Argos to unveil third jersey

pjinners

I believe every team now has a third jersey.

Alternates

TiCats: Yellow

Blue Bombers: Gold

Alouettes: Black

Lions: Black

Argos: Columbia Blue

Rough Riders: Black

Stamperders: Black

Eskimoes: Yellow

Fixed.

And spyboy, the Blue did use a similar font back in the 50s (I believe)...and the Bombers have never claimed for it to be a true throwback, rather, a classically-inspired jersey with various retro elements.

Either way, it's still better than some of the abortions that some of the other teams (Edmonton, Hamilton, Riders) have worn.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at all. It's the only 3rd in the league (so far) that isn't a recolored version of the home, and isn't a recolored version of an NFL jersey. It's a simple, clean, classic jersey, and in my books, that goes a long way; judging by local fan sales and player popularity, a lot of Bomber faithful feel the same way.

Or if you have Dish Net or Directv sports pak (like me) you can see the game on Altitude.

Speaking of which

argos.jpg

nothing spectacular but it's look is ok i guess

Actually PATHETIC!!! :cursing:

If you're gonna go RETRO, GO RETRO...

Don't give me a b^(($h!t Reebok recolouration...

Absolutely shameful (like the refering...)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I fully agree. I was expecting to see a retro uni, not the SAME uni with inversed blues. It doesn't look horrible but it isn't great either.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Speaking of retro, my biggest disapointment is that they never came up with a modernized floating football logo like this one:

TOR_1508.gif

Speaking of retro, my biggest disapointment is that they never came up with a modernized floating football logo like this one:

TOR_1508.gif

The only thing that came remotely close was the Argonauts' secondary logo of the "Argo Warrior" era...

Argossecondary.jpg

Granted, it wasn't a "floating football". Still, IMHO, the two modern logos made for a damned fine identity package. If memory serves me, this secondary wasn't used on much besides t-shirts.

While we're on the subject, I'm also a big fan of the direction Phil (of the CCSLC and Kinetic Identity Design) took his Toronto Argonauts' logo concept in...

Toronto%20Argonauts%20Logo.gif

TOR_1508.gif

How about the mid-90s one???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I was at the game and thought they looked pretty good, actually. I don't think the team ever said they were going retro, so I didn't expect retro.

I don't know why anyone would complain that they are essentially the same as the navy jerseys but with the colors reversed (they have an added side panel, but that's a very minor detail). To me, that's a good thing. It's way better than the Ticats 3rd jerseys which have red added (despite the fact that it's not a team color) and Broncos stripes for no reason at all.

I was at the game and thought they looked pretty good, actually. I don't think the team ever said they were going retro, so I didn't expect retro.

I don't know why anyone would complain that they are essentially the same as the navy jerseys but with the colors reversed (they have an added side panel, but that's a very minor detail).

Deep down, I knew they weren't going retro, but all the side panel means is that they are now wearing a recolored, ACCURATE Patriots templated jersey instead of the half-assed recolored Patriots templated jersey they normally use.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They had the football boat where the football was actually brown--that's updated from the one posted above--and it looks better--that's the one that actually was on the helmets.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'll be going to this game tomorrow night. I'll post some pics when I get back.

I won't bother posting pics cause other have beat me to it. I thought the jerseys were much better than what I expected.

The problem with saying the Argos were going retro is....have the Argos ever used Cambridge blue as they're primary colour? I honestly don't know, cause I have only seen Toronto using Oxford blue more than Cambridge. That is only since '79 though.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Mitchelllightblue390x301.jpg

There's a navy side panel? Ehh. Double "ehh" for going navy pants/navy socks. I do like the white numbers and the switch to two-color numbers - if it had gone white/light blue/navy, the look would have been muddled. And I completely missed the Als getting red pants, which also merit an "ehh" for getting paired with red socks - I might like them with blue socks.

And Lamicus, thanks for the added info on the Bombers' thirds. I had thought they were a throwback attempt, instead of a 75th anniversary commemorative. I still don't care for them, but I do like the "1" they use.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I won't bother posting pics cause other have beat me to it. I thought the jerseys were much better than what I expected.

The problem with saying the Argos were going retro is....have the Argos ever used Cambridge blue as they're primary colour? I honestly don't know, cause I have only seen Toronto using Oxford blue more than Cambridge. That is only since '79 though.

I don't have pics handy, but yes, they wore an all-Cambridge blue set (jerseys and pants) at home in the mid 70s...

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

To me, it seems like a great idea.

Why not throw in a 3rd? Can't be worse than that ugly gold color deal the Blue Bombers have.

The Bombers' gold thirds are the class of the league, champ. Period.

You have to be kidding....

Not at all. It's the only 3rd in the league (so far) that isn't a recolored version of the home, and isn't a recolored version of an NFL jersey. It's a simple, clean, classic jersey, and in my books, that goes a long way; judging by local fan sales and player popularity, a lot of Bomber faithful feel the same way.

Touche, they are much nicer in respect to the fact that they aren't just re-colorizations. I just can't help but think of Goldmember when I see them. To make matters worse, my dad who was born in Winnipeg has one and love to wear the thing all the time!

As for the Argos 3rd, I was disappointed. They really just changed the main color and that's extremely boring, they didn't even switch the color of the pants!!! Though I'll still go on record saying "this looks better than the white jersey".

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

argos.jpg

Just noticed this: is the Als player toward the bottom center of the shot wearing number zero?

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

argos.jpg

Just noticed this: is the Als player toward the bottom center of the shot wearing number zero?

Sho' look like it.

COOL!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Very cool. After having never seen one before, this guy's the second #0 I've seen in football this year. The other was Scotty Robinson, a receiver for the Grand Rapids Rampage. Both wearing a great number on excellent jerseys.

Archived