2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

The Penguins selected some random season ticket holders to deliver tickets to. The players themselves showed up at the house wearing the new jerseys.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...;galleryId=2291

Again, can't say how relieved I am. Jerseys look really sharp, especially while being casually worn

On the shoulder of the new jersey there's a patch, I think it says Pittsburgh 250, I haven't been on the Pens site lately but are they celebrating something? Is 2008 the city of Pittsburghs 250th Anniversary?

Late 2008 is the 250th anniversary, but the team decided to slap it on now. Either they are wearing it for this up coming season because its the 2007-08 season and they see it as the 2008 season or they just really want to wear it.

I thought it'd be more fitting for the 2008-09 season since their 250th is in November or something...i don't like the patch, it's just 250 in a big gold circle and has nothing that really ties it to the city's history other than that it's on a city team. Oh well.

It doesn't say Pittsburgh 250, it just says 250.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does say Pittsburgh 250, do a little reserach before posting next time!PADW103090520_1024x768.jpg

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/Rt-cPp...20_1024x768.jpg

I haven't seen that picture till now, so calm down there kid. It's still an ugly patch, i'm a die hard pens fan by the way. Anyways, All it says is Pittsburgh 250, there is nothing special about it and they sort of prematurely released that patch with the new jerseys and it looks odd when its on. If you look at the guys, the patch makes it flat in that one area making it point out and that just looks weird. They either should have thought about a shield with the 250 and the city skyline backdrop on black, white and the 250 in gold, or they just didn't really think about it and it occured to them later on.

Nov. 2008 is when the city celebrates it from what i remember reading about the patch...2008-09 season starts then, not the 2007-08, maybe the team should've rethought this, but hey, it won't make me love the team any less so whatever.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

look more closlier

More closlier?

Its a South Park reference, the episode with the bunny becoming pope.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Further confirmation of the new Flyers jereseys to be:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Regis1958/NHL16.jpg

That looks like the old Penguins jersey...

Doesn't mean anything, just sayin'.

look more closlier

its the new ones. new pants as well.

You look at this, the old one for comparison to the picture and you get a clearer idea of the leak. Not that it's special or anything, it is better than the home one we've seen leaked.

tx.gagne.jpg

Then look at that picture and you gotta go with leak part. That and the fact that we've seen the home one on a flyer and what not already.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

look more closlier

You look at this, the old one for comparison to the picture and you get a clearer idea of the leak. Not that it's special or anything, it is better than the home one we've seen leaked.

tx.gagne.jpg

Then look at that picture and you gotta go with leak part. That and the fact that we've seen the home one on a flyer and what not already.

It really sucks that the flyers had to change the uniforms, teh new one doesnt look near as good as that.

look more closlier

tx.gagne.jpg

It really sucks that the flyers had to change the uniforms, teh new one doesnt look near as good as that.

I disagree, with the caveat that we've only seen them on an action figure and in some crappy pics / scans. The old ones were fine, but getting a little... well, old. They weren't "classics" that couldn't be touched, but they weren't very modern either.

I guess it's a good thing you picked up one of the now old ones for such a great price! How much was it again? It's been a while since you reminded us.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

whats been leaked/rumored is what the flyers is going with. The avs as i have been informed is going to be 'bold, innovative and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.' I've heard something close to the flyers/lake erie jerseys but the only answer i get is 'cant confirm or deny'. given the template effect for just about every team, the don't be shocked if that is the template the avs go with. i can't go in to details on what the avs are doing, just relaying what i've been told. they may tweak that template to give the mountain effect.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

look more closlier

tx.gagne.jpg

It really sucks that the flyers had to change the uniforms, the new one doesnt look near as good as that.

I disagree, with the caveat that we've only seen them on an action figure and in some crappy pics / scans. The old ones were fine, but getting a little... well, old. They weren't "classics" that couldn't be touched, but they weren't very modern either.

I guess it's a good thing you picked up one of the now old ones for such a great price! How much was it again? It's been a while since you reminded us.

lmao, I did say it a couple times, lol. Ok, I will agree that they could've looked much worse, but also say they couldve been better, and I hate that theres an AHL team with the same template and the av's may have it as well, thats why I like the old ones better they were unique, and its a shame that we has to conform to one of reebok's templates, even if its one of the better tempaltes.

I will say tho that I am interested to see how it will look like in orange jersey will look like in it.

LoveStraubFight6web.jpg

This picture from Avs rookie camp shows the hideous vertical stripe socks. I'm worried :(

Those are typical for practice uniforms across the league.

Here is a better look at the uniforms the players are wearing from the same rookie camp...

KyleYoungGunWeb.jpgJDCorbinWeb.jpg

The poster was obviously trying to incite trouble without bothering to think that any of us could be smart enough to pull another photo off the same page he ripped that one from :P

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

look more closlier

tx.gagne.jpg

It really sucks that the flyers had to change the uniforms, the new one doesnt look near as good as that.

lmao, I did say it a couple times, lol. Ok, I will agree that they could've looked much worse, but also say they couldve been better, and I hate that theres an AHL team with the same template and the av's may have it as well, thats why I like the old ones better they were unique, and its a shame that we has to conform to one of reebok's templates, even if its one of the better tempaltes.

I will say tho that I am interested to see how it will look like in orange jersey will look like in it.

Well the purple / gold LA Kings used the same template as the Flyers, so it's not like it was just "theirs."

Well the purple / gold LA Kings used the same template as the Flyers, so it's not like it was just "theirs."

I think the Flyers had the basic gist of that uniform first and they are really defined by that jersey. No one really associates the Kings with their unis from the early eighties. It's just a throwback jersey.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The Penguins selected some random season ticket holders to deliver tickets to. The players themselves showed up at the house wearing the new jerseys.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...;galleryId=2291

Again, can't say how relieved I am. Jerseys look really sharp, especially while being casually worn

ya the more i look at them especialy in those pictures they arent that bad... the patch on the other hand has to go...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The Flyers jerseys arent the worst...but definately the best either...the black juts in to the white on the home is kinda akward and vice versa for the roads but I can get used to it...without that jut I would be willing to put these at the top of the list with the wings, bruins, and rangers, would have been a perfect update

brewerssig.jpg

I think the Flyers had the basic gist of that uniform first and they are really defined by that jersey. No one really associates the Kings with their unis from the early eighties. It's just a throwback jersey.

The Flyers had the 'gist' of it but the Kings refined it first and was later emulated by the Flyers.

1980 Kings - first year of this style

Kings1.gif

1980 Flyers

Flyers1.gif

1983 Flyers - first year of this style

Flyers3.gif

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Flyers had the 'gist' of it but the Kings refined it first and was later emulated by the Flyers.

Not similar enough. Cuffs, back yoke pattern, hem stripe all different.

The Flyers jerseys arent the worst...but definately the best either...the black juts in to the white on the home is kinda akward and vice versa for the roads but I can get used to it...without that jut I would be willing to put these at the top of the list with the wings, bruins, and rangers, would have been a perfect update

Yea, if the sleeves werent so bad I think they would be much better (As I said many pages ago, I dont like how the striping isnt consistant between the top of the jersey and the sleeves)

Archived