2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

wrong,thats pretty much similar to what the avs will wear. give or take a few select mods and logos. Its not a few tweaks here or there, its jersey makeover. Gone is the mountain template, in is the similar lake erie template.

Great_Lakes_Lake_Erie.png

409278fd7bf2efa2c2330bf540b672aa.300.jpg6eb3d4ef16c21fd971588d27db527283.300.jpg

I don't see it.

Just playing devil's advocate and assuming you're not joking... those are Lake Erie Monsters jerseys, a new AHL team.

Not sure if this is anything, but I picked this up from the Avs site. Is that a piece of the new jersey or something else. I can't really tell.

SeasonTix320x165_2.jpg

Is it me or is secondary logo overlapping some stripes/piping? Maybe I'm just picturing their old ones wrong...

Toronto Maple Leafs should have there color red not blue. They should change that.

Their colors have always been blue and white (or at least as far back as I can remember). Why should they change now?

They were green and brown once... at the same time.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toronto Maple Leafs should have there color red not blue. They should change that.

Their colors have always been blue and white (or at least as far back as I can remember). Why should they change now?

There was never any brown, unless you're refering to the beige or off-white to be more exact...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I know this may be a tad OT, but still odd none the less and somewhat uniform related. I grabbed this pic from the Toronto Star this morning and it shows Toskala in a sweet looking mask and an in-side-out practice jersey. So now I'm thinking, is this some weird thing he likes to do and did back in San Jose or is there something else at foot, such as the rumoured tweeked crest on the other side? Mind you it looks the same size as the previous crests, unless as fortold, the font was somehow modified... I guess time will tell. IMO, I had been hearing for the past while that the font had been altered slightly... so this may reinforce that rumor or if someone can confirm, this is something he did with San Jose and is just some weird quirk.

270298_3.JPG

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There was never any brown, unless you're refering to the beige or off-white to be more exact...

Oops, I guess it was just the crudeness of their throwbacks a few years ago:

53015422.jpg

Oops, I guess it was just the crudeness of their throwbacks a few years ago:

53015422.jpg

Yah... if they had gone with the more beige colour it would have looked much, much better. Well, that and normal tanned leather gloves, not brown ones...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Edge.gif

I understand the bashing of the Penguins/Sens/Lightning template, but can someone who is more articulate about this sort of thing please explain to me what's so similar about these two jerseys?

Look at the sleeves and piping.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I understand fans liking or disliking changes made to their teams uniforms. Fans emotionally attach themselves to their teams and a jersey helps with that attachment. Fans want their teams to not only play good but to also look good. I get that. But the constant whining about all of the unis looking the same is what is driving me crazy. Throughout the history of the league teams have pretty much used the same template. If you go to nhluniforms.com and look at the 75-76 season you will see that half of the teams away (dark) jerseys all use the same template. The only difference in them is either the color or some piping (sound familiar?). Philadelphia had their own design and that was pretty much it. The Seals must have been inspired by UCLA by the way. The point is that with a few exceptions most uniforms are going to be similar in nature but the similarities are magnified this year because of most everyone changing/altering their unis at one time and we are all waiting to pounce to see if "our" team looks better than everyone else. If you don't like your teams new look fine, that's your opinion. But to say you don't like them because they look like everyone else? There's a good chance their old unis looked like everyone else.

Now that I'm done preaching I personally don't like the unnecessary piping, not a fan of the number on the front, and hope the Stars new unis don't suck. I feel like Calgary's are the worst, Vancouver's would be a whole lot better if it didn't have VANCOUVER plastered across them, the Islanders for some reason I'm starting to like (I know that blows any credibility), and I personally think Boston's is the best.

Thank you for your time.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

Well why is the maple leafs colors blue? First maple leafs are red. And Toronto is in Canada so they should represent there country color which is red...

It's a common misconseption that the Toronto Maple Leafs were named after the flag of Canada. There were in fact named after another hockey team (and intercounty baseball club) whose play had impressed Conn Smythe to the point he wanted to use their name for his club. It helped that his regiment in the Canadian Army (not yet 'Canadian', it was still an extension of the British Armed Forces) wore Maple Leaf patches as well.

In the 1920's, it would have made no sense to use red and white for the national colours...because the Canadian Flag was not adopted until 1965. The Leafs predate our flag by 38 years. Prior to it, Canada used variations of the Union Jack (similar to what Ontario currently uses) which included Red, White and Blue (meaning that Montreal in fact was using the 'national colours' to match their 'Canadiens' moniker)

So there you have it. The Leafs weren't red and white because Canada didn't adopt those colours until 38 years later. In that amount of time, why change? The Blue and White had become their persona by that time. red is hte primary colour of their lifetime rival Montreal.

Well why is the maple leafs colors blue? First maple leafs are red. And Toronto is in Canada so they should represent there country color which is red...

It's a common misconseption that the Toronto Maple Leafs were named after the flag of Canada. There were in fact named after another hockey team (and intercounty baseball club) whose play had impressed Conn Smythe to the point he wanted to use their name for his club. It helped that his regiment in the Canadian Army (not yet 'Canadian', it was still an extension of the British Armed Forces) wore Maple Leaf patches as well.

In the 1920's, it would have made no sense to use red and white for the national colours...because the Canadian Flag was not adopted until 1965. The Leafs predate our flag by 38 years. Prior to it, Canada used variations of the Union Jack (similar to what Ontario currently uses) which included Red, White and Blue (meaning that Montreal in fact was using the 'national colours' to match their 'Canadiens' moniker)

So there you have it. The Leafs weren't red and white because Canada didn't adopt those colours until 38 years later. In that amount of time, why change? The Blue and White had become their persona by that time. red is hte primary colour of their lifetime rival Montreal.

Bravo, couldn't have said that better myself. It would have been cool if we were named after our flag though... imagine the Toronto Red Ensigns... now that is pretty pimpin'.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

If you can't see the incredibly glaring similarities between Florida and Nashville, you are blind.

The only differences between the Panthers and Predators (besides the colors and logos obviously) are the collars and those stripes going under the elbows of the Panthers jerseys. That's all. The sleeve-length strip, use of piping and the cut of the jersey in all other aspects are exactly the same.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If you can't see the incredibly glaring similarities between Florida and Nashville, you are blind.

The only differences between the Panthers and Predators (besides the colors and logos obviously) are the collars and those stripes going under the elbows of the Panthers jerseys. That's all. The sleeve-length strip, use of piping and the cut of the jersey in all other aspects are exactly the same.

So you named two differences and three similarities, one of which I don't really understand. What exactly do you mean when you say cut of the jersey?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I just think too much is being made of this particular case. The Pens/Sens/Lightning similarities are strikingly obvious the moment I look at them. Of course I can see the similarities between the Preds and Panthers jerseys, because I'm not blind, but I can see similarities between a lot of jerseys. Not that it really matters to anyone, but I'm still not convinced that they're similar enough to complain about. No big deal.

You win this entire thread and 16 internets.

Archived