Fun With PANTONE Textiles!

TruColor

I've got an hour or so to kill, so I wondered if any of you online wanted to revive my Pantone Textiles game.

If any of you remember, this is a game where I list the color descriptions - taken from the actual Pantone Textile colors - for a team, and you guess which team it belongs to.

I still only have complete sets of these colors for the MLB, NFL and NBA (along with the WNBA and D-League)...the NHL doesn't really provide them (although I have a couple of older sets).

Here's an example to start:

Mazarine Blue

Golden Poppy

Ceramic

Silver (alt. - Gray Violet)

Skipping the White in most cases (usually "Bright White"), you would try to determine which team this set belongs to.

Here's the answer - it's the New York Islanders (from 1995-1996 through 1997-1998):

"Mazarine Blue" - NEW YORK ISLANDERS BLUE

"Golden Poppy" - NEW YORK ISLANDERS ORANGE

"Ceramic" - NEW YORK ISLANDERS TEAL ("Atlantic Green")

"Silver" - NEW YORK ISLANDERS SILVER

"Gray Violet" - NEW YORK ISLANDERS ALT. SILVER

If anyone wants to play - let me know. Remember, I will only pick teams from the MLB, NFL, NBA, WNBA or D-League, no more NHL (unfortunately).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey - I'm still here for a bit. My niece is in town from Minnesota, and my wife and I are running around trying to keep her busy. We're driving up to Breckinridge in a little while, so I still have a bit more time.

Here's the first one:

Mood Indigo

True Red

Golden Glow

Go.

Archived