North Texas new unis

vicfurth

Years ago North Texas's helmets had what I thought was a great logo: a stylized eagle with a circle in the middle containing the "NT" monogram. I always thought that logo looked much better than just a script "North Texas."

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

It makes sense. A new coach brings in a new uniform for a new "tradition". I am so glad that Mark Dantonio only chose minor changes for Michigan State that have added up for a huge improvement. Details mean a lot to people here.

I thought North Texas created a cool word mark that was hard to read on their green helmets. I think they'll look sharp.

PS - I love when Pantone posts those early 80's photos. Go fighting apples!

Everyone loves a roundel.

...oh, and here's the new helmet:

32219.jpg

Are you sure, because the picture in the paper had the helmet stripes reversed.

I got that right off of the UNT athletics website - straight from the link you provided.

Well then North Texas has already confused everyone because the drawing of the helmet is black-green-black and the photo on the website has green-black-green...

We'll have to wait for August 4th I guess...

:unsure:

Ah...my alma mater.

Nothing beats the unis that NT wore when I started going there:

NorthTexasSched1980.jpg

NorthTexasSched1982.jpg

Wow.... So is that what set you off on your color crusade? To keep sports teams from using such atrocious combinations ever again?

Oddly enough, they have a sort of "USFL" feel to them.

Especially since that helmet logo kinda sorta looks like the Washington Federals.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

PANTONE, I actually went there for two years as part of a sort of high school/college program. I loved it, lived in McConnell Hall, ate at Bruce cafeteria, frequented Bari's Oak Street Tavern on occasion and took a walk to Golden Triangle Mall before my friends had cars.

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

PANTONE, I actually went there for two years as part of a sort of high school/college program. I loved it, lived in McConnell Hall, ate at Bruce cafeteria, frequented Bari's Oak Street Tavern on occasion and took a walk to Golden Triangle Mall before my friends had cars.

I lived in Bruce Hall for four years. No A/C back then...August and September were interesting months to live in a non-air conditioned dorm in Texas...

Worked at the Sears at the Golden Triangle Mall for a while as well.

To address some other issues:

1. darkhaha - yes, they wore those helmets directly after the Hayden Fry-designed "Flying Worm" unis.

2. JBPerry and Sodboy13 - The "Flying Worm" logo predates the Washington Federals...maybe I should say that they "inspired" the Federals...

3. hecticbro - my obession with colors had already taken over my brain before I went to NTSU (that's what it was called when I went there).

Archived