the Blue Bombers have.

The Bombers' gold thirds are the class of the league, champ. Period.

Weren't these Argos thirds in the works since the complete league redesign, or are these completely new?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As long as the Als don't wear their hideous BLACKs against the Argos light blue...

Als should go back to the original and call it an "Heritage" match...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

By original, you mean green and red, right? :D

Le Derrière Perdu...

(Butt off-Course!)

Although you have to admit that the "lower-case a-bird" logo is cheesy... big cheese.

My favourite Als logo is the triangle one...

ah! Dalla Riva, Ah You, Arakgi, Sweet...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I heard the Argos' owner on the radio last night and he said that the jerseys will be light blue (no surprise). He then made a point to add that they will incorporate colors from the team's past. What the hell does this mean? Seafoam green? Red (yes, the Argos had a tiny bit of red at one point in the early 90s). I am praying that he simply misspoke.

By original, you mean green and red, right? :D

Le Derrière Perdu...

(Butt off-Course!)

Although you have to admit that the "lower-case a-bird" logo is cheesy... big cheese.

My favourite Als logo is the triangle one...

ah! Dalla Riva, Ah You, Arakgi, Sweet...

Cheesy by today's standards, yes, but in the 50s and 60s, that was the height of clever design, mon ami.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You have to be kidding....

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

While I was a huge fan of the Argonauts returning to their "Double Blue" roots, the team's decision to jettison the "Argo Warrior" logo was a major mistake. As a result, I haven't purchased jerseys since the switch. I proudly sport my "Argo warrior" personalized, authentics.

I bought an Argos T-shirt at a store in Winnipeg on one of my visits to Canada simply for the "Jason Argonaut" logo (That was what I called it, anyway...I don't know if he actually had a name).

Going to just the shield makes the logo boring. Jason, the Tiger Cat and the Stamps' logo are the only ones in the CFL that suggest action to me (The Alouette appears to me as though he's just trying to push something out of the way despite the lines in the logo).

Interestingly, what people are calling the "seafoam" of the "Jason" era logos/uniforms is closer to the traditional Cambridge blue than the sky blue used as the accent colour these days. There's more about the colour and its history in this Wikipedia article.

The game is on TSN at 7et/4pt tonight, and it'll be streaming at tsn.ca. I think non-Canadians will need to use freeproxy.ca to access it because of rights issues.

You have to be kidding....

Not at all. It's the only 3rd in the league (so far) that isn't a recolored version of the home, and isn't a recolored version of an NFL jersey. It's a simple, clean, classic jersey, and in my books, that goes a long way; judging by local fan sales and player popularity, a lot of Bomber faithful feel the same way.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not at all. It's the only 3rd in the league (so far) that isn't a recolored version of the home, and isn't a recolored version of an NFL jersey. It's a simple, clean, classic jersey, and in my books, that goes a long way; judging by local fan sales and player popularity, a lot of Bomber faithful feel the same way.

I'd agree with you, but I don't care for that number font in the least, and the jersey itself is one of those "Oh, it's a throwback, but not really, because we're too lazy to focus on the details, now buy it anyway" deals.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived