Staal Brothers Arrested In Minnesota

cleckie

Here is the link TSN.ca Story

TSN.ca Staff with files from Raleigh News and Obse

7/25/2007 3:33:16 PM

Carolina Hurricanes' centre Eric Staal and younger brother, Pittsburgh Penguins' Jordan Staal, were among 14 people arrested in Cook County, Minnesota Monday after the elder Staal's bachelor party got out of hand.

Both brothers were charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process, while Jordan was also charged with consumption of alcohol while under 21 years of age. Eric's agent, Rick Curran, said he expected the misdemeanor charges to be reduced or dismissed.

According to a statement released by the Cook County Sheriff's office, after the Sheriff's office received complaints about "screaming, yelling and playing loud music," the group of about 20 was warned "multiple times" before it was ordered to leave the resort by Sheriff's deputies, a Minnesota State Patrol trooper and a U.S. Border Patrol agent at 3 a.m. Monday.

"After leaving the property, the group gathered on Highway 61 and began harassing passing motorists," the Sheriff's office said, at which point 14 members of the group were arrested at approximately 4 a.m. Eric Staal was one of 10 people to spend the night in jail.

Eric Staal scored 30 goals and picked up 40 assists last season while brother Jordan, a Calder trophy finalist, had 29 goals, 13 assists and lead the league in shorthanded goals.

ZOMG, DEY SHUD B SUSPINDID!!!11one DEY CLEERLY HAFF KNOW RESPEK 4 DA LAWZ!!!elevenandahalf

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ZOMG, DEY SHUD B SUSPINDID!!!11one DEY CLEERLY HAFF KNOW RESPEK 4 DA LAWZ!!!elevenandahalf

Ok.... :blink:

I'm not sure if you're in favour of the two being suspended or not....

Anyway, yes, they do need to be disciplined by their respective teams. IMO this incident isn't at a level where the NHL needs to get involved (like say running a dog fighting ring or getting into shootouts outside of strip clubs), but the teams involved need to take disciplinary action. Just as with any pro sport, playing hockey for a living is a privilege, not a right. The 'Canes and Pens need to make that clear.

Not really. I don't see much coming from this. It sounds like the law enforcement-types gave them every chance to avoid this outcome and they kept effing around. I see some minor fines as a sentence from the county and maybe a talking to from their respective teams, but it is a bachelor party and this is America; it's expected if not required.

Freaking thugs, the lot of them!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

F-in' Canucks tinkingne dey rule de worlde, hey!

Maybe they should trade Jordan to the Habs where he will be of drinking age...

Seriously!!! 10 to 1 this is "reversed celebrity treatment".

I don't know anyone WHO HADN"T BROKEN ANY PROPERTIES, who have ever been booked for disorderly conduct in an hotel...

They knew who the kids were, and were looking for publicity...

I bet the lines are ringing at the resort - you can't buy that kind of publicity...

The Kid can come have a drink with me in my basement any time (not ANY kid... the Staals...)

Now that I think of it, where the heck was Marc???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Ok.... :blink:

the teams involved need to take disciplinary action. Just as with any pro sport, playing hockey for a living is a privilege, not a right. The 'Canes and Pens need to make that clear.

but NOT a Handicap... if you can't drink in an hotel room... Come on...

Read the statement: Eric and Jordan had gone back to their room to sleep...

@Frenchie_TO

Now that I think of it, where the heck was Marc???

Probably working on getting ready for the NHL season cuz he doesn't have that big NHL paycheque coming in yet. :P

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Does anyone realise that Jordan is 18... therefore not even legal to drink in the states OR in Ontario??? I think for that reason alone he will get in more hot water than his older, legal brother. I can see the Pens stepping in and putting him in a "Alcohol Knowledge and Use" (aka REHAB) kind of program to promote the fact they care about their players in their personal lives... and don't want a second coming of Theo Fleury.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Does anyone realise that Jordan is 18... therefore not even legal to drink in the states OR in Ontario??? I

Damn right... couldn't he wait the 50 days left 'til his birthday? But wait... he'll be intraining camp at that time....

I don't know about you, but I was a model teen, mama's boy and all, and I was about 2 months short of my 18th birthday (legal age in La Belle Province) when I had my first party with the boys, drinking...

BTW, the report I saw from their agent was differnt from this one stating they were harassing motorists...

I think they should have offered the Sheriff "2 Billion Dollars" if he let them go...

p.s.: I don't see Stag Parties as a special event at Lutsen...

p.p.s.: The more I think of it, the more it infuriates me that they were kicked out of the resort to start with...

Hear me here: they did the responsible thing when you want to party: you go to a (fairly) secluded place where you can sleep over, unlike guys who go pub crawling, then crawl into their new sports car and wrapped them around a pole ending up killing your best friend.... :cursing:

@Frenchie_TO

I don't know about you, but I was a model teen, mama's boy and all, and I was about 2 months short of my 18th birthday (legal age in La Belle Province) when I had my first party with the boys, drinking...

I had my first drinking experience 2 months after I turned 19, so before then I would be the sober friend when I went to the rare "jam" my friend was holding for a birthday or whatnot. I always thought it would be more fun to be able to go out and drink than be held up in someones house having to beg people of age to buy booze or pay buttloads of money for a fake id that had no gaurentee of working. I am glad I waited... even though my tolerance is not as high as most of my friends, lol.

Anyways, I hope Lindsay Lohan isn't Jordan's role model and that he actually curbs his ways from this point out and learns a lesson before its too late.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I wonder if any of the motorists stopped after realizing Eric Staal was screaming at them... :P

I also wonder if this is bad enough for Staal to be off the cover of NHL 08, probably not though...

.... well instead of him playing hockey, the cover will now feature his mugshot.....

I saw, I came, I left.

Had they only gone drinking in Winnipeg, like so many other underage Minnesotans, all of this could have been avoided.

So that's what Winnipeg is for.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Had they only gone drinking in Winnipeg, like so many other underage Minnesotans, all of this could have been avoided.

Exactly. It's a bigger, colder Windsor, but with worse strip clubs.

Exactly. It's a bigger, colder Windsor, but with worse strip clubs.

That's why I moved to Vancouver. The strip clubs.

..mmmmm....Muggs & Juggs......

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived