Contest!

TobinCEO

Ok im working on my logo but with my scanner dead and me being weak of mind when it comes to photoshop or illustrator its a slow process.

I will say that the one name idea I have thats bouncing around my head is "Rapid City Frontier" And the one version I have for the logo is a "Logger" holding and axe over the team name with maybe a shooting star over his right shoulder. It's not much but it's a start for now.

Rapid City RiverRats

Except that's not a river that runs through Rapid City. It's a creek -- Rapid Creek. But it's a pretty wild creek.

Somewhere out there, an idiot with a P.R. degree is prepping his idea for the "Rapid City Kreek Katz."

Shudder.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

According to the CHL website the Rapid City ownership group will be announcing a "name the team" contest later this month so maybe one of the designs created here will get picked

www.rapidcityprohockey.com

I was gonna say Rapid City Empty Seats (nice ring to it)... don't think they'll go for it.

However, apparently Rapid City is "the city of presidents". This has something to do with Mt. Rushmore I guess.

Rapid City Rush was suggested, I think, and that's not a bad idea.

Rapid City Presidents is kinda lame.

Rapid City Draft Dodgers? No...

Rapid City Chiefs... I kinda like that. Too racist against Native Americans? Probably.

But my pick would have to be the Rapid City Stars... or you know, something real American.

thecatch.jpg

• 1 month later...
The team will be the Rapid City Rush in 2008. Logo to come soon.

I see....Presidents...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 1 month later...
The team will be the Rapid City Rush in 2008. Logo to come soon.

I see....Presidents...

I....am good.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived